What's new

Mother's Day

Nona

Patron
Mother's Day in the UK and Ireland is March 2nd this year. In America, Canada and a lot of places it's in May which is far away. I think this is the year that disconnected mothers everywhere should head to their children and tell them they miss them, if at all possible. Some form of contact that says they miss them.

How viable would a plan like that be?

johnAnchovie

Still raging
Beautiful

That is a great concept, it would be difficult for an SP type, like most of us here, to gain access, but maybe handing out mothers day cards to the Scn people with a little message of hope?

J.

Nona

Patron
Yeah, reminding them that the love is still there and all that. That's an excellent addition!

All I really know of disconnection is say, on the bbc documentary with the interview of the mother. That she was told not to meet,email or phone. Is there a method of blocking the calls/emails when this takes place? Because even an email saying happy mothers day - from the mothers only - would be something. No outside spamming, just a family communication.

johnAnchovie

Still raging
They are often...

If the child is in the Sea Org, then they are not allowed access to the internet and all snail-mail is opened by the 'Hubbard Communications Office' - policing branch -before it gets to the recipient. Wonderful isn't it?, nor do they watch TV, and rarely newspapers. For people in the 'orgs' it is still restricted, but more possible. Snail mail is oopened by the policing branch, and there is no access to email in the building.

The effects of all the media attention will get some people to look. It would be nice if they found a communication like that.

The biggest difficulty is the Sea Org, that is so controlled, and it holds all the power, it wuld be like trying to get a love letter to someone in a prison camp in North Korea, impossible.

if the Sea Organisation collapsed tomorrow, then Scientology would break up and a new day would dawn. But I don't see the them collapsing, it is worth too much money and has too many criminal activities hidden away, acts that some senior executives would go to prison for.

The protests will shake up Scientology, but will not change it because of the Sea Organisation, it that - the controling body - that has to be targeted next, and that will need to be a very, very well thought out campaign.

In the mean time, you are so very appreciated, just being there, just caring and just talking to people about what you have seen. Thank you so much.

JA

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Send a card expressing your love.

Isn't it a felony in the US for someone in the CofS to stop its delivery to the intended recipient?

Paul

Nona

Patron
Good point Paul, but isn't it breaking the law to make someone work 7 days a week too?

Still yes, just an "I love you, son/daughter" on a mother's day card or similar may have a chance of seeping through, unless they tick off the SP list every time they trawl through snail mail?

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
Good point Paul, but isn't it breaking the law to make someone work 7 days a week too?

Still yes, just an "I love you, son/daughter" on a mother's day card or similar may have a chance of seeping through, unless they tick off the SP list every time they trawl through snail mail?

As hard as it may be to believe, it is more complicated than that.

Those on staff actually believe in what they are doing. If anyone went to ask if they are doing anything against their will, the answer would be "no". That 7th day is totally voluntary (but dont dare try to take it off without permission, because in the church you will get in a LOT of trouble for that). If asked, any member would say that they were volunteering.

And the letters? They are all opened before going to the recipient. Always. Not neccesarily all read. They are supposed to, but I am not 100% sure they do that. They watch for letters that are odd or suspicious and send to the "ethics officer" and in question.

But even if an innocent letter gets through to the person, if that person knows it is not supposed to be there, they will report themselves to the "ethics officer" to get handling.

They are very brainwashed, to the core.

But there is no harm in sending love to family members. Maybe persistence would pay off.

----

My mother being one of them.

I called and left a message for her, and my phone number. She never returned my call. I dont think she ever will.

Alan

Gold Meritorious Patron
Bea send her anonymous "I Love you Mom!" cards - send one every week.

Don't sign it.

No return address.

:biglove: