ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Mike Laws

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Mike Laws, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Sindy

Sindy Crusader

:bigcry: Karen, I know you're one tough lady but, I'm so sorry about these atrocities. Your son should never have had to be subjected to such sadism in his "church" for cryin' out load. My god, these people are morally bankrupt.

Never let up and neither will I, I promise. These guys are goin' down.

2. Mike Laws

Mike Laws Patron Meritorious

Face,

thank you, very thoughtful and remarkably appropriate to the situation we are discussing. I am going to have to find myself some good books on the subject.

Thanks for the memory of my father. In the old COS he was considered somewhat of a hero for his uncounted hours helping with construction and whatever, and for making it to ot VIII TWICE as a factory worker doing two or three jobs at a time, sacrificing everything to get there. In the new COS he was an embarrasment for running around the FSO in an old wife beater, shorts and slippers, continually sent to ethics and refusing to change.

Were you by chance there when he has a stroke in his sleep and was left unvisited in his room for 2-3 days unable to get up and out of bed? My sister had to blow a gasket to even get someone to check up on him.

3. Mike Laws

Ooops, sorry, you are right.

4. Mike Laws

Karen,

My heart goes out to you on your sons story. I have heard dozens of storys of similar emotional abuse. I suspect that the brutality shown to your son had little to do with him, but rather a relay of DMs hatred of Heber. DM probably relished getting details of the story and having them relayed to Heber.

I have been out of RTC for over 20 years, it was a very different organization back then under Jesse Prince, Vicki Aznaran, etc. We were only +/- 30 staff, and we were not as cold and viscious as the organization is today. One of the major public faces in those days was Bonnie Flower, a beautiful tall voluptious bubbly personality who I was very close to, and used to almost cry about how she coudln't get compliance to things that would have helped people. She was in AOLA, anyone in AOLA mid 90s would have known her.

We were all messengers, and did CMO epfs, MOD training and all the rest, but I don't remember that type of cold visciousness. We actually had fun together and with others. One of the biggest RTC wide investigations I remember was who put a condom with mayonaise on the ever prissy Peach Khaleds (HAS) desk or Christmas Tree. The culprid was never discovered.

Aznaran and Price did try and nurture individuality, initiative and "strong" compassion.

We were considered Elite, but got slapped down by VA and JP if we took ourselves too seriously. They wanted staff to respect and want to support us, not fear us.

5. Veda

Veda Sponsor

Then it must really be bad today, since it was pretty vicious 28 years ago at the 2nd Mission Holders conference and the following months and years.

It wasn't exactly 'Mr. Rogers' neighborhood' (American kid's show emphasizing gentleness) before that either, and the below video features (toward the beginning) excerpts from interviews with the former Mayor of Clearwater (who was dirty trick Op'ed under Hubbard's direction), and a retired Clearwater police detective, discussing the events of 1975. The video continues with an examination of the year 2000 in Clearwater, and even features a fellow named Dennis Clarke who, in the early 1980s, was a Scientology thug. On the video, Mark Bunker reads from a copy of 'Messiah or Madman?' of Clarke's assault on a complete stranger after he couldn't find his assigned target, Bent Corydon - that was 1984/85. The video shows Clarke in action in the year 2000, still bullying people around, but with some restraint as he had been promoted to the position of President of the Citizens' Commission on Human Rights.

One could go back further in time to the 1970s, and the list of abuses during that decade is long, as is the list of abuses from the 1960s. I'm sure you're familiar with at least some of the accounts of these abuses.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4595729596527335458

Vicki Aznaran has written at least one affidavit that depicts abuses from her time, and here's an excerpt from an affidavit by Jesse Prince. It speaks for itself:

"It is incumbent on this and every court to realize the amount of deception, chicanery, lying, manipulation and outright criminality that Scientology will employ to hide the truth about their criminal activities. They will spend any amount of money to do this. I know because I was part of it for years. I received orders to break the law. I issued orders to break the law. I got others to break the law, and then I helped to hide these criminal activities just as they are hiding them now. In fact, the tactic is one of the most coercive used by the Scientology hierarchy: to involve members in criminal acts for which they are then liable, which then prevents the person from speaking out."

And this is from a 1986 interview of Martin Samuels, former Mission Holder, and founder of the Delphian School, from the 'Reflections' chapter of the book, 'L. Ron Hubbard, Messiah or Madman?' http://www.amazon.com/reader/0942637577?_encoding=UTF8&ref_=sib_dp_pt :

"Hubbard operated according to a couple of key patterns.

"The first pattern involved basically decent well intentioned people... no one was able to rise in the organization to a point of any real proximity to him, without being attacked and vilified...

"And of course the next person thinks he or she is immune. Of course, now Hubbard is dead, so we won't see that pattern particularly repeated, except inasmuch as we'll see the Church hierarchy emulate and carry that pattern forward.

"The next pattern: It's reap and rape. Hubbard would let the reins loose. He'd let people believe they really could get on with it... He'd let people believe they really could prosper to the full extent of their own ability, and enjoy the fruits of their labor.

"And, with that kind of freedom, prosperity does occur, Inevitably, though, he'd come along and rape and pillage and rip off and take what had been produced. The most dramatic example of this was '82, '83, when he 'raped' his most decent people in management along with the mission holders, and looted the entire mission network.

"And look at this pattern... He surrounded himself with absolute hooligans as 'managers'; guys who beat the shit out of people. This man, who 'is this OT, the author of Science of Survival, completely able to predict human behavior', surrounded himself with ruthless people - like Miscavige - who got there because they emulated Hubbard's savagery. They emulated his total willingness to completely break, use, and discard another person.

"And then after their hands were so bloody - and the only reason their hands were bloody was that they were doing what Hubbard wanted - when it finally started to get to the point where it couldn't be tolerated by people anymore, Hubbard wiped them out. Then he said. 'My God! I didn't know!' Scapegoat. He even did that to his own wife, who went to jail in his place...

"But the thing that's amazing, and to me terrifying, is the characteristic of the mind, my mind, your mind, and apparently many other people's minds, where I could buy this horseshit, where I could participate in it."

And this from the Declaration of Lawrence H. Brennan, 2008:

"There was a real secret body of people directly run by Hubbard."

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=90246&postcount=1

I'm sure that conditions did worsen from around 1990 as you say, and there may have been a more mellow period - for a while - after Hubbard died, and the sick crazed LRH monkey was off RTC's back, but to those subjected to Fair Game and harassing litigation during this more mellow period, little had changed. The same front-group&mental-healing-coated deceitful and malevolent operation that Hubbard had created in the 1960s&1970s continued doing what it does.

6. Div6

Div6 Crusader

Welcome Mike. It is good to see you speaking up and look forward to your full "debrief." Having been on Cl V org staff in the 80's-90's, I had the pleasure of meeting a number of RTC staff during that time, and while I don't specifically remember meeting you, I wonder if you have any word about Larry Lester? Is he still in or out? He was seriously one of the most hilarious (in a good way) Aussies I ever met IRL.

Again, Welcome.

7. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

Lol, most of the Aussies would remember Larry Lester with fondness, I'd guess.
    I know I do, he was one of the funniest guys I ever met.
    I can't imagine that Larry's irreverence would fit the CofS mold these days and haven't heard anything of him for years but I'll see what I can find out.

8. Feral

Feral Rogue male

Veda, that's a great video. It tells a lot about what the cult calls PR area control, very illustrative, and very disturbing that the police in the US can be so corrupted.