What's new

Melbourne Protest: November 21st

gridlock

Patron
Hello everyone!

After two months where the protests in Melbourne have continued to grow in size and strength from what we used to have, Melbanon has planned their next protest to be bigger and better than ever.

We will be protesting on the 21st of November, and this time we will be focusing on one topic, hopefully, but we are still working on deciding what.

The details for the protest are as follows:

Pre-protest Coffee:
11:00AM - Krispy Kreme at Melbourne Central.
this will allow anyone who is new to the protests to come and get to know those they will be protesting along side of, as well as allow you to ask any questions you may have and help with the pre-raid organisation.​

protest:
12.00PM - We meet at the Flinders St Station at the steps.
Half an hour for people to arrive on time.​
12:30PM - Raid Begins.
1:30PM - Move on to Bourke Street Mall.
--->
After that, depending on numbers, move to the State Library,
4:00pm - Church of Scientology, for the final part of the protest.
Anyone who wishes to do speeches, this is where it will take place​

If enough people come, we may have a photo op at the steps of Parliament.

What to bring:
  • Water (A dehydrated anon is not a productive anon)
  • Mask (or other form of face coverage)
  • Flyers (As many as you can)
  • Signs (if you can)
  • Friends (Power in Numbers)

The September protest had 45 people, the October protest had 50 or so people. We hope to aim for 60 or 70 at this one.
Please come along and help out.

We could definitely do with some more ex-scientologists to come and help. We're fighting for you. :) If you have any questions, don't hesitate to pm me. If you're interested in attending, but are afraid, it's ok, we have other ex-scientologists who come, so you're safe.
If you wish to help but cannot make it yourself, please let other people who might be interested in attending know.

Official Planning: Melbourne Anonymous Forum
Melbourne Anonymous: Melbourne Anonymous Home
Melbourne Anonymous Chat Room: IRC Chat

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
Good luck Melbanonon, have a great protest!

I hope some more ex-scns join you!

An idea for protest signs:

"What sort of a "church" commits fraud on its members?"

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
lionheart: good idea! :D
Any idea how to gain more ex-scientologists?

Getting Exes to actually join in the protests has been difficult, ever since the first anon protest.

I've spoken to many who "support" the protests but few who actually join in.

I think the reasons for this are complex and varied.

But there are several Melbournites (is that the word?) on ESMB. Perhaps you can re-vitalise their enthusiasm?

Why do you think your numbers are growing?

gridlock

Patron
If I knew who some of these ESMB members where,, then I'd contact them and let them know about the protest.

Alot of the reasons why the numbers are growing now is probably due to the fact that the central core of the melbourne anonymous protests are doing it for moral and ethical reasons, and actually believe in the cause, unlike the old anons from the early days.

We've also done alot more advertising, and have been putting alot of effort into letting people know what we're doing.

Not to mention there has been alot of talk of Scientology in the news lately.
:)

If only there was a way to get the exes to feel more enthusiastic, and know that we're here to help them, and we take this fight seriously.

consider this a callout to all melbourne ex scientologists. :)

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Looks like Melb Anon had a great day yesterday with out very own Scooter featuring in a big way.

Go MelbAnons!!

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/279-asia-pacific/melbourne-anonymous-postraid-57059/

FOR THE FOURTH MONTH IN A ROW, MELBOURNE ANONYMOUS HAS ROCKED YOUR WORLD.

I am not even kidding. It has been 4 months since Melbourne Anonymous underwent a kind of rebirth. And we have risen from the ashes like no one could have believed was possible. We have become a symbol within Australia, inspiring the other cells to follow in our footsteps and renew their efforts.

November 2009 was no different.

Due to the muggy weather we didn't pull as many numbers as originally anticipated, but we still had at least 35-40 members. And every single one of them was a serious, motivated, inspirational Anon. There were no idiotic trolls, no stupid memefags, plenty of femanons and plenty of smiles.

Melbourne welcomed us back with open arms. As one of the organisers, I spoke with 4 police at the start of the raid. They welcomed us back for another month, got my number in case we had any trouble and assured us that they would keep an eye out for us in the event of any abuse. Melbourne Police, I salute you.

Our raid started off a little slowly, everyone preparing themselves, getting hydrated, getting motivated and waiting patiently for the global petitions to be printed and arrive.

AND THEN IT GOT LOUD

Kip arrived, with his fabuous boombox. Melbourne Anonymous lined up and proceeded to kick off with Timewarp. We had members of the public stop, watch and at least 20 of them joined in the dancing. We are Melbanon and our public love us.

We stayed at Flinder's Street for about an hour and a half, collecting signatures, giving out free hugs, educating people and literally being bombarded by requests to sign our petitions. Xenophon, we salute you. I had entire families approaching me to find out what we were doing to stop Scientology and every damn member of the family would sign the petition.

^ Here we have Elf giving out Free Hugs (you gorgeous woman you), with me in the background getting those two young people to sign our petitions.

^ Here is me holding my petition, we'd only just gotten the petitions going and already I was being swamped.

^here we have the ever inspirational Kip, showing the world how it is done.

Flinder's Street station was amazing. So many people taking flyers, so many people signing petitions. We went through 800 flyers at flinder's street alone. 800. I had to send people to reprint flyers.

It was at Flinder's Street station that myself, Stroyer and Kenji were approached by a radio show host, who we will be intereviewing with on Tuesday. This comes after MelbRaid was recently interviewed by The Age and had The Age come out specifically to get photos at one of our small posterbombings.

The iron is hot at the moment and the media is striking. We have been flooded with corrospondence from media, requesting interviews, videos, pictures and general information.

But is that it? No. That's just the first 1 1/2 hours of our raid. While we'd been at Flinder's Street, I'd been speaking with one of our ExScilon raiders, the lovely lady who will remain Anonymous, but brings us cake every raid <333 This lovely lady had been speaking with Aaron Schofield, yes one of the 2 original professors of Scientology, and he was interested in coming to our raid. I spoke to him several times on the phone, let him know where we were, how long we would be there and when we were at Burke Street mall, he joined us.

Bourke Street Mall. Wow. What can I say. The reception was amazing. We went through another 800 flyers, had masses of people signing our petition and had people approaching us to share their stories.

We even had a Hari Krishna join us in our protest. YES. I AM SERIOUS. A Hari Krishna, a peaceful man, joined our protest.

^evidence of this peaceful man's protest C:

After the epiceness of Bourke Street Mall, we progressed to the State Library. Usually at the state library we chill out for half an hour or so, eat our lunch, and rev ourselves up to take on the Org. This time, we chilled for a short while, signed Human Rights petitions, were swamped with people wanting more information about who we are and what Scientology do and then....we turned on Bohemian Rhapsody.

^here you can see 3 of our femanons (lovely lasses), while Bluewish and Stevey ROCK THE HELL OUT. Oh yeah, airguitarrrrr.

^Here you see another 3 of our femanons. Well.....you can't really see me, I'm sitting in between Grey's legs. Yes, I was sitting between a hot girls legs. OH THE JOYS OF BEING A GIRL, I get away with murder. *cough*

^yet another of our lovely ladies and THE EPIC BLUEWISH/STEVEY ROCK OUT.

By the end of Bohemian Rhapsody, we were all headbanging, on our feet and ready to rock on.

^here you can see a couple of us acting like posers and getting ready to move on to the Org. Most people were still eating lunch and aren't in the pic XD

AND THEN IT WAS ON TO THE ORG.

^yes Sydfags, there are two of your own in our midst, learning the ways of Melbanon. I'm standing imperiously to the side, hand on my hip, yelling orders at people.

AND THEN WE REACHED THE ORG.

The Scilons refused to allow me to use their bathroom, even though I was busting. YOU INHUMANE THETANS. However all was not lost. We had the fantastic Aaron Schofield address the Scilons, as well as several other speeches. We stood in the rain and we were heard. Cars driving by honked at us, people approached us and signed petitions, hugged us and even praised us. WE LOVE YOU MELBOURNE.

Here are some of the fantastic speeches.

YouTube- Paul Schofield's first speech at MelbAnon Raid 21/11/2009

YouTube- SirAnon's Speech at MelbAnon Raid 21/11/09

YouTube- Paul Schofield's 2nd Speech at MelbAnon Raid 21/11/09

^more speeches being uploaded at the moment. I will edit them in as soon as they are up.

AH ON ONE FINAL NOTE. In one of the vids you can hear Aoichan yelling NEX, NEX!!! This is because I was being called to the door of the Org, to speak with the police. There was no confrontation, the police were wonderful, I was diplomatic and everything went fine. We've not had any problems with our police while protesting, they've always supported us when we've recieved abuse and they have always been supportive while we were at the Org. MELB POLICE RULE.

WE HAVE BEEN MELBOURNE ANONYMOUS, AND YOU HAVE LOVED US. WE LOVE YOU TOO <3

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
So much fun - and I made sure I wore the narconon t-shirt and cap that President Narconon Int gave me last time I was up there.:D

I't not up - I dunno if they got it on camera - but I opened my "speech" with:

"Hello Melbourne Foundation staff and public, this is Paul Schofield speaking to you ..." and the windows were frantically closed all over the building.:hysterical:

So much fun I'll have to go back for the next one.:yes:

And the Melanons are just an awesome bunch of people.:thumbsup:

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
So much fun - and I made sure I wore the narconon t-shirt and cap that President Narconon Int gave me last time I was up there.:D

I't not up - I dunno if they got it on camera - but I opened my "speech" with:

"Hello Melbourne Foundation staff and public, this is Paul Schofield speaking to you ..." and the windows were frantically closed all over the building.:hysterical:

So much fun I'll have to go back for the next one.:yes:

And the Melanons are just an awesome bunch of people.:thumbsup:

Let's go together to the next one :)

gridlock

Patron
It was definitely a great protest!

It'll be good to see you guys at the next raid, as was great to see the people who came to this one. :)

Emma; would be good to see you there! I was hoping you'd be coming to one of these last few protests. :)

haha, the people working at the org took a photo of me and paul at one point, was hillarious. I just jumped in and with a huge grin on my face to make the photo they take as whacky as possible :3

-
kenji

nex

I'm glad you liked my version of the raid. I was worried that I'd made the postraid report too fun. :3

It was a good raid. Though I was disappointed not to see you there, Emma. Come back to irc more :) We're pretty decent folk.

Scooter, do you want me to SMS you reminders like I do for the MelbAnons, or will you keep updated via forums?

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
I've bookmarked wwp for the Asia/Pacific so I keep track of bth Melanons and Sydney as well - thanks for the offer but no, I don't need the sms reminders.:thumbsup:

Hope to see you there for the next one.:D

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
"Do you reeeeaaly want a world ruled by Scientology?
I thank you.. For NOT listening!"

(Yelled by Paul 'Scooter' Schofield at Melbourne.org)​

Priceless!! :roflmao::hysterical::lol:

Div6

Crusader
I'm glad you liked my version of the raid. I was worried that I'd made the postraid report too fun. :3

It was a good raid. Though I was disappointed not to see you there, Emma. Come back to irc more :) We're pretty decent folk.

Scooter, do you want me to SMS you reminders like I do for the MelbAnons, or will you keep updated via forums?

*gasp*

I came.

:D

Amazing!

fnx3

Patron with Honors
WAY TO GO MELBANON!!!:party::bighug::wow::rock::megaphone: :soapbox: :thewave: :winner:

I supported you in spirit - just sorry I couldn't attend in person as I was not so well.