ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Featured My bridge to OTVII

Discussion in 'Stories From Inside Scientology' started by Feral, Sep 8, 2008.

View Users: View Users
  1. Feral

Feral Rogue male

Thank you GLH,

I wrote this story to share the mainly suppressed experiences of my bridge with any one who might be interested.

As an "OT" I was never able to give a whole or unedited account of the events which dominated my Scientology experience.

I hope it helps people to put the CofS into a balanced and accurate light.

2. Emma

Emma Con te partirĂ² Administrator

Bump for new readers.

3. jinosbrovens

jinosbrovens New Member

I do have sympathy for retards of that sort. Along with revulsion, frustration, annoyance.I tend to have a little more sympathy for the poor jerks that got stuck with living in the retards environment.

4. Babycakes

Babycakes Patron

Just finished reading the whole thread

Dear Feral and Mrs. Pattycake,

What an amazing story! What a truly screwed up mess scientology is -- and it had such potential, right?

Thank you for writing it, posting it, but most of all, thank you for getting out of that mess and making a life full of love and devotion and hard work that means something.

I admire you both tremendously.

Geez, I'm just thinking back through all that you endured. I understand that it didn't all happen in the hours it took to read, nevertheless, it's too much. So heartbreaking to have people you trust try to take everything away from you. And even more heartbreaking that it happens to such truly good people.

Cathy

5. Great story Feral thanks for taking the time to tell it! :thumbsup:
    Often younger Scientologist on the bridge look at OT's as not only role models, but they are suppose to be the proof that the state of OT is real and when one speaks out it greatly helps the truth become know about the Co$.

Great Work!! :clap:

6. JohnnyRUClear

JohnnyRUClear Patron

Great story. Some troll-drool toward the end of the thread, but whatever. :eyeroll:

I'm glad that you came to your senses, and that your wife made the journey with you. That's one more family not wrecked by disconnection (no thanks to CofS/Hubbard). :thumbsup: May your family adventures be a bit less wrenching from here on out.

7. protest

protest Patron

O.K I'm hooked...then what??

8. PFINNC

PFINNC Patron

Thank you Ferel

You wrote: "So that's my story, I hope it stops others, in and out of the cult from getting too burnt. In hindsight I wish someone had stuck their neck out and warned me way back when I was a bright eyed bushy tailed scientologist trying to get to flag to get through the second "wall of fire" .

It may be that my greatest function in life is to serve as a warning to others! LOL!!
    "

Just now got to this thread. Your story is an inspiration.

PF

9. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

:bump2: for newbies to read.

10. Zelda5

Zelda5 Patron

Hi there,

I am utterly shocked and moved by your story.

Not being in scientology long i only got to the point where i completed a couple of the course books and undertook only a couple hours of auditing.

I then began to question alot of it and became very distant with the church and the people on staff. The people on staff were so demanding and rang me so many times, i remember one day i had about 5 missed calls from one of the supervisors whom i have never met or spoken to! This then made me back away, for i do not like to be forced into something and being harrassed especially when my life is quite fast paced and busy and I dont find time for me let alone time to complete course books.
    This however annoyed them, therefore i would constantly get text messages and missed calls and blunt voicemails in a demanding tone. I do not stand for that.

I then stumbled across this website and I have been reading stories for about 2 hours straight now. I had no idea this kind of stuff went on, it is just mind blowing. I always thought that the "tech" would have to work however i only took my parents words for it and didnt really think of what was "true to myself". I see celebrities such as John Travolta and Tom Cruise and i think John T must be in the high OT levels, and then his son tragically dies. HOW can that happen to such a high powerful being?! And yes to back that up, all "beings" are supposed to have their own timeline but at that level dont you foresee these kinds of things and have power to create your own path?

For when i think back the courses i did, they did not really have any big significance on my life or the way i think or feel or anything in that matter, in fact i cant really remember what it was i learnt / read. And as for the auditing sessions i left there feeling more upset and "low tone" then i did when i went in there. And yes some scientologists may claim that i havent yet "handled" whatever it was, i tend to disagree.

Thankyou for sharing your story, i am now really thinking twice about what I believe life is about and how to go about it. And you are one of the reasons for this, Im sure you have touched many others with your story and brought awareness of what is hidden behind the church walls. For people need to hear the TRUTH, if Scientology really does set you free then there wouldnt be all these truthful and tragic stories.

Sorry for carrying on! Just thought id put my two cents in, thanks once again! :)

- Z

11. o wow!

i was thinking how much i wanted to bump this thread and now here it is!

i must be OT!

12. Voltaire's Child

Voltaire's Child Fool on the Hill

I'm with ya, Z. I thought the same things. And when I was still in the church but just finding the internet discussion groups, sites and so on, people's experiences made a profound impact on me.

The cult does NOT want people comparing notes. They blather about mutual outruds and natter. They don't allow members in good standing to associate with anyone expelled since all expulsions are accompanied by an "SP declare". They just don't want people to know what others are experiencing.

See, when it's just oneself and the person doesn't know others had the same experiences or worse ones- then the person may explain away the abuses or stupidities. "It was out policy". "It was out tech." "they were non standard."

But when we find out that the same horrible stuff keeps happening and happening and happening, then it becomes obvious what kind of messed up organization we were part of.

13. Zelda5

Zelda5 Patron

I Agree!

It just amazes me how easily they can get people to just drop their whole lives, quit jobs, sell homes and people dont even QUESTION IT! This actually really scares me considering my mother is quite interested in becoming "clear" and reaching OT levels but after this i will be sure to let her know i am no longer interested in this so called religious church. The fact that they make you disconnect from your family and your own children is just absolutely SICKENING. And then they justify it by claiming you are an SP. Tragic and awful behaviour is going on and it needs to be investigated and stopped!

To think people seek help to better themselves and those around them but it looks like its all just a big scam to rip people off. I once believed in the tech, but now i think its been altered that much that its become a big game where they treat their staff like slaves and their followers like dummys hiding the real truth from them. Thats why they always said "dont mention anything you hear or read about scientology in a negative light" well maybe its time people did!

14. Voltaire's Child

It's a slippery slope. One starts out with intro stuff, kinda gets love bombed by staff, then it escalates continually.

I think the main thing is they get the person thinking he or she cannot live without Scn. That nothing else will do.

Once the person has that "cog" or "realization" they are easily manipulated.

15. "if you wanted to create the perfect trap you would call it 'Total Freedom'"

l ron hubbard

i can't understand why people keep calling this guy a liar

16. Voltaire's Child

Do you remember the story from Self Analysis about the fish and the imaginary cage, cast by shadows on the water? Well, it's a bit like that. People are constrained in the cult and they often don't realize that they can walk out the nearest door as Magoo has pointed out a number of times.

And of course Hubbard set all that in motion. I can point to many policies and HCOBs evidencing such, like the RPF ones, the ones on staff work, freeloader debts, and so on.

17. Zelda5

Zelda5 Patron

I remember Self Analysis, that was probably one of the basics i actually finished. Although i didnt get much from it. Can i ask honestly, has anyone on this forum actually gained anything from scientology? or is it all just mind games to implant certain things? I always hear my mum say "i have a sore back, give me an assist" then five minutes later "see i knew it would work" now is this something that she just believes so badly to work therefore she feels better? or is it really just "mind over matter"??? It puzzles me because after all these bad things that go on, why do people stay around?! :unsure:

18. Mark A. Baker

Mark A. Baker Sponsor

Yes. Quite a few people on the board, myself included, have at various times discussed the benefits they had as a result of auditing. However, it is also true that many have been intentionally victimized by the church and deliberately targeted for malicious use of auditing tech by church representatives. There are real benefits to be had from the use of scientology tech where the intent is to benefit a person, but there is also a very real potential for the abuse of that tech when other motives become paramount.

Mark A. Baker

19. Zelda5

Zelda5 Patron

Thanks Mark, nicely explained :)