What's new

Mosey sues cult for harrassment

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
And Texans especially don't take crap off of queer yankee militant midget shysters who have not got the cojones to come out of the costumes and shadows...yes I'm talking about the strange dwarf and his carpetbaggers. :biggrin:

Get out the tar and feathers...:omg:

Now, where's that rail...:thumbsup:

:hysterical:

A Yankee Demonic LaLa Land Cult Leader spending a small fortune stalking and harassing a Law Abiding, Hard Working, Native Texan Gal who was never in the Cult, in the Heart of Texas, 20 miles as the Crow Flies from the Alamo. Now, I ask you OSA, "How could this possibly ever go wrong?":confused2::duh:

Face:)

Last edited:

AnonKat

Crusader
Scientology's 'Squirrel Busters' prompt lawsuit
By John MacCormack : August 22, 2013

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/lo...s-Squirrel-Busters-prompt-lawsuit-4753179.php

BULVERDE — Beginning in 2011, a defector from the top ranks of Scientology said he was followed, confronted and surveiled at his Gulf Coast apartment by a group of men and women who called themselves “Squirrel Busters” and sought to expose him as a heretic.

Finally, Mark Rathbun and his wife, Monique, had enough and moved late last year to a secluded house north of San Antonio. Rathbun also distanced himself from church affairs, and for a while, it seemed their tormenters had called it quits.

AnonKat

Crusader
In Texas lawsuit, judge orders Scientology and its leader to stop harassment

In Texas lawsuit, judge orders Scientology and its leader to stop harassment

http://lifetimes.tampabay.com/news/...ogy-and-its-leader-to-stop-harassment/2137671

A Texas judge has issued a temporary restraining order against Church of Scientology leader David Miscavige, two church entities and two men alleged to be church operatives — part of a lawsuit that contends they have waged a campaign of surveillance, dirty tricks, intimidation and harassment against the wife of a church critic.

Monique Rathbun, 41, filed the lawsuit last week in Comal County, Texas, near San Antonio. She is married to Marty Rathbun, a former church executive who once worked at Miscavige's side but since 2009 has been a high-profile critic of the leader.

Her complaint says she is not a Scientologist, has never attacked the church and her only involvement is being married to a once-prominent church member.

attachment.php

Church spokeswoman Karin Pouw said Wednesday that the church had not been served with the suit. But she added: "Based on your questions, the complaint filed in Texas is nothing more than a pathetic get-rich scheme cooked up by unemployed blogger Marty Rathbun, a self-admitted suborner of perjury who is now resorting to using his wife in an attempt to extort money from the church."

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
QFT. :thumbsup:

This is definitely going to be interesting. Rural Texans are particularly protective of privacy and the right to own and enjoy their property and homestead unfettered. The fact that a LaLa Cult has been "stalking" a Texan from one property to the next is gonna really piss off any Jury assembled anywhere and Texas, especially a Rural Jury. :yes:

It's gonna cost DM a boatload of dough to get out of this one without been Deposed and going to Trial. :happydance:

The stickiest point that I haven't yet figured out is how the parties are going to resolve the confidentiality covenants of the Settlement Agreement, because I assume that this never, ever goes to trial.

Obviously, COB and COS can't afford to let this kind of PR disaster go to trial--but that didn't stop them in the Debbie Cook meltdown from literally forcing her in open court to testify about the corporal punishment and psychological terrorism she suffered at the hands of David Miscavige. Once the cult had taken a bad situation with Cook and made it infinitely worse, they scurried off and threw a ton of money at Cook to make her STFU.

So, now the COS is going through its obligatory stamping-and-threatening stage that it always goes through. But how does the terror cult "settle" with Mosey if it she isn't willing to sign a global non-diclsosure agreement? I mean, wouldn't Marty lose face if she signed one of those after all the chest pounding he has done the past 4-5 years about how he would never take a cent of the cult's blood money and "compromise his reality" by being bought off?

Ever since I read the complaint, I assumed that this was probably a $4M-$5M settlement payout waiting to happen. The COS is likely to pay out a comparable amount dragging it through the courts (while the media and their worldwide viewership literally feast on the ludicrous public spectacle of a vengeful alien-fearing cult attacking an innocent African American woman with head-cammed zombies).

So after this all plays out with hilarious entertainment value, how does Mosey ultimately ever bank the money without first signing one of the Church's infamous Orwellian NDAs? That is what I haven't been able to figure out yet.

Does she sign it while Marty spins the compromise as something clever and noble?

As long as we all iz speculatin', what's your crystal ball sayin'? LOL

TG1

Angelic Poster
Hey, HH.

My take on it is that I think she'll push all the way for a trial. My take is that Mosey is pissed and Marty is bored.

I'm with Face -- this is gonna be a reckoning.

In any civil trial there's a mandatory settlement negotiation.

The sticking point will be is that Mosey won't sign a fucking thing.

She will want them to sign everything, admit to everything.

They won't sign.

It'll go to trial.

It'll be HBO-worthy.

My two cents' worth.

TG1

P.S. It will take several years. The motions alone will fill filing cabinets.

Axiom142

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well, if we is jus speculatin’ – here’s my 2 units of the minimum unit of currency on the matter.

The cult absolutely cannot let this go to trial, for several reasons. Mainly because Miscavige has been named in the complaint. He will never, ever take the stand in open court and risk being asked some awkward questions where he has the stark choice of either admitting to some despicable acts which would risk alienating the tiny minority people on this planet who think he is a human being or committing perjury and thus spending the rest of his days in a paranoid funk waiting for the consequences to catch up with him.

Another reason would be widespread damage to what is left of the cult’s reputation (I know, I know it’s difficult to believe that they have any repute left, but remember not everyone bothers to actually research the cult before attending one of their flash fundraisers etc) by having all the sordid details play out in court in front of a voracious media. Think the Debbie Cook fiasco times 10.

Now, the cult has a very difficult decision to make – do they employ their usual tricks of harassment against someone who will be well-prepared, well-supported and expecting it and risk providing even more ammunition for the law suit or do they just employ the usual legal stalling tactics and play for time? I don’t think that Monique is going to just give up. If they try to get at her through her family or friends it will backfire very badly.

So, assuming that Monique is going to see it through, I don’t think that the cult will want it dragging on for years. I’m sure Ray Jeffrey will look to depose Miscavige and some of his top henchmen and again they won’t want that to happen.

Surely they will try to settle? Couple of mill sound about right? Is there any reason why Monique will have to sign a gagging order? Or if she does, will it matter? The facts of the case will have already come out and everyone will know what happened. Marty and Monique will move to a luxury waterfront condo but they won’t have to stop being a thorn in Miscavige’s butt.

Then again, I suppose we all have our price. If the cult offered say, £10M would they quietly slip away to a comfortable little island in the Caribbean and never be heard from again?

Personally I don’t care what they do as long as they establish a precedent for suing the cult and winning.

Axiom142

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well, if we is jus speculatin’ – here’s my 2 units of the minimum unit of currency on the matter.

The cult absolutely cannot let this go to trial, for several reasons. Mainly because Miscavige has been named in the complaint. He will never, ever take the stand in open court and risk being asked some awkward questions where he has the stark choice of either admitting to some despicable acts which would risk alienating the tiny minority people on this planet who think he is a human being or committing perjury and thus spending the rest of his days in a paranoid funk waiting for the consequences to catch up with him.

Another reason would be widespread damage to what is left of the cult’s reputation (I know, I know it’s difficult to believe that they have any repute left, but remember not everyone bothers to actually research the cult before attending one of their flash fundraisers etc) by having all the sordid details play out in court in front of a voracious media. Think the Debbie Cook fiasco times 10.

Now, the cult has a very difficult decision to make – do they employ their usual tricks of harassment against someone who will be well-prepared, well-supported and expecting it and risk providing even more ammunition for the law suit or do they just employ the usual legal stalling tactics and play for time? I don’t think that Monique is going to just give up. If they try to get at her through her family or friends it will backfire very badly.

So, assuming that Monique is going to see it through, I don’t think that the cult will want it dragging on for years. I’m sure Ray Jeffrey will look to depose Miscavige and some of his top henchmen and again they won’t want that to happen.

Surely they will try to settle? Couple of mill sound about right? Is there any reason why Monique will have to sign a gagging order? Or if she does, will it matter? The facts of the case will have already come out and everyone will know what happened. Marty and Monique will move to a luxury waterfront condo but they won’t have to stop being a thorn in Miscavige’s butt.

Then again, I suppose we all have our price. If the cult offered say, £10M would they quietly slip away to a comfortable little island in the Caribbean and never be heard from again?

Personally I don’t care what they do as long as they establish a precedent for suing the cult and winning.

Axiom142

What happens if the Rathbuns refuse any sort of settlement? Just askin, anybody know?

TG1

Angelic Poster
Here's where we need an actual lawyer.

BTW, Gaddy ... I think this is worth a helluva lot more than $2 mill to Miscavige / the cult.

Add a digit.

TG1

secretiveoldfag

Silver Meritorious Patron
I love the girl but how does she define 'Scientologist', as in 'I am not a Scientologist'?

Do I not remember not so long ago reading a Success Report (is that what it is called?) about how great her recent achievements with Scientology auditing had been?

And has anybody ordered the POPCORN?

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
It's not about collecting - it is about putting a head on a pike. But, economically, you are likely right - go for the deepest wallets. Why spend coin harassing the small fry? Mimsey

First you have to prove that the individuals did something wrong. Then you have to show that they were acting as agents for Scn. THEN you can go after Scn $$$.

Terril park

Sponsor

Axiom142

They have no leverage against Monique. My guess is that they'll settle and Monique won't be gagged.

Her affidavits and Marty's blog have already told all. Or mostly all.

xemnu

Patron with Honors
Keep in mind that the worst thing in the universe for the Scienos is a squirrel, "those evil people who try to apply Hubbard's drivel outside the church."
Has the church ever settled with a squirrel before? If the Rathbuns can have the chruch eat that crow, that will be an awesome win.

TG1

Angelic Poster
I love the girl but how does she define 'Scientologist', as in 'I am not a Scientologist'?

Do I not remember not so long ago reading a Success Report (is that what it is called?) about how great her recent achievements with Scientology auditing had been?

It's certainly true (and undisputed) that she's never been a member of the Church of Scientology.

I think it would tie the Church of Scientology up in legal knots to argue that she WAS a Scientologist (meaning an "Independent Scientologist") if she wanted to say she wasn't a Scientologist.

After all -- what're all those intellectual property agreements the cult has been warring about for years, all those Scientology (tm) trademarks they say that nobody but the cult can use? That logical / legal paradox of the "we do/we don't" argument would make their lawyers' heads spin around and around.

And what if someone does get auditing and "go clear." Does that mean they are automatically "a Scientologist"? Did Mosey ever actually say before that she was a Scientologist -- or just that she had enjoyed the auditing that she received. Seems to me we're back where we started -- the Church trying to insist she's something they heretofore might have sued her for trying to claim that she was.

TG1

Terril park

Sponsor

Their are various policies that frown strongly on auditing from squirrels, and if the field auditor
is not a member of ihelp and not in good standing per COS policy this is not OK with CO$ and is not scientology.

Thus squirrel busters!

QED.

Thus Tubular Bells

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8l5fthffiE

HelluvaHoax!

Hey, HH.

My take on it is that I think she'll push all the way for a trial. My take is that Mosey is pissed and Marty is bored.

I'm with Face -- this is gonna be a reckoning.

In any civil trial there's a mandatory settlement negotiation.

The sticking point will be is that Mosey won't sign a fucking thing.

She will want them to sign everything, admit to everything.

They won't sign.

It'll go to trial.

It'll be HBO-worthy.

My two cents' worth.

TG1

P.S. It will take several years. The motions alone will fill filing cabinets.

Courtesy of Scientology, a new genre of TV programming is born, un-REALITY-TV.

Preview of upcoming episodes on the "MOSEY PUNKS DAVE SHOW":

* The IAS will start giving "Confidential VIP Briefings" about the lawsuit. Many more Scientologists will elevate their status to become "Humanitarians" by giving loads of hard cash to continue harassing & terrorizing Mosey--but in a "humanitarian" way.

* Plaintive's subpoena compelling SquirrelBuster John Allender & PI Dave Lubow to testify vs. COB will not result in their appearances in pre-trial discovery depositions because process servers will not be able to locate them. Later it will come out that both died in freak hunting accidents while vacationing with COB.

* After more than a dozen ex-Int staff members testify in open court that Miscavige hated black people and had a decades long history of hurling countless racial epithets using the word n*gg*r, COS lawyers will call OT Michael Roberts to the witness stand to impeach that testimony. Roberts will then swear under oath that COB always treated him very kindly, like a family member, and even recently invited him to go hunting together.​

mclovin

Patron
Y'all a very kind. :yes:

I'm a hit and miss prognosticator and not all that much prescient about a lot of stuff, but somethings I do know pretty dad gum well, like;

Scn's blind hubris

SO's inculcated hubris

DM's psychotic hubris

Texan ways of doing things

Texan rural mindset and values

Texan home grown Counselors of the Law

As I've said before, Texas is gonna be DM's personal San Jacinto and the "ransom" is already being paid in installments....big installments...painful installments. :coolwink:

Face...

After going back and reading your prior prognostications, you called this one a mile away (several miles actually!).

Take credit where credit is due... you is one fine prognosticator... top hand in this here rodeo! :clap:

McLovin

HelluvaHoax!

What happens if the Rathbuns refuse any sort of settlement? Just askin, anybody know?

Then it goes to trial and. . .

Cult loses.

Cult appeals.

Cult pays.

Cult spins loss as huge win.

Cult members F/N.

World points finger and laughs.

Cult shrinks.

TG1

Angelic Poster
HH -- spewing the evening cocktail all over my computer screen right now. (Does "HH" also stand for Humanitarian Harassment?)

McLovin - yes, Face is a fine prognosticator, because he has been paying very close attention to important stuff for a very long time. BTW, welcome to ESMB. :)

TG1