What's new

My first Com Ev at Flag

mrtampa2

Patron
I was a succesfull course supervisor and an officer at age 23 at Flag. I just started supervising with great success. On an afternoon I got the famous yellow paper that a ProTRs supervisor is getting a Com Ev and I would be a member to sentence him. I was not happy about it as I was one of his previous students but I had to go. I looked through his ethics file with other committe members and I could hardly find anything bad - so they ordered his whole department to sit down and start to write knowledge reports about this guy - and they were in trouble if they didn't write any report (otherwise they would have been reasonable with the scene and that is a PTS phenomamon I think). but even so only big report he got from 5 years ago. We interviewed him - he was scared as hell fearing we can even send him to RPF (scientology's labor camp) for having bad production statistic. We sent up our recommendations that he should get more training instead of punishment. From Senior HCO a letter came back saying we were too reasonable and we got a threat we could got com eved if we did a bad job on this. We then recommended a lower condition, etc - we were still sentenced for com ev for being easy on the guy. They had nothing on him. It was not a justice - he just had a bad 3 weeks. We ourselves received a com ev for disagreeing to over punish a guy. He got an other com ev he was sentenced to RPF and died there.

In 2003 I saw one of my juniors being beaten physically by a security guard.
My Establishemnt officer had typed up Com evs on my whole section so she just needed to hit a buttom and anyone of could be in deep s..t.

After EPF and RPF being full they established the DPF - not LRH but DM creation to handle people wanting to leave or disagreeing with the church. It was full - more people wanting to leave than arriving to Flag.

I think scientology ethics and justice in sea orgs got grossly misimplemented and misused. It is not true that there is no body harm. Sometimes they put you to eat only rice and beans for weeks until you pass out. Many times I could not get mealbreak.

I am now joining independent scientology movement.

DeeAnna

Patron Meritorious
Hi mrtampa,

So what does DPF stand for?

Oh, and welcome. Please tell more of what you experienced.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi mrtampa,

So what does DPF stand for?

Oh, and welcome. Please tell more of what you experienced.

The traditional definition is Deck Project Force. It is basically the same as the EPF (Estates Project Force). DPF is probably the older ship oriented term. New Sea Org recruits are assigned to the DPF/EPF to do manual labor amongst other things until they have completed their training in preparation for permanent post assignment. The DPF is also used for staff retreads (read: problem staff members aka screw ups). It is Scientology staff purgatory where in this analogy the RPF is hell and it tends to fill up quickly coincident with an increased need for renovations projects.

The OP also says: "I think scientology ethics and justice in sea orgs got grossly misimplemented and misused. It is not true that there is no body harm. Sometimes they put you to eat only rice and beans for weeks until you pass out. Many times I could not get mealbreak."

This is exactly how I remember it in the 70s/80s. After 40 years I think you pretty much have to assume that this is the way it is supposed to be.

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron
I was a succesfull course supervisor and an officer at age 23 at Flag.
In 2003 I saw .....
So 2003 is 12 years ago now....
...and yes, I understand that some people need longer to cognite that the evil is NOT Miscavige or the Sea Org, instead the real evil is the "inventor" of all of this (including the independent) sh*t: El Con Hubbard.

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
I was a succesfull course supervisor and an officer at age 23 at Flag. I just started supervising with great success. On an afternoon I got the famous yellow paper that a ProTRs supervisor is getting a Com Ev and I would be a member to sentence him. I was not happy about it as I was one of his previous students but I had to go. I looked through his ethics file with other committe members and I could hardly find anything bad - so they ordered his whole department to sit down and start to write knowledge reports about this guy - and they were in trouble if they didn't write any report (otherwise they would have been reasonable with the scene and that is a PTS phenomamon I think). but even so only big report he got from 5 years ago. We interviewed him - he was scared as hell fearing we can even send him to RPF (scientology's labor camp) for having bad production statistic. We sent up our recommendations that he should get more training instead of punishment. From Senior HCO a letter came back saying we were too reasonable and we got a threat we could got com eved if we did a bad job on this. We then recommended a lower condition, etc - we were still sentenced for com ev for being easy on the guy. They had nothing on him. It was not a justice - he just had a bad 3 weeks. We ourselves received a com ev for disagreeing to over punish a guy. He got an other com ev he was sentenced to RPF and died there.

In 2003 I saw one of my juniors being beaten physically by a security guard.
My Establishemnt officer had typed up Com evs on my whole section so she just needed to hit a buttom and anyone of could be in deep s..t.

After EPF and RPF being full they established the DPF - not LRH but DM creation to handle people wanting to leave or disagreeing with the church. It was full - more people wanting to leave than arriving to Flag.

I think scientology ethics and justice in sea orgs got grossly misimplemented and misused. It is not true that there is no body harm. Sometimes they put you to eat only rice and beans for weeks until you pass out. Many times I could not get mealbreak.

Scientology 'Justice' has been bad under DM, but it was terrible under the old man, throwing people off the ship, you should really read some of the stuff Hubbbard forced people to do. Here's someone who worked very closely with him...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw-At2NNyZo

If it ain't broke don't fix it, but if it was broke to begin with just leave it.

That seems a bit better than the LRH scientology cult version:

If it ain't broke, break it, then try to fix it, following LRH instructions, then break it some more, and if you feel like you should then just leave it, break that too. If anyone criticizes you for any of that, break them too.

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
Lost all my faith in a com ev & all that stuff when I saw a Class 6 OT 8 get a com ev with no one with any tech training or even clear on the committee. Slaughtered & disgraced.

More like can-ya-here-that-whistle-ablowin-cause-he-done-been-railroaded.

Ah, the things we saw happen . . . . . . and said nothing about as we looked the other way.

That is what I'll always regret the most.