ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Mike Laws

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Mike Laws, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Kookaburra

Kookaburra Gold Meritorious Patron

:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

I never thought of it that way! That is hilarious. And quite possibly true!

Welcome to the board, Mike. I'm glad to see you posting openly. OSA has made another enemy. They have a deathwish.

2. fortymarriedandbalding

fortymarriedandbalding Patron with Honors

Welcome Mike.

Thanks for coming to boost our stats a little.

Look forward to hearing what you have to say.

3. GreyWolf

GreyWolf Gold Meritorious Patron

Welcome and I hope to hear more of what you have to say.

4. Cherished

Cherished Silver Meritorious Patron

Mike Laws is a good egg.

:eyeroll:

5. scooter

scooter Gold Meritorious Patron

I very much second this message,:thumbsup:

6. Karen#1

Karen#1 Gold Meritorious Patron

For every action, an equal and contra re-action

Dear Michael,

Although I feel you have somewhat played this down, you were a member of the *ELITE* RTC, the senior most echelon of DM's Cult, (and therefore a VIP within) and the impact of you posting here will not be lost by "Office of COB."

We are so tracking together. I was an anonymous poster with no Email address, completely innocuous til OSA/RTC outed me with a hate web page, revealing my name and pc folder data.

Then all bets were off.

Their revealing my name caused literally hundreds of new comm lines reaching for me, asking questions, asking advice and guess where I send them to get more informed on the Internet ?

??????

I REALLY upped my presence after their hate web page and threw the gauntlet down. ......and they did it again !
    They did it with you ! They do not learn.
    They just cannot do a U-Turn on the one way high speed freeway they are on ~~ the high speed freeway with so many in pursuit ....

I am sure you are aware of this fact, but I will post it for the readers of this forum.

Miscavige has an ongoing strategy to flip ex RTC who have joined Marty and Mike back to the church by offering a *Cancellaton* of their declare.:):):):):):):)

Apparently, it is just too much for him to swallow that more blown RTC are with Marty and Mike than remain in his domain.

So the strategy is :

1) Fire a mission to the blown RTC member.
    2) Have the blown RTC member PROMISE to stop posting and reading the Internet.
    3) Have the blown RTC member disavow Mike and Marty publicly.

and the "Suppressive Person" declare will be overturned

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am guessing this was attempted with you....

7. nozeno

nozeno Gold Meritorious Patron

Gee what a unique approach.

Hey Davie boy get some new material. This has been tried since the 70's. Didn't work then and will fail now.

Same shit different day.

8. There are many more Ex Scientologists than there are COS active members.
    More and more are leaving all the time. :)

Welcome, lurkers! :happydance:

9. Outethicsofficer

Outethicsofficer Silver Meritorious Patron

Welcome Mike.
    James

10. Mike Laws

Mike Laws Patron Meritorious

Zinj,

One of the cool things about maturity (or old age) is that you reach a point where there is little interest in what others think. I am not vaguely worried about tomatoes being cast and changing my personal opinions and loyalties. It is more about time. I choose not to spend my time defending people when deep opinions and bias are non productive. No profit in it.

When I first decided to really get out, I spent almost all of my free time for a year reading every blog and article out there. This was before I posted anything or helped anyone. As you know, there is a vast amount of information out there, most of it accurate, some embelished and some untrue.

I have also read the whole "we hate marty thread" here on ESMB, I am not hiding from it, just found, for myself, very little in that thread worth commenting on.

Respectfully, and I truly mean respectfully, some people here react to Marty like a red cape being waved before roid raged sexually frustrated bull with a dozen barbs in them. Does Marty have personality traits making him a polarizing figure? Absolutely. I know the guy and don't feel like going on about that while ignoring other aspects of him.

I will share more bits and pieces here shortly.

11. nexus100

nexus100 Gold Meritorious Patron

I could care less about Marty but it seems you're spending a lot of ink defending him, by deflection. It makes one wonder why.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2010
  12. TG1

TG1 Angelic Poster

Why are you asking, Nex?

13. nexus100

nexus100 Gold Meritorious Patron

Am I asking something?

14. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

I'm not too surprised at Mike's 'defense' of his friend. Doesn't bother me either, although I'd disagree on the 'hate' for Marty here.

There's certainly distrust, rightfully so, and, more important, *opposition* to his machinations. Like I said, it's politics. And, Mike can present his case for a 'more benign view' of Marty and Martyworld and it'll be judged on its merits.

If Marty weren't out selling a patently bogus reality and history, he'd be a non-issue. Even the fact that he was a co-conspirator in much of the worst criminality of the 'Church' wouldn't be that much of an issue.

But, 'hate'? Nah.

Zinj

15. Mike Laws

Synthia,

You actually bring up a very interesting point. Ex SO of today often are very different from Ex SO of even 8-10 years ago, such as Jeff Hawkins, Amy Scobee, Janice Grady, etc. I have found these "older" exes to be exceptionally courtous, thankful, polite, respectful, etc.

Not very long ago I had as a guest a recently out SO member for perhaps a month. The experience, initially was horrible for me, arrogance, degrading comments about everything from the cleaning of my house to my lifestyle and negative comments about my friends. Got to the point I would work late into the night so that I didn't have to go home. After their departure I swore I would never help another ex, until I realized this new crop was conditioned not to be able to have close friends, this one seemed to pick up the "winning" valence of DM as a good persolality trait. Got me to looking that the culture of the SO especially and somewhat all staff, and even some public, can't have or create real strong personal friendhsips. Makes sense as a survival culture for the church ... church is everything, individuals are nothing. Can't have them pesky independant individuals banding together in solid friendships becoming a potential threat now can we?

M&M are a fascinating exercise in observation. Mike is obviously more polished, quite brilliant, excellent presence and communication skills, cool as a cucumber, well dressed, holds himself well. Marty can be rough around the edges, a bit of a fire ball, equally brilliant, wears his emotions on his sleeve, very passionate. Marty pisses me off much more often than Mike who has never really upset me, but I consider Marty the closer friend because he is always real with me. I am sure Marty would say the same, I know I piss him off too! If I were in an all out brawl, and only had one to choose for my back, I would unquestionably pick Marty. But thats me. I respect and appreciate people who tell me like they see it, wrong or right.

With regards your experiences with Marty, i can't comment on it because I don't know anyof the circumstances. But, because I believe you are genuinly of good heart and soul, and if you were inclined to adress the matter, I would suggest you gather your thoughts and write a private email to him, outlining where you are at, what you are trying to do, and if he said something rude to you, mention it and why it hurt your feelings. I don't have to day be polite, having read many things you have written, you are usually quite polite.

One of the reasons I cut more slack to M&M than I might others, is because they are continually under attack from the church, both of them are gentlemen enough that they probably (really) don't relay 90% of it. Anyone under that type of attack can have a bad day. A bad day can't be taken personally.

16. Mike Laws

Zinj, and Emma,

I hope I wasn't unclear or inconsiderate with my post, I was not trying to be critical, but merely observant.

There is a natural ebb and flow to everything. ESMB was slowing down (fact that Emma will document), it could have slowed to the point of being a valuable archive like Exscientologykids.

But nooo, the church has energized everone involved to bring it up the ranks. I mentioned it primarily in case OSA missed it (smart move kids).

17. AnonKat

AnonKat Crusader

welcome

[​IMG]

18. Mike Laws

Alanzo,

So you are not as prickly or obnixious in real communication as you seemed reading your comments and responses in other blogs.

You bring up a fascinating point too, third party law. I agree with what you write, very much so. I believe the trap and flaw of hubbards writings has as much to do with the non written culture which puts emphasis on different parts of tech. An example being "its true only if its true to you" and another is KSW1. Both must be absolutely true however if a student read something and said they didn't agree, they would be pounded into submission with KSW1.

If we apply common sense to the third party law, yes, a conflict may be formed by one or more hidden third parties. However I can also create conflict by being rude, disrespectful, an ass, a cheat, try to steal someones girlfriend, or whatever.

That is why the scientology culture fails, they try and beat, taunt, agrivate poke and steal from a hornets nest and then claim foul or victim.

19. Mike Laws

Panda,

Lol, I have gotten pretty fat and out of shape since we last met, you may want to revise that, unless we are protecting ourselves from Sumo wrestlers.

20. Mike Laws

Lol, Kev,

I know, but someone also listed me as an independant, and there is a photo of me and Marty, side by side floating around. Again, I would rather, up front, let every one know where I stand lest I be accused of being a troll.