What's new

Miami Ideal Org Shills

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
Miami Mayor Tomás Regalado and former GOP Rep. Lincoln Diaz-Balarta are taken to task for acting as shills for Scientology Miami's Ideal Org:

regaldoscreencap.jpg

Mayor Tomás Regalado is prominently featured on Scientology's homepage after helping to open a Miami center for the controversial religion.

If there's one issue Miami Mayor Tomás Regalado has staked his career on, it's unwavering opposition to the human rights abuses in communist Cuba. The same goes for former GOP Rep. Lincoln Diaz-Balart.

So it's more than a little jarring that both Regalado and Diaz-Balart spent Saturday enthusiastically opening a Miami megacenter for Scientology, a religion with well-documented claims of serious human rights abuses. The pair even shared a stage with David Miscavige, the church's chief, who has been accused of violently beating followers and is the subject of regular gruesome claims in an ongoing A&E series.

more: http://www.miaminewtimes.com/news/m...ef-david-miscavige-to-open-new-center-9316653

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
[FONT=&amp]Church of Scientology opens a massive new center in Coconut Grove
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]
[FONT=&amp]BY RENE RODRIGUEZ

[/FONT]A ribbon cutting for a religious organization rarely generates much media attention. But Saturday’s opening celebration of a massive new Church of Scientology center in Coconut Grove was an exception.

Miami Mayor Tomás Regalado was among the 2,000 invitation-only guests at the 50,000-square-foot facility. Also in the crowd were former U.S. Rep. Lincoln Díaz-Balart and David Miscavige, Scientology’s polarizing ecclesiastical leader, who has been accused of using physical violence against some of the church’s members.

Regalado says the church approached him several months ago with plans for the building, which were approved for meeting all zoning requirements.

“They offered to do volunteer projects that would benefit the city,” Regalado says. “It’s a beautiful building and it’s a huge investment. I was also informed that through their foundation, they are helping dissidents in Cuba.”

The Church of Scientology is protected by the U.S. Constitution and is recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a nonprofit institution, Regalado said.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/article147941904.html#storylink=cpy

[/FONT]
continues: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/article147941904.html

exseaorgclocmoflagetc

Patron with Honors
Regaldo goes to everything and so do the others so its not a big deal.

Whats really weird about this is that they moved to a place with no foot traffic, but lots of highway traffic. IT is a 99% residential area by the highway...very odd choice of place. The old neighborhood they were in, planned to close off the street and make it a pedestrian and outdoor cafe area in a place considered restaurant row with heavy foot traffic. I can only imagine why they made the move from such an opportune place

Last edited:

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
Regaldo goes to everything and so do the others so its not a big deal.

Whats really weird about this is that they moved to a place with no foot traffic, but lots of highway traffic. IT is a 99% residential area by the highway...very odd choice of place. The old neighborhood they were in planned to close off the street and make it a pedestrian and out door cafe area in a place considered restaurant row. I can only imagine why they made the move.
I think it's a big, disgusting deal that Miami Mayor Tomás Regalado supports and promotes the Scientology organized crime syndicate and was pleased that Tim Elfrink of Miami New Times wrote an incisive, critical article about it and Scientology. If I lived in Miami I certainly wouldn't vote for him. I hope the above article has had the same effect on some of the people in Miami as it did on me.