What's new

Members of the Nation of Islam are practicing the religion of Scientology

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Nation of Islam Sister Catinia Muhammad is taking the Hubbard Qualified Scientologist Course (HQS).

Tell me again about how members of the Nation of Islam are not becoming Scientologists.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/DianeticallySpeaking/permalink/1980938118671862/

x0i53KG.png

WwXD0LS.png

Source for course description:
Code:
http://learn.scientology.org/wis1_10.htm

Kz7LfdJ.png

Last edited:

CommunicatorIC

Nation of Islam Sister Nayyirah Tivica Muhammad is doing the Scientology Cause Resurgence Rundown, a Scientology Flag only Rundown.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/DianeticallySpeaking/permalink/1980088972090110/

WGnHEVI.png

fjIoxSb.png

Nation of Islam Sister Nayyirah Tivica Muhammad reports she is "winning" on the Scientology Cause Resurgence Rundown.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/DianeticallySpeaking/permalink/1982646235167717/

AkdvCuy.png

6t0IiIE.png

CommunicatorIC

All praise due to Allah, Nation of Islam Sister Julie Muhammad (a member of the Black Scientologists Facebook Group, see above) has completed her Scientology Drug Rundown and Scientology Happiness Rundown on route to become a Scientology Class V Auditor.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/DianeticallySpeaking/permalink/1637929836306027/

v8RY5Fa.png

Nation of Islam Sister Julie Muhammad, who as a member of the Black Scientologist Facebook group has self-identified as a "Scientologist," has completed the Scientology Student Hat course and is a Graduate of Scientology Study Technology.

APDTA = All Praise Due To Allah.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/DianeticallySpeaking/permalink/1983779398387734/

kLJrSsv.png

Last edited:

CommunicatorIC

After becoming Clear and completing Scientology Super Power, Nation of Islam Sister Nayyirah Tivica Muhammad says about the Scientology Cause Resurgence Rundown: "THIS is the ONE I needed OMG..."

After becoming Clear, completing Super Power and completing the Cause Resurgence Rundown, will Sister Nayyirah Tivica Muhammad exclaim "THIS is what I needed OMG..." when she is doing the Ls? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

https://www.facebook.com/groups/DianeticallySpeaking/permalink/1989139337851740/

5kz7MMx.png

Last edited:

PirateAndBum

Gold Meritorious Patron
I seriously doubt Hubbard wrote that quote. I don't ever recall reading that.

"A professional Scientologist has more social standing and ability to help than any other professional field" - yeah right. Ability to help stuff the coffers of the IAS perhaps. That's about it.

CommunicatorIC

"A professional Scientologist has more social standing and ability to help than any other professional field" - yeah right. Ability to help stuff the coffers of the IAS perhaps. That's about it.

I'm confident Hubbard wrote "Message to Black People" and that specific quotation -- or at least that they (like a lot of policy) were issued under his name with his authority. I recall reading it more than once. It is also, if I recall correctly, something that is handed out at the Church of Scientology of Inglewood and the Church of Scientology of Harlem.

I specifically recall the language, "A professional Scientologist has more social standing and ability to help than any other professional field."

Also, the Cult Education website notes:

https://culteducation.com/group/1284-scientology/25135-xenu-goes-uptown.html

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Hines, an older African-American man, presents a large portfolio with mock-ups of the new Harlem church, which is expected to open in the fall of 2008. He points to "A Message to Black People," written by Hubbard in 1961, which states that black people must change their situation in order to take their place among the most brilliant on earth.

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

Similarly, the Scientology News article "Meet a Scientologist — Patricia Gore’s PhD in Making it Go Right" states:

Code:
www.scientologynews.org/press-releases/meet-a-scientologist-patricia-gore-2012.html

Since 1995, Gore has been a member of Ebony Awakening, a nonprofit organization dedicated to restoring dignity and self-respect in Black communities by eradicating drug abuse, illiteracy and criminality.

The group was inspired by Mr. Hubbard’s ‘Message to Black People,’ written in 1961 in the height of civil rights unrest,” says Gore. “His message invites Black people to use the technology of Scientology so our people can ‘take their place amongst the most brilliant people of earth.’”

Last edited:

The_Fixer

Class Clown

Hubbard was a card carrying racist with the attitudes to different races that were quite common back in his day.

I think he was doing well money wise out of more or less people to be bothered recruiting the admiration and following of black people. Black people and other races wouldn't be welcome in his castle, perhaps?

He claimed to be a blood brother to an Indian tribe, which one I don't remember offhand. Somehow I doubt that Indians would have been all that welcome in his church either, despite his claim to brotherhood with them.

But I think that article was written by Bernard Bonner, whose name precedes the comment, not LRH. It looks like the LRH at the end was a sort of salute to him, is what I take from it.

CommunicatorIC

Hubbard was a card carrying racist with the attitudes to different races that were quite common back in his day.

I think he was doing well money wise out of more or less people to be bothered recruiting the admiration and following of black people. Black people and other races wouldn't be welcome in his castle, perhaps?

He claimed to be a blood brother to an Indian tribe, which one I don't remember offhand. Somehow I doubt that Indians would have been all that welcome in his church either, despite his claim to brotherhood with them.

But I think that article was written by Bernard Bonner, whose name precedes the comment, not LRH. It looks like the LRH at the end was a sort of salute to him, is what I take from it.

Again, fwiw, I recall reading "A Message to Black People," signed by Hubbard, in the Green Vols more than once. I also recall that the essay, over Hubbard's signature, is being handed out at the Church of Scientology of Inglewood and the Church of Scientology of Harlem.

The_Fixer

Class Clown
Again, fwiw, I recall reading "A Message to Black People," signed by Hubbard, in the Green Vols more than once. I also recall that the essay, over Hubbard's signature, is being handed out at the Church of Scientology of Inglewood and the Church of Scientology of Harlem.
Thanks IC. I've never read or heard of it, but that's not to say it wasn't so. I was only in for a couple of years and didn't get all that far in it, so there is an awful lot I never learned or knew as well.

Are you able to post any references or a link to it? Just curious to know.

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'm confident Hubbard wrote "Message to Black People" and that specific quotation -- or at least that they (like a lot of policy) were issued under his name with his authority. I recall reading it more than once. It is also, if I recall correctly, something that is handed out at the Church of Scientology of Inglewood and the Church of Scientology of Harlem.

I specifically recall the language, "A professional Scientologist has more social standing and ability to help than any other professional field."

Also, the Cult Education website notes:

https://culteducation.com/group/1284-scientology/25135-xenu-goes-uptown.html

Hines, an older African-American man, presents a large portfolio with mock-ups of the new Harlem church, which is expected to open in the fall of 2008. He points to "A Message to Black People," written by Hubbard in 1961, which states that black people must change their situation in order to take their place among the most brilliant on earth.

Similarly, the Scientology News article "Meet a Scientologist — Patricia Gore’s PhD in Making it Go Right" states:

Code:
www.scientologynews.org/press-releases/meet-a-scientologist-patricia-gore-2012.html

Since 1995, Gore has been a member of Ebony Awakening, a nonprofit organization dedicated to restoring dignity and self-respect in Black communities by eradicating drug abuse, illiteracy and criminality.

The group was inspired by Mr. Hubbard’s ‘Message to Black People,’ written in 1961 in the height of civil rights unrest,” says Gore. “His message invites Black people to use the technology of Scientology so our people can ‘take their place amongst the most brilliant people of earth.’”

For the record, when George Pilat and I broke in to Robert Kaufman’s apartment on Riverside Drive, Jerry Hines was the individual who provided us with the copy of the key. I mentioned this to Tony Ortega and Nancy Many several years ago.
Kaufman was the author of “Inside Scientology” and Pilat had brought a Nikon 35mm SLR camera and photographed everything he could find. We were inside the apartment for approx. 30 minutes.
Years earlier, Jerry Hines had been my senior when I was (ironically) double-posted as Chaplain/Dir. of Success, and I was quite surprised to see him.

CommunicatorIC

Thanks IC. I've never read or heard of it, but that's not to say it wasn't so. I was only in for a couple of years and didn't get all that far in it, so there is an awful lot I never learned or knew as well.

I noted references to it above in the thread, but have been unable to find the essay itself posted online.

CommunicatorIC

Looking further, it was cross-posted to OCMB from WWP:

http://www.webquake.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=32813&start=15

The source is listed as: "HCO Newsletter 3 January 1961." That is consistent with the 1961 date I've seen elsewhere. As I said above, I recall reading in the Green Vols. and as a stand-alone handout.

See also:

https://whyweprotest.net/threads/ebony-awakening-logo-dc-org.66736/#post-1333068

/

The_Fixer

Class Clown

I compared the quote up above with the link Comm IC gave out above and the two compare.
Looks like LRH did write it after all …

Thanks IC. I know now.

But reading that quote also gave me the impression that Hubbard didn't think the Blacks were terribly smart either.

Just reading between the lines here:

"Completely aside from what it means to the whites, Scientology offers to the black people of America a wonderful chance. The world's primary study of the mind has a long and excellent record of success across the world in improving the opportunities of Man. If Scientology were to be used by the black people of America, the gains for which they have striven so hard in the social world would be guaranteed." LRH

Hmm...