What's new

Mockingbird's Nest

mockingbird

Silver Meritorious Patron
FBM instead of addressing my claims you used the genetic fallacy ! Oh, but you claimed I don't understand it ! You are reduced to ad hominem and other fallacies but if I point it out you can use more. Seems like one person gets a free pass while another is seen as not warranting equal consideration.

And your stating "if...then" is a use of a moralistic fallacy. But I don't understand that either.

mockingbird

FBM I am not going to dig through every post in every thread to "prove" my point to you. I don't seek to or have to. People have said rude, disruptive and insulting things. And not politely disagreed. If you think ESMB is an idyllic paradise where people are always treated well we have a significant difference of opinion on some occurrences, admittedly probably a small amount of posts percentage wise, but still there.

But what's the point of trying to talk to you when you will just say I don't understand the words I am using ?

By doing that you don't have to address them. But that's okay you never have to address them.

mockingbird

FBM here's an unpleasant reality - I believe what I posted. If a person is honest about what happens and told "don't criticize something, because that can hurt others by preventing their gains" what is going on where you need to hide or lie by omission ?

I mean honest cops should not need to hide what they do, honest guards should not, the Scientology cult shouldn't need to hide what members experience so why should I ? The truth isn't just your beliefs and criticism isn't just for your acceptable targets.

So if someone else has a different experience and different beliefs should they censor them because you know better ? Seems like we're back to someone knowing they are superior.

If someone told me they had a good or bad experience at ESMB or anywhere else I wouldn't act like they had to prove it, were lying, didn't understand what they were saying and should hide what they believe. But you know far better than me, in your mind.

Free speech isn't about ideas you agree with: it's about ideas you disagree with and even loathe.

Free Being Me

Crusader
FBM I am not going to dig through every post in every thread to "prove" my point to you. I don't seek to or have to. People have said rude, disruptive and insulting things. And not politely disagreed. If you think ESMB is an idyllic paradise where people are always treated well we have a significant difference of opinion on some occurrences, admittedly probably a small amount of posts percentage wise, but still there.

But what's the point of trying to talk to you when you will just say I don't understand the words I am using ?

By doing that you don't have to address them. But that's okay you never have to address them.

Be a man speaking directly to those who've wronged you openly or in a pm. Don't take it out on the entire board with a behind the back blog tantrum. A and B have supposedly done something horrible to you so C through Z are to blame too, the whole board is at fault. Poor reasoning to say the least. You're interested in helping the very people you now openly despise over shit you can't even remember to quote? Really? Try reading some Steven Hassan books and maybe take a break from the internet.

“The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.” Julius Caesar (Shakespeare)

mockingbird

Be a man speaking directly to those who've wronged you openly or in a pm. Don't take it out on the entire board with a behind the back blog tantrum. A and B have supposedly done something horrible to you so C through Z are to blame too, the whole board is at fault. Poor reasoning to say the least. You're interested in helping the very people you now openly despise over shit you can't even remember to quote? Really? Try reading some Steven Hassan books and maybe take a break from the internet.

“The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, but in ourselves.” Julius Caesar (Shakespeare)
Free Being Me

Okay, so the be a man ad hominem means I am less than a man or failing to be a man, to your satisfaction? Very good debating. A cornerstone of reason and science, the personal insult, the gateway to reason.

The term supposedly ? Why not go full Miscavige and say purported ? The whole board ? I never said the whole board, but don't let facts diminish your ability to distort and attack an argument never put forth. Strawman seems to be habitual for you now.

I didn't say I can't even remember. Funny you fail to point out I have written over a thousand posts over a year and a half, but that doesn't suport your interpretation of who I should be.

You say I am interested in helping the people I now openly despise. Hmm, these are different people, and that is the point you always fail to address. Trolls aren't who I aim to help. If somebody is not going to be open to information and just wants to assert their superiority and be rude, insulting and condescending I would rather not deal with that individual. But you don't make that distinction.

Not everyone is identical. You are acting like everyone is painted with the same brush, but it's not remotely true. Plenty of exes never troll me. But don't let that get in the way of criticizing me.

And as for my poor reasoning, I can only use the faculties I have. And amusingly didn't you earlier say
To the best of my knowledge no one has stated you're not welcome, you can't post, you should go away or written a blog page about you.
Free Being Me

And now you're saying "maybe take a break from the internet" ? Sounds an awful lot like the go away you just said no one's saying ? Aren't you someone ?

Free Being Me

Crusader
Free Being Me ... >snip<
I'm a little burned out participating in the Mockingbird drama hour. Please feel free to see Ex-$cio evil trolls around every corner here at ESMB. Legion X is being held in reserve so be expecting a phalanx of fresh insane trolls soon. It's going to be Halloween soon so I look forward to you blogging about all the sociopathic trolls you'll see coming after you on the 31st. With that said you're overthinking while missing the replying message: Ex's aren't your enemy. That's a simple concept and I wish you well grappling with it.

Lone Star

Crusader
MB I have re-read your blog post on trolls, and I have carefully read your responses to others on this thread. I did note that on your blog post that you stated "only a very, very small few" have trolled you here. So your statement about being trolled isn't all inclusive. You are not painting with a wide brush at all.

I don't know if I truly fit the definition of a troll, but I have been guilty of attacking you and belittling you for your posts in the past. At times I have made erroneous or ignorant statements about your posts without really reading them carefully, or the information that you've supplied. I do apologize.

I had a realization last night that I am a hypocrite. Yesterday I got mad at another poster for doing to me essentially what I myself have done to you. This poster railed at and made false claims against some information that I shared without doing any studying on the matter. I took it personally. I shouldn't have, that's on me. But I was excited about the information and was hoping to generate an interesting discussion, so the ignorant out-of-left-field slam of it really frustrated me. Then it pissed me off. Later I realized, "This must be how MB felt all the times I did this to him."

So, turn-a-bout is fair play I suppose. If I dish it out then I'd better be ready to take it. But, I don't want to do the dishing out anymore. I'm done with all of that nonsense.

Sure many of your posts in the past were too long, in my opinion. Some of your posts weren't interesting to me. But, it's incumbent upon myself to just not read them then. I know that you do what you do out of a generous and helpful heart.

I just wanted you to know this, and again I am sorry.

JustSheila

Crusader
Yeesh! :duh: :eyeroll: Transparent, much? :hysterical: And couldn't even stay away an entire day on the 'long break maybe forever'.

An apology to MB that includes insulting MB and others and kicks up and carries on with the same stupid shit from yesterday.

cleared cannibal

Yeesh! :duh: :eyeroll: Transparent, much? :hysterical: And couldn't even stay away an entire day on the 'long break maybe forever'.

An apology to MB that includes insulting MB and others and kicks up and carries on with the same stupid shit from yesterday.

I think you need to meet him half way.

Sure he's an SOB but like some banana republic dictator he's our SOB.

You know kind of like that crazy uncle that you hate but love down deep.

Lone Star

Crusader
Yes, yesterday was to be my last day before a long break. This morning I decided to make the earlier post to MB. I also found a Cat White article that I posted. So now that's out of the way.

The hated SOB/crazy uncle is truly outta here for a long vacation.

cleared cannibal

Yes, yesterday was to be my last day before a long break. This morning I decided to make the earlier post to MB. I also found a Cat White article that I posted. So now that's out of the way.

The hated SOB/crazy uncle is truly outta here for a long vacation.

Actually I had this as an an addendum to a PM when I decided everyone could benefit, mainly by looking at themselves including yours truely. Nothing personel LS we are all SOB's/ B's at times.

I feel the board has not been following some basic rules lately to some extent.

Gib

Crusader
MB I have re-read your blog post on trolls, and I have carefully read your responses to others on this thread. I did note that on your blog post that you stated "only a very, very small few" have trolled you here. So your statement about being trolled isn't all inclusive. You are not painting with a wide brush at all.

I don't know if I truly fit the definition of a troll, but I have been guilty of attacking you and belittling you for your posts in the past. At times I have made erroneous or ignorant statements about your posts without really reading them carefully, or the information that you've supplied. I do apologize.

I had a realization last night that I am a hypocrite. Yesterday I got mad at another poster for doing to me essentially what I myself have done to you. This poster railed at and made false claims against some information that I shared without doing any studying on the matter. I took it personally. I shouldn't have, that's on me. But I was excited about the information and was hoping to generate an interesting discussion, so the ignorant out-of-left-field slam of it really frustrated me. Then it pissed me off. Later I realized, "This must be how MB felt all the times I did this to him."

So, turn-a-bout is fair play I suppose. If I dish it out then I'd better be ready to take it. But, I don't want to do the dishing out anymore. I'm done with all of that nonsense.

Sure many of your posts in the past were too long, in my opinion. Some of your posts weren't interesting to me. But, it's incumbent upon myself to just not read them then. I know that you do what you do out of a generous and helpful heart.

I just wanted you to know this, and again I am sorry.

Hey Lone Star, you're a man's man. As Harry Callahan said: A man's got to know his limitations

Clint-Eastwood-the%20man%20with%20no%20name.jpg

Long live Texan's :thumbsup:

mockingbird

Well, this is an odd situation. I had Lonestar on add to ignore for...I don't even know how long. In fact I started putting people who leapfrogged his posts to me through theirs on add to ignore, since I felt it was just trolling by proxy.

Then Gib posts an apology from Lonestar !? Now I don't know what to make of that...

Last edited:

Gib

Crusader
Well, this is an odd situation. I had Lonestar on add to ignore for...I don't evwn know how long. In fact I started putting people who leapfrogged his posts to me through theirs on add to ignore, since I felt it was just trolling by proxy.

Then Gib posts an apology from Lonestar !? Now I don't know what to make of that...

It's a wonderful life,

as George says to Burt, now get the out of here or I'll hit you again...........what the sam hell you are yellin about.....about 40 seconds in, we are really all friends who have experienced the cult

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrmUipa1kc4

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Well, this is an odd situation. I had Lonestar on add to ignore for...I don't evwn know how long. In fact I started putting people who leapfrogged his posts to me through theirs on add to ignore, since I felt it was just trolling by proxy.

You could try accepting his apology gracefully?

Or not ... whichever you like.

Free Being Me

Crusader

An Ex quoting someone you don't like is per your ridiculous definition trolling you? WTF? You sure come up with a lot weird reasons why people are out to get you. LS apologized to you however never mind being gracious, it's a dark evil plot to troll you. Report the apology to a Mod before it's too late. :nervous:

Jump

Operating teatime
Well, this is an odd situation. I had Lonestar on add to ignore for...I don't even know how long. In fact I started putting people who leapfrogged his posts to me through theirs on add to ignore, since I felt it was just trolling by proxy.

All I made of it was the incorrect apostrophe :confused2:

:hysterical:

I think it was a mr Hubbard that said people react to ther inferences of things rather than the things themself (so called "dub in")

That's why the use of 'on this planet' and other weighty flim flam was so important - so we could dub in the gravitas to the marshmallow.

Lone Star

Crusader
Well that was a refreshing vacation!

What's that you say? Was supposed to be a long vacation?

It was long.

Huh?

Yes it was!

Look...anything over six hours is long and my vacation was over eighteen hours bitch!

Who am I talking with? You mean you don't hear him? :unsure:

Okay now....to Mr. Mockingbird. Dear, dear Mr. Mockingbird....

Well, this is an odd situation.

Well MB you are an odd situation.

I had Lonestar on add to ignore for...I don't even know how long. In fact I started putting people who leapfrogged his posts to me through theirs on add to ignore, since I felt it was just trolling by proxy.

Trolling by proxy? My god that is rich! My we are impressed with ourselves aren't we? Thinking that people would go to the trouble of trolling you by proxy. :eyeroll: You must have a long ignore list. Lol....

Can't accept or even know what to make of an apology?

Well.....

serveimage

I sincerely withdraw the apology.

Your posts are long winded drivel. You do have a perpetual cobb up yer ass.

Start researching your vast psychological texts for help in overcoming narcissism.

Last edited: