ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

My 1st post

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Catherine, Apr 14, 2018.

View Users: View Users
  1. FoTi

FoTi Crusader

Catherine.....I'm curious....

What did you set out to do here and what have you accomplished? :scratch:

So far, I haven't been able to see what secrets you have knowledge of....what are these secrets you speak of? :confused:

It seems to me that if you really do have any secrets, you have managed to keep them a secret. :blink:

So far, from what you have written in this thread, I see no reason why Scientology would have any interest in you at all.

In what other areas will you be discussing what you know, if in fact you really do know anything worth revealing?

Well, anyway.....I hope you resolve your issues, whatever they are.

Peace be with you Catherine.

Type4_PTS likes this.
  2. Swundel

Swundel Patron

I thought I'd add my two cents here, since Catherine's writing seems all too familiar.
    For background, a member of my extended family is heavily schitzophrenic (as in, forcibly institutionalised for several years) and regularly contacts others with similar conspiracies - one learns to derive a certain entertainment from them, I suppose, if treated as plots for surrealist thrillers.

Catherine very clearly has become quite involved in the paranormal community. This alone will naturally make anyone sound a bit mad, but it is specifically the connection with Scientology and the feeling of being personally targeted that work as red flags.

There's also a.. certain way the sentences are constructed, the very 'stream of thought' nature of it, that to me signals that the specific version of the conspiracy is being created on the fly, though it very clearly is being frequently thought about.

I very much doubt we'll be hearing from her again - if my hunch is right, she picks up a conspiracy for a week or two and then forgets all about it.

Nonetheless, the point I'd like to make is to try to be a little gentler with the evidently unstable. Schitzophrenic is associated with traumatic events (those pesky engrams :p), such as childhood sexual abuse, and I do think a certain respect would be good to maintain.

From having spent much time on the phone with my relative, a general strategy I'd suggest is to earnestly engage with the present conspiracy, challenging it within its own framework. Don't get too caught up with reality and suspend your disbelief when it comes to the premises. The chances are most logical challenges are simply tossed aside, but sometimes there's a response. Treat it as a surrealist thriller, and there's even scope to enjoy the experience. If ypu want to be more altruistic, it is possible to some extent try to make the conspiracy seem a little less directly threatening or develop it otherwise in a positive direction.

More than that, I hope this message may give some insight to people lurking in old threads and being astonished by what they just witnessed :D

3. Swundel

Swundel Patron

Actually, I just remembered that this relative of mind had a brief involvement in Scientology some years ago. They tossed her out after finding her a little too much to deal with. :D

4. phenomanon

phenomanon Canyon

well,hell! I been on this board for years, and I can't post a fooking picture. Unless it's my Avatar. :laugh:

5. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

George, I don't have an answer for this. guano

6. lotus

lotus stubborn rebel sheep!

Ditto

Lotus