ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Message to Anon

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by scino, Feb 12, 2008.

View Users: View Users
  1. dr3k

dr3k Patron with Honors

here

Attached Files:

2. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

So being an anon is a bit like being a scientologist then. Arcane language and processing.

Maybe Paul can ask his robot to do something on that. :)

3. Poofy

Poofy Patron with Honors

It would appear similar, but the difference is there is no formal guide. The words are arrived at their definitions by the creativity of the users. Popular ones become generally known and used.

The difference is the lack of formality: Hubbard made jargon to define things his own way. Channers find expression through emergent consensus.

4. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

Subject for a thesis? How this is accelerated by the net.

"Grammer is description not prescription."[ Chomsky?] Was in love with a linguistics major once.

5. Jbrazel

Jbrazel Patron

:thumbsup: Too Long; Didn't Read. Opps, sry asked and answered already.

6. Jesus666

Jesus666 Patron

A failure? this has been the largest protest ever against scientology, 10.000 members world wide protesting.

You're obvious a scifag spy trying to change people's opinions/morale

Last edited: Feb 13, 2008
  7. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

The big schism in 1982/3 had 450 scifags protesting in LA, per Alan. Unconfirmed reports but the recent LA protest was slightly higher. I saw roughly 400 in London.

Biggest ever no doubt.

100,000 worldwide? Can you verify anything like that?

8. Poofy

Poofy Patron with Honors

Actually more around 7-9 thousand. There were no hard counts, just estimates.

9. shader

shader Patron with Honors

OVER NINE THOUSAND!

Edit: linkage for the meme impaired

Last edited: Feb 13, 2008
  10. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

There's only one 'stat'; more than the 'Church' could handle.

Zinj

11. Jesus666

Jesus666 Patron

pardon me lol 10 thousand i meant

and i still remain with my earlier statement

12. anon192168

anon192168 New Member

not the point

This isn't the point of what we are trying to do. the Co$ has tried to corrupt the last, and always free media of the Internet. Anonymous is the Internet community. The Co$ will not control it, as a matter of fact the opposite will happen. Google or use any search engine and look for information on Scientology or Al Ron Hubbard, and now you find information on Cults. That is a measure of our progress. Preventing and exposing the Co$ lies and corruption is a public form they have no control over.

13. AnAppreciativeAnon

AnAppreciativeAnon New Member

Oh God, Rules 1 & 2 are going down in flames in this thread. :nervous:

14. Mark A. Baker

Mark A. Baker Sponsor

This does NOT necessarily represent a "positive" development. :melodramatic:

I personally am not a great "believer" in the imaginary virtues of consensus, especially as applied to the evolution of language.

The English language (English, 'Stryne, British, American, etc.) has an illustrious tradition of the apt coining of new words & phrases by clever & witty individuals.

There is also, unfortunately, a lengthy tradition of the adoption of comparatively "ugly" slang usages as a result of "popular" consensus.

Nor, are my comments intended as a defense of "hubbardisms". For what its worth (admittedly not much), I consider an excessive & widespread dependence on "scientologese" to be one of the more unnecessary problems facing the freezone.

Mark A. Baker

15. Jesus666

Jesus666 Patron

Show where both rules were broken :confused2: