What's new

Media reaction to Cruise video

Terril park

Sponsor
I don't mean to demean Tom Cruise. You can see his passion and hope in the video. He has great courage and talent. Nothing can take that away from him. You can see he has a heart.

I don't think he has a clue what staff go through. Or the RPF, or the forced abortions, or the sadism.

It made me cry tonight to face the different dimensions of this arena.

Such a brilliant and talented man so full of hope and magic and care tripping through the wild flowers planted by all nighters of Sea Org members at Int.

It doesn't get more tragic than this.

But I know he is not to blame.

He means well.

I think he has good intentions.

He reminds me of myself.

So brave and fragile with hidden standards at the same time.

So certain with such a delicate platform.

So full of love against the backdrop of politics and war.

So in to the white magic and thinking it is everywhere.

Thank God for my ability with mathematics.

Because when you add it all up against physicis it is obvious there is more white magic than black, otherwise we would not have improved conditions.

I really believe this video was leaked by the church to shove him out on the front lines in full capacity.

He doesn't know what a rocket ride this all is yet but he will find out, like the rest of us.

I don't think the Sea Org can cover up it's abuses for much longer. They will never get the rest of the world to agree to RPF, the sadistic staff meetings, the poverty vows,..the abortions,...the total black magic on the walkway beyond the auditing rooms,..They don't have a clue how anti social they are.

And either does Tom Cruise. He never spent a day on staff.

I just don't want to hurt him. I don't feel he should be harmed attacked or suppressed. It is the actors job to be a puppet of the writer and director.

T.I.

In general I share your view of Tom.

I'm not fully up to speed on all this yet as I'm currently only accessing
things via internet cafes. But there is this talk in the book of the fields of flowers Tom ran in or could have run in. It was denied this was specially
created for him by SO staff. It may be this raises some questions in his mind,
he may realise their is some truth there, he may then ask himself some other
questions.

Pierrot

Patron with Honors
“I will not hesitate to put my ethics in someone else!”[/B]

What does that mean???

the full quote is ""I won't hesitate to put ethics in someone else, because I put it ruthlessly in on myself."

(I wonder where, in what environment, Tom would have picked up such an idea from)

"to put my ethics into someone" (no... not into, there... lol) doesn't mean anything as per Scientologese definition ethics is a self-determined action that cannot be performed on one by another.

The whole sentence quoted is called in Scientologese a "service Fac" - an idea one uses to assert one is right the other wrong, etc, and to justify/explain any action performed on another even if it hurts and destroys. The full video contains such ideas by the dozen, it's nearly embarassing...

It means Tom has an unfinished, incomplete Grade IV (sorting out one's fixed ideas) auditing, to say the least. And would have hard time to examine such ideas as he receives his auditing in an environment where such fixed ideas are shared, even by his auditor.

Pity - I like Tom Cruise as an actor.

Snuffy

Patron Meritorious
the full quote is ""I won't hesitate to put ethics in someone else, because I put it ruthlessly in on myself."

(I wonder where, in what environment, Tom would have picked up such an idea from)

"to put my ethics into someone" (no... not into, there... lol) doesn't mean anything as per Scientologese definition ethics is a self-determined action that cannot be performed on one by another.

The whole sentence quoted is called in Scientologese a "service Fac" - an idea one uses to assert one is right the other wrong, etc, and to justify/explain any action performed on another even if it hurts and destroys. The full video contains such ideas by the dozen, it's nearly embarassing...

It means Tom has an unfinished, incomplete Grade IV (sorting out one's fixed ideas) auditing, to say the least. And would have hard time to examine such ideas as he receives his auditing in an environment where such fixed ideas are shared, even by his auditor.

Putting Ethics in on someone follows the ethics gradients. The 2nd Ethics gradient, for example, is "noticing something nonoptimum and commenting on it to the person." So then, if the situation still does not change, you can get things like Gradient 6, "Talking to the person derogitorily." In other words, saying things like "That's totally not f*****g okay!" And so on, up to Ethics Gradient 36 - "Expulsion from Scientology."

So TC is basically saying he's not afraid to tell someone off. Big deal. Who is? What I really think he's saying is "Don't mess with me or you'll get your head chewed off!!" It's a dog-bark.

Tom Cruise is very good at acting certain types of roles - cocky, high-energy, do-gooder. Although he also plays a cocky, high-energy baddie in Collateral. So, cocky, and high-energy. But that's it. He'll never be an Al Pacino or a Marlon Brando - real versatile master of the craft. He's far too shallow for that.

Terril park

Sponsor

I agree. And it is embarrassing. What was this video originally used for, if indeed it was?

Its clear he is very sincere, and if you've read about his fall outs with Steven Spielbergs wife and Steven you can appreciate how his insistence of "putting in others ethics" completely pissed her off. He forgot the more senior datums of ARCU. He didn't understand.

Snuffy

Patron Meritorious
What was this video originally used for, if indeed it was?

It was 2004's IAS Event at St Hill. It happened at the end of October. I was there. Afterwards, all Scientologists around the globe had to watch it again and again. It was when the whole Ideal Org thing was starting to take off, so lots of new staff were going to be needed. (The new London Org building had just been purchased that very day, and was announced earlier in the event, so I think the idea was to get hundreds of staff signed up for London.)

It's basically a recruitment video. It's meant to get already existing Scientologists all fired up so they'll join staff. It worked on me.

Veda

Sponsor
I agree. And it is embarrassing. What was this video originally used for, if indeed it was?

Its clear he is very sincere, and if you've read about his fall outs with Steven Spielbergs wife and Steven you can appreciate how his insistence of "putting in others ethics" completely pissed her off. He forgot the more senior datums of ARCU. He didn't understand.

Re: "LRH Datums" (Each one wrapped in cellophane.)

There are at least a half dozen different definitions of "Ethics" in Scientology, starting with the visible and advertised to 'wogs', and leading, eventually, into confidential Fair Game-land.

Cruise probably has a better idea of what Scientology actually is than you do.

Take a look at your 'Scientology symbol', it's 'KRC' over 'ARC'.

Recommendation: Spend less time staring at that smiling picture of the Commodore.

Pierrot

Patron with Honors
Putting Ethics in on someone follows the ethics gradients. (snip) And so on, up to Ethics Gradient 36 - "Expulsion from Scientology."

I know what you mean. But for Tom to expel some bad guy from Scn would imply that someone was inside to begin with. Ultimately Tom would have to expel the whole planet.

There is another definition of Ethics Tom might be aware of - "6. are basically, merely good sense" and hearing Tom's words in the video we're talking about I wonder how Tom "puts it ruthlessly in on himself".

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Please don’t be too hard on tom, he is after all only an actor and actors love to dramatize, need an audience and rarely are themselves. In tom’s case he operates from the position of power, rich rich rich successful greatly admired and rich. Most wealthy people as a matter of course get everything they want and especially rich actors who can’t because of ego, ‘see’ the viewpoint of others. They are the authority, they are the performer on the stage and guess what, you are are looking at them and their created effect, not the other way around.

Tom is being used by the cos as a publicity draw card as we all know, he may even sub consciously realize it as well.

Welcome to the board! Love the name :)

I've seen it commented on in various places that Tom Cruise seems to be acting in some parts and you can see traces of Jerry McGuire and Top Gun etc. I doubt he is aware of it.

Unfortunately you can also see the fanaticism that has replaced any common sense as well. When I watched the video I felt sorry for him, it seemed to me there was an internal struggle eclipsed by what he feels he has to be and say.

Of course if he did not have the buffer of wealth and priviledge it would be a whole different story. Somehow I can't see him in the RPF. :ohmy:

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
The question is - now what?

It's as if all that has been accomplished is that we've got their attention.

Now there needs to be a way to get OUR message out. Like an end to enforced abortions, enforced disconnections, etc.

Tom Cruise should be made responsible.

He needs to be asked about these abuses on camera.

Terril park

Sponsor
Re: "LRH Datums" (Each one wrapped in cellophane.)

There are at least a half dozen different definitions of "Ethics" in Scientology, starting with the visible and advertised to 'wogs', and leading, eventually, into confidential Fair Game-land.

Cruise probably has a better idea of what Scientology actually is than you do.

Take a look at your 'Scientology symbol', it's 'KRC' over 'ARC'.

Recommendation: Spend less time staring at that smiling picture of the Commodore.

Its certainly an innovative intellectual leap to ascribe a difference of viewpoint as " ignorance."

You need to brush up on your remote viewing skills though.

If you ask Kerry nicely I'm sure she could give you an introduction to the Tom Cruise fan club.

MarkWI

Patron Meritorious
The question is - now what?

It's as if all that has been accomplished is that we've got their attention.

Now there needs to be a way to get OUR message out. Like an end to enforced abortions, enforced disconnections, etc.

A good game would be to add comments to the news where possible, with such info.

That's also a comm line to those still in, who out of curiosity may read the news.

M

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
I like this quote, it has been overlooked.

http://www.eonline.com/news/article/index.jsp?uuid=72573b1b-d164-4e7e-b318-d48f89388e0c

"For the last two years, the Church of Scientology requested to be interviewed or be presented with any allegations so we could respond," read a statement released Wednesday. "Morton refused despite our insistence in offering our cooperation. At no time did he request interviews nor did he attempt to get any information from us."

Morton, meanwhile, has pointed out pages in his book that refer directly to attempts to contact the Church, a possible protection if any lawsuit arises.