ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Monique reportedly fires her legal team.

Discussion in 'Monique Rathbun' started by George Layton, Feb 1, 2016.

View Users: View Users
  1. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Hilarious!

It reminds me of the ethical paradox involved in litigating vs. the COS.

The litigation typically revolves around Scientology's abuse and fraud, seeking financial damages. This is fully appropriate.

But the paradoxical conundrum enters this way--the plaintive is determined to force the church to cough up money; money which is being regged/donated from COS parishioners.

Putting the magnifying glass to it, we can see an ecosystem where the parishioners are brutally ripped off over decades, after which they blow and sue the church. And the church answers the liability by ripping off even more parishioners, coercing them to write checks to the legal slush fund known as the IAS.

Now, i certainly wish Mosey/Marty get an 8 figure settlement, but how wacky is it when one realizes that the massive payouts & legal fees by the Church don't cost church management even one penny. David Miscavige, the current thug mafia boss of Scientology, never puts a penny of his own money into paying for the devastation he visits upon the innocent. Instead, he further punishes the dumb Scientolgists, who take it like the good masochists they are.

In short, if this was laid out graphically, we'd see money coming directly from Scientology victims bank accounts (the current parishioners) into Marty's/Mosey's bank account. Untouched would be Miscavich and the cults lawyers, both of which profit by tens of millions of dollars while all this litigation is unfolding.

Nobody actually "SEES" the horrific damage done to the Scientologists (financially and otherwise) when they give money to Miscavich to give to the Rathbuns. But for every dollar of the Rathbun's "win" and "gain" there is commensurate loss to another unfortunate victim/party.

It's not a moral equivalency, however, because the Scientologists that are funding the COS (Crimewave of Scientology) are culpable for their complicity & support of the cruel hoax that is Scientology. Even if they are, themselves, the unknowing victims of the scam. Because, stupidity is not an excuse in the year 2016 when all a person has to do is Google Scientology and spend a few minutes reading the voluminous and nightmarish search results headings. If someone chooses "not to know" then it is their responsibility for what ensues.

Likewise, brainwashing is not a viable excuse either. If that were true, there would be no laws to prevent other forms of "intoxication" by Nazi Koolaid or simple drunk driving. Nobody was "forced" to join Scientology, save those persons born into or raised in a Scn family before they came of age. For those victims, we can waive all penalties as a gentle nod to decency and compassion towards children.

I suppose all things considered, levying financial punishment vs. Scientology parishioners (e.g. making them pay the hundreds of millions of litigation costs their church leader incurs due to Hubbard's and his (COB) sociopathy) is probably quite appropriate. Those Scientologists (donors) end (largely) in complete financial ruin and the money goes to those who blew the whistle on Scientology. Fair is fair!

I wonder if plaintives who win the Scn litigation lottery (Wollersheim, Debbie Cook, et al) would buy the things they buy (with their winnings) if their car, home and other expensive purchases required that they be emblazoned with a sign that said: (example on the doors of that Ferrari)-- "THIS CAR PURCHASED BY SCIENTOLOGISTS SO THAT THE DRIVER WOULD STOP TELLING THEIR DARK & AWFUL SECRETS".

It kind of kills the fun buzz of driving a new Ferrari if you have to reveal how you got the car. LOL

2. dchoiceisalwaysrs

dchoiceisalwaysrs Gold Meritorious Patron

The evidence would then tend to support that the fuming has led to some aged and cured tasty thoughts well served. Converting peanuts into cinnamon and honey seasoned carrots is quite a feat. Always looking forward to what you do serve up. :thumbsup:

3. ILove2Lurk

ILove2Lurk Lisbeth Salander

HH, you and I are so like minded it's scary. :yes:

I had the same thoughts all day but decided shoops
    were easier than writing.

Like for a lot of situations in life, we could say this about
    the "Scientology litigation lottery" . . . it's complicated. :whistling:

$5,000,000 =
    250 parishioners @ $20,000 each
    on credit cards and/or 2nd mortgages

What a crowd of 250 parishioners looks like

250crowd.jpg
    Just keepin' it real. :wink2:

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  4. afaceinthecrowd

afaceinthecrowd Gold Meritorious Patron

Jeezuss H Key Riced.:ohmy::melodramatic::hifive:

Whadda Holy Effen Ess Fabulous, ACCURATE & BRILLIANT Post, Double H!!! :thumbsup::clap::hattip:

5. afaceinthecrowd

afaceinthecrowd Gold Meritorious Patron

IMHO, your periodic shoops are some of the very bestest Stuff that goes up on this Board.:yes::thumbsup::clap:

Youz and Double H are two VERY scary characters, indeed. :nailbiting::bwahaha::clapping:

6. TheOriginalBigBlue

TheOriginalBigBlue Gold Meritorious Patron

$5,000,000.00 is enough to feed 1370 Sea Org members for a year on $10.00 per day.

$5,000,000.00 is enough to pay 1923 Sea Org members $50.00 per week for a year.

OR

To make up the loss of $5,000,000.00 the weekly pay of 4000 Sea Org members could be reduced by $24.04 for a year.

"Just keepin' it real"

7. HelluvaHoax!

LOLOLOLOL

That kind of brings it down to alarmingly simple terms! :giggle:

Especially when every single person in this
    Donor's "muster" is thinking the identical thought. . .

[​IMG]

" I DONATED $20,000
    SO HELL-YEAH
    I'M A FRICKIN' HUMANITARIAN!"

[cut to montage from short film "WHAT YOUR FEES BUY!"]
    Scene opens with Marty cruising his Ferrari down the
    Vegas strip at night, waving his diamond-ring encrusted
    hand to all the admiring hookers and pimps. Then
    Marty spots COB cruising the opposite direction
    in a white Bentley convertible. The traffic is
    so backed up they stop virtually
    next to one another--and then
    simultaneously both flash a big
    dial-wide grin at each other
    exposing gleaming
    gold grills.]

[yeah, okay. So I know I'm so going to hell for that post.....so what? lol]

Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
  8. programmer_guy

programmer_guy True Ex-Scientologist

I hope that they get a huge pay-off/settlement even if that means that they have to shut-up. :)
    They deserve it.

But I guess they could then move to Canada if they don't want to shut-up. :coolwink:

9. George Layton

George Layton Silver Meritorious Patron

Are there 4000 Sea Org members left?

10. WildKat

WildKat Gold Meritorious Patron

You'll only go to hell for the typo "dial-dide"

:biggrin:

11. HelluvaHoax!

HAHAHAHAHAHA !!

Thanks, I was able to correct it before time ran out. Yay!

I always hate it when word processing software starts to AutoConnect.

:giggle:

12. WildKat

WildKat Gold Meritorious Patron

Lol! My "AutoConnect" changed dide to died just now. Didn't know dide was actually a word

13. Gizmo

Gizmo Rabble Rouser

At first glance, Marty in a new Ferrari makes me cringe, but, on second thought it is giggle worthy.

More than a few people with new found cash run out and buy a Ferrari. They don't know, for instance, a 20 thousand mile check was $22,500 even 10 years ago.

The expenses are just so stunningly expensive to keeping a Ferrari driveable that forces lots of low mileage Ferraris on the market cheap.

But, hey, they look so damn good in the driveway !

Oh, wait a minute, maybe old Marty just " earned " well over $ 10,000,000 for throwing his wife way up under the bus to please his old pal ? That, or, accept he really is very stupid.

14. TheOriginalBigBlue

That's a great question. I honestly have no idea - been out of the loop too long. Here is a wild guess. I have absolutely no basis for these figures:

Flag 500
    Saint Hill 200
    INT 300
    AOLA 150
    ASHO 150
    Celebrity Center LA 100
    PAC - Misc. (FOLO, In Comm, Estates, etc.) 200
    Other countries 300
    Total 1900

I have seen totals mentioned between 2500 to 6000. I think 6000 is not realistic, at least not currently. I used 4000 because it didn’t seem to overstate or understate. I do think 2500 is possible.

It may be that there is an unlimited supply of people who are willing to join up on R-1 Visas if it means getting to come to the US or leave where they are regardless of the conditions, but somehow I doubt the church would want to invest much in them in the way of auditor or administrative training if the visa arrangement is unreliable. An army of security guards and hotel maids does not an SO make. Trust has always been the big limiting factor. They need people that can be trusted with the secrets who can work in Finance, Legal and PR. Then they need people they can trust in middle management who don’t question the insanity. Then they need people who can deliver the tech without doubting its validity. It is probably relatively easy to load up the lower end but the upper end must be getting lonely.

I like this line of thinking that translates settlement payouts into a form of subsidy by the public or staff. By definition, to be a Scientologist one must support this in principle because it is the nature of the beast - an accountant would call it "a cost of doing business".

I also think these settlements are most excellent! The formula seems to have solidified into the church trying to burn up the opponent's resources both emotionally and logistically but by the time they have achieved this the cost of further exposure and loss is too great to proceed to jury. Death by a thousand settlements.

15. Gizmo

Gizmo Rabble Rouser

No sane person would argue that the SO is even a shadow of what it once was.

Soon the once mighty SO won't even be able to afford the clean up of their illegal oil dumping in Bonaire.

I will so celebrate when those bastards are dead broke & tiny weenie davie is put in a mental institution for a lifetime of proper psychiatric treatment.

16. Gizmo

Gizmo Rabble Rouser

Nope.

Fantasy still doesn't count outside the SO.

17. TheOriginalBigBlue

One could argue that he already is.

Remember this?

Le Roi de coeur = King of hearts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYSXbB1IM6A

18. HelluvaHoax!

Actually there are now more than 25,000 active Sea Org members.

I was able to snap this photo just this
    morning of the S.O. parking lot when they
    all gathered for morning muster and roll call.

[​IMG]

The cheering inside the muster was incredibly loud
    and joyous, so I peeked inside to see what was happening.
    It turns out that there were "NO REPORTED BLOWS" today.
    And, exactly like you might expect of full-blown OTs,
    everyone was able to successfully postulate a parking space.

19. Mick Wenlock

Mick Wenlock Admin Emeritus (retired)

It is hard to estimate I agree.

If I may add somethings to your list

Flag 500 I would estimate it closer to a thousand
    Saint Hill 200
    INT 300
    AOLA 150
    ASHO 150
    LA Org 100
    Celebrity Center LA 100
    PAC - Misc. (FOLO, In Comm, Estates, etc. also CMO PAC Bridge Pubs,OSA Int ) 200
    Other countries 300
    I think this category may be higher too:

CLO EU - 150
    AOSH EU - 150
    NEP - 50

No idea for the size of these orgs:

Freewinds

CLO ANZO
    AOSH ANZO

CLO AF

CLO EUS

CLO Italy (if it still exists)

CLO Russia (it it still exists)

CLO LATAM

CLO Canada

My guess would be between 2,500 and 3,000.

what would be interesting would be to figure out what the ratio of SO to The Rest is and whether that ratio is showing that more of the "staff" are SO.

20. Mick Wenlock

Mick Wenlock Admin Emeritus (retired)

I would not be surprised if the SO were bigger than it was.