ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Montreal and Vancouver Picket Scientology in Canada

Discussion in 'North America Pickets and Protests' started by Anonycat, Apr 21, 2013.

View Users: View Users
  1. Anonycat

Anonycat Crusader

Montreal and Vancouver Anonymous protesters gathered in front of Canada Scientology buildings today to inform the public of the cult's ongoing human rights abuses and crimes.

For several years, the collective Anonymous group, and other Canadian citizens have gathered each month at Scientology entities across Canada to educate the public.

Holding up picket signs, protesters also hope to lure 'on the fence' Scientology members out of the cult.

WireService.ca Press Release - 04/20/2013 - On June 25, 1992, seven members were convicted for operations against the Ontario Provincial Police, the Ontario Ministry of the Attorney General and the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP). The Church of Scientology itself was convicted on two counts of breach of the public trust: infiltration of the offices of the Ontario Provincial Police and the Ontario Ministry of the Attorney General. The Church of Scientology was ordered to pay a $250,000 fine.

The Church of Scientology became the only Canadian religious organization to be convicted for breaching the public -- the Church of Scientology is not officially recognised by the Canadian Government as a religion.

Although Scientology has opened a couple new ‘Ideal ORG’ churches in Quebec City and Cambridge, Ontario, over the past few years, membership is crashing fast. Other so-called ‘church’ buildings in Montreal, Toronto, and Vancouver, are crumbling from neglect.

The downtown Toronto church building sits empty—an aging structure waiting for much needed renovations.

Full article: http://www.wireservice.ca/index.php?module=News&func=display&sid=10180

2. Free Being Me

Free Being Me Crusader

3. NoName

NoName A Girl Has No Name

Can we get pictures of Idle Morgues that are crumbling?

Out of curiosity, would anyone be willing to start a thread on crumbling cult real estate? Like the stuff where I am is all pretty nice looking, but I don't think we've gone Ideal yet. Or maybe we have and they're hitting us up to go Ideal again, as has happened elsewhere. Some of the pictures I've seen on ESMB are real shitholes, so I think it would be nice for people like me who live in a place with nice-ish looking cult bunkers to see the overall picture.

4. PTS

PTS Elliott

A most excellent news item.

Vanonymous had competition today from 420 and Fan Expo so our numbers were a little down. Still it was a great deal of fun and there was more than a usual amount of traffic both on the street and on the sidewalk. Gerry stood in front of the org and shouted like a carnival barker to "come on into the church of scamitology." It was hilarious :D

Something I have never seen before in my short time with Vanonymous is young children going into the Vancouver Org. I noticed that twice today, one child couldn't have been more than eight or so. It chilled me right to my bones. I nearly burst into tears at the sight. The kids are another big reason why I protest.

Goddam am I *really* that fat?
    Fuck no more candy for me.

5. Anonycat

Anonycat Crusader

It tears me up to see kids dragged into it too - hugs. Nice to see you around! :)

6. Free Being Me

Free Being Me Crusader

Thank you Anon's for staying on target! :cheers:

7. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

Thank you all... So appreciated!!
    [​IMG]

8. apple

apple Patron Meritorious

It surprises me that Vancouver people are still involved in Scientology. I know that it is too big of a building for the activity that they have in it. I wonder how many people are on staff in Vancouver? The cost of living is very high in Vancouver, how could anybody afford the luxury of the high cost of Scientology on top of that? If Scientology Vancouver rents the building from the Sea Org they must be behind with their rent. I cannot see them being able to afford to pay for the utilities and property taxes by themselves, they must be running into the red. The building is in a high-end location, hopefully some ethical business could take it over to enhance the community, perhaps some condos, retail, restaurants and low income housing. That may be the next step for Scientology, to remake their buildings into liveable commercial ventures.

9. PTS

PTS Elliott

http://youtu.be/7NKvvrWQcNE
    I walked to the corner of the building yesterday, it was unchanged from the video, although there is scaffold erected about halfway up on the Homer St side. Still just caution barriers at the back.

I also recall seeing a general topic ages ago on the (crumbling) state of cult buildings on OCMB (I think?) but I cannot find it today. A new topic would be ever so lulzy.

How does anyone afford Scamitology? Savings, then investments, second mortgages, then credit cards, then maybe other loans, then broke, then staff, then fucked sideways, unless they have a good healthy six figure annual income, then it just *might* be affordable, if they settle for a 3 Series.

I'd like to know more about the financial realities of Scamitology Vancouver too. None of the people I've seen going in look truly upstat. Even the odd one in a suit looks rumpled, the jacket ill-fitting. The cult has been in the same location since the 70's so I'd guess they own the building by now?

Finally, Gerry did not once refer to a "Church of Scamitology" yesterday, he merely called it "Scamitology." I regret misquoting him.

10. apple

apple Patron Meritorious

From what Ive seen, Scientology in Vancouver had many good people but very few "upstat" people with loads of money. Before they located downtown they used to vacate a small building on Main and 25th I think, they were a Mission. There used to be a chinese restaurant next door and a KFC not far from there, a few small chinese grocery stores nearby and a school across the street. Sometimes the building was too small for all the people who attended it. I doubt that Scientology Vancouver could buy the building that they are now in. It had to be the Sea Org, they had the money. The Mission on 4th and Georgia (not sure) was much more upstat and they payed their auditors and staff. The Mission on Main Street became an Org and screwed the Mission on 4th. There were always hard feelings and tensions between the Mission and the Scientology Org. There was always a shortage of money for Scientology Vancouver. It didnt go to wages or repairs thats for sure and it didnt go for toilet paper. It must have went to Hubbard. I think it was in the 80s when it moved to their present location, Im not sure, by then they didnt have the clients or the money flow as before.

11. PTS

PTS Elliott

Not so upstat...
    Here's a couple of snaps of the Vancouver cult building today, nothing much changed since last December.

Attached Files:

12. Ogsonofgroo

Ogsonofgroo Crusader

:cheers: Thanks for the update! I find it hard to believe that such up-stat and flourishing folk, who have the abilities to do anything, I mean anything!, can let their properties degrade so much, and for really simple things like replacing a bunch of bricks... FFS you Org guys, nobody ever showed you how to look stuff up? Go to the library and get a How-to maunual?
    But then I thought.... (me thinkin')>>> *Why, what a brilliant way to get people in and practice your VM made touch skills at the same time! Let the bricks fall!