ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Featured My bridge to OTVII

Discussion in 'Stories From Inside Scientology' started by Feral, Sep 8, 2008.

View Users: View Users
  1. Enthetan

Enthetan Master of Disaster

That was something that confused a lot of people, in my experience. I sort-of figured that "form" meant "what kind of overt", while "event" meant a narrative of what happened.

2. Div6

Div6 Crusader

I recall this well....as if all of a sudden "you're doing it wrong" and entire lists of lifetime O/W's were demanded a new.

Idjits.

For form I would just write "Commission" for a doingness and "Omission" for a "not done but shoulda" kind of thing.

3. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

As a sup I side-stepped it all by saying, "Look - time, place, form and event covers the whole thing, right? Time and place are obvious, so the rest of it is form and event. I don't care how you divide it up as long as it includes the whole thing."

That satisfied most people.

Paul

4. "i cannot write to save my life"

HA!!!

5. Free Being Me

Free Being Me Crusader

6. Rocketman2

Rocketman2 Patron

And I thought I was the only that was getting reg'd heavy.

7. Gib

Gib Crusader

SP tech is a sales pitch. :yes:

To extract money now under DM management,

and prior to keep folks from realizing the tech no work as promised. :yes:

8. Sinsweeper

Sinsweeper New Member

As a long-time student of the "occult," and all things "esoteric" I've spent years studying Scientology in the Freezone. So many things I find difficult (others impossible) tp comprehend. I just cannot see how anyone would tolerate such abuse.

Please don't take this as any type of insult or slam to you. Afterall, I have no idea what your situation was like. Also, I am new to this forum, so please forgive me if I have spoken out of turn, but I'm trying to understand the pschology behind this. If anyone yelled at me and demonstrated such rude behavior, I would in no way stand for it.

I just keep hearing and reading more and more stories where people give all they have (and more) when it's so obvious that not only the org itself is corrupt, but everyone around them. I see a recurring theme of members who seem to lack the ability (or desire?) to stand up for themselves, an dtheir basic rights as beings/thetans/whatever. Do yo uthink this is a result of the "conditioning" members receive on their way along the Bridge?

Sincerely,
    Aleks

9. Do you want the short answer?

It's a cult

10. i was in during an especially good time and it was far from totally corrupt. there's old italian proverb 'a former nun has has nothing good to say about her convent" and a lot of exes stories are embellished. it is only the sea org, a paramilitary formation, that is true hardcore. outer orgs have (or had) some starch to them but anyone who wants to leave steps onto the sidewalk and as soon as you turn the corner you're somewhere else. hell's bells man; i'm a vet. i went through far rougher stuff in boot camp than i ever endured in CoS and the guys who are the real vets; the guys who have been there and done that (i as only a chickenshit garrison soldier in korea in '69) see CoS as a rinkydink mickey mouse outfit

you should have heard of milarepa with your far ranging studies. his teacher marpa was, as the best teachers are, hard as hell on him. dianetics can be a good lower order study but anyone who is going to be a serious student of the esoteric should damn well know there will hell to pay and there is a casualty list...

11. Lily

Lily New Member

Feral, I would seriously consider publishing your story.

Here are some thoughts I had while reading it:

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?7524-My-bridge-to-OTVII/page7
    “I think at that time the congresses or something was coming out and there were stories of the blind seeing and the crippled walking from the '50s being told at flag graduations by the Captain Debbie Cook, along with other miracles. These stories were about all I could take, it just did not wash with us. How come then, after 50 years of tech development in scientology we could not find a solution in the tech for our kid if the results were so great back then ?”
    I arrived in 1969. I never saw miracle of the magnitude of the 1950’s stories. But I saw miracles. These miracles were a far cry greater than any I saw after 1982. By 1086, I saw no miracles. None. Given this downward graph, whose to say the 1950’s miracles didn’t exist?

Did it ever occur to you that perhaps COB WANTS OTVIIers to fail? I mean, if anyone ever completed the Bridge, they can’t hold eternity over their heads anymore, so how would you control them?

ARC to you and your family.
    :happydance:

12. TrevAnon

TrevAnon Big List researcher

ZOMG FERAL IS GOING TO WRITE AN INTERNATIONAL BESTSELLER!!!11!!!eleventy!!111

On a more serious note: Lily, please make some more posts so you'll be able to PM Feral. :)

13. Gizmo

Gizmo Rabble Rouser

Is there any bridge to OTVII that is broken ?

'Tis always a rough road moving "up" in scn..........isn't that a clue ?

14. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

15. Goodbye

Goodbye Patron with Honors

I read the first post of this thread the day it was posted back in 2008, and have just finished reading the whole story.

Monumental ... lost for words ...

16. WildKat

WildKat Gold Meritorious Patron

Thank you! I posted a separate thread about this. His story deserves not to be missed by any serious investigator of Scn. Good stuff!

17. guRl

guRl Patron with Honors

I've just finished reading Feral's story from beginning to end. Wow! An amazing and extremely important recount!
    Excruciating to read at times, rewarding at the end, and every person (Scientologist, Non-Scientologist) who reads it should bare in mind: this is a TRUE story.
    The hardships and sometimes downright torture Feral went through CAN be avoided, if you just listen to what Ex-Scientologists have to say!

Thank you Feral :heartflower:

18. He-man

He-man Hero extraordinary

19. Lurker5

Lurker5 Gold Meritorious Patron