ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Monique's Lawsuit

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Lohan2008, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Lohan2008

Lohan2008 Gold Meritorious Patron

How long can Cof$ lawyers keep filing motions ? Is there a date by which the judge has to hand down a ruling ??

2. Lone Star

Lone Star Crusader

With all due respect there are already several Monique Lawsuit threads. Another one will probably confuse some.

As to your question, the Judge has to rule on the Anti-SLAPP motion by February 16th at the latest.

Yes CoS lawyers can keep filing motions, but the Judge can also refuse to hear them if he thinks they're repititive. Yesterday Lamont Jefferson said he's filing a motion regarding the deposition of Slappy. The Judge said unless there's anything new in it then it's denied, or something to that effect. He definitely shot LJ down. LOL.....

3. The Sloth

The Sloth Patron with Honors

I think it is time to revisit a CLASSIC moment in the history of ARS:

(from http://www.jeliza.net/parody/pirates/i-am-the-very-model-of-a-modern-legal-criminal/)

4. Lohan2008

Lohan2008 Gold Meritorious Patron

I asked because following the case is EXTREMELY convoluted :confused2: Thanks for letting me know this will go on for awhile...

5. Lermanet_com

Lermanet_com Gold Meritorious Patron

When they run out of color-of-law motions to file.

also See this post of mine LINK

I wouldn't be surprised if they file something under The Religious freedom Restoration Act... < which they did in McPherson...

Their last ditch effort will likely be to try to remove the Judge as "biased"... < they have done this before also