ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Memories are flooding back after finding message board

Discussion in 'Reconnecting with Old Friends' started by jane lance, Aug 26, 2015.

View Users: View Users
  1. jane lance

jane lance New Member

It's been good reading posts from others who were at St. Hill at the same time that I was (from about 1975/6 to 1981). It brought stuff flooding back to me, remembering others, and in some ways it all seems like yesterday. I'm sure I've forgotten so much. Some posts made me smile and even made it all sound almost like fun! Well I do have fond memories of those who I worked alongside even though I didn't find the overall experience at all easy. Washing your hair in freezing water and living on beans and rice, cleaning stations, muster....help!

2. JustSheila

JustSheila Crusader

:welcome2: to ESMB, Jane!

You'll likely run into quite a few people you knew back then here at ESMB.

By the way, do you remember Lorita Hill or Joanne Zinke and her daughter. Wanda Madias-Zinke? I think they were from SH.

3. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

Welcome Jane!

There's lots of stuff here. Were you in Stonelands or Brookhouse? There's a lot of information here, try the search engine. Enjoy...

4. jane lance

jane lance New Member

Thanks for the welcome - no I don't recall those names, sorry. Jane

5. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Hi Jane,

I remember you!

Paul Adams

P.S. Don Simons and Colin Guy post here sometimes.
    P.P.S. So what you been doing for the past 34 years?

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
  6. Cat's Squirrel

Cat's Squirrel Gold Meritorious Patron

Jane, welcome to ESMB! Some of the people you would have known at St Hill left to start a freezone centre in EG, which was where I got to know them. Do you remember, for example, Steve Bisbey, Joyce Barnes or Morag Bellmaine?

7. Lurker5

Lurker5 Gold Meritorious Patron

Hello Jane :wave: and :welcome2:

8. Mick Wenlock

Mick Wenlock Admin Emeritus (retired)

howdy! I was at St Hill from 76 through 78 at FOLOUK originally came there from HAPI.

9. jane lance

jane lance New Member

I was mostly at Stonelands folowed by a much shorter time at Brookhouse (had forgotten it's name). Remember Laina MacNamee running up as we waited for the bus to St. Hill and telling us that John Lennon had been shot - never forget that. I'll try the search engine when I work it all out. Thanks for the welcome.

10. jane lance

jane lance New Member

Re: Memories are flooding back after finding message board 1

I can place Steve Bisbey, though Morag Bellmaine rings a bell only. Didn't really know either of them.Steve and Roz had a room next to us at Stonelands. Roz always seemed very elegant. That's my recall

11. jane lance

jane lance New Member

I remember you too of course and that's such a good question re the last 34 years! Mostly just blundering my way through, I've followed the teachings of a trusted channeller (still can't spell it ) and her guide, learned some discernment in what I listen to and continued to wonder what it's really all about. I've been doing creative stuff artistically as and when I have the time and necessary energy. Got a lovely dog called Madd(y and she's good for me and my partner Steve.

12. strativarius

strativarius Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

Was there a Mark Bellmaine Cat's, or is that just a figment of my imagination?

13. Dulloldfart

John Bellmaine. Hooked up with Vanessa Irwin after Morag left. Vanessa went on to run the Beverly Hills mission.

Paul

14. strativarius

strativarius Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

Yup! That's the kiddie. Do you remember a GF of his called Jo Conolly? (Shit, she could be posting here for all I know...)

15. Dulloldfart

No, sorry, although I might recognise a photo.

Paul

16. Cat's Squirrel

By the time I knew Steve and Morag, Stratty, they were an item and I didn't know Steve or Morag's previous partners. I did meet Morag's (and presumably John's) daughter Suzanne though, and she was a sweetheart as well as the spitting image of her mother.

17. Dulloldfart

Jane, ESMB threads get derailed all the time. Don't take it as any kind of slight.

Is your artistic work on any website anywhere?

Paul

18. Cat's Squirrel

If that's a hint Paul I'll take it. It's just that if I remember people from around that time, not only Stratty but also Jane might do as well.

19. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

He was my first auditor. Free student auditing. Those were the days.

20. Dulloldfart

Not really, as I do it all the time too. Just trying to be nice to a newbie I worked with for years. In the late 70s I was a Letter Reg, and Jane pretty-much single-handed CF for a year or so. All on her little lonesome she got the CF filing into PT. It might not sound much, but at the time it was a staggering feat, and the Dissem back lines people were VERY impressed as no-one else in living memory had done so, even with help. And after she went on to other things (Audits Officer) it got horribly backlogged again.

Oh, just for a bit more description, she also pulled and refiled the CF folders for the Letter Reges each week (1500 a week?).

Paul