My non-Sci Story

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Nona, Feb 2, 2008.

View Users: View Users
  1. Mark A. Baker

Mark A. Baker Sponsor

Well, I certainly can't speak for you, but running OT III isn't necessarily intended DIRECTLY for the solo auditor.

Additionally, from my personal case history, without going in to gory detai, when I first saw the III materials for the first time I laughed. I had during my lower bridge run some VERY similar & related materials from time to time for HUGE PERSONAL GAINS. Not III exactly, but III as might be seen from a "different perspective". I even referred to it at that time as "my personal little OT III".

At the time, I had no idea of what the OT III materials were, nor was I especially interested as I had my own reasons for pursuing scientology.

As to III being Hubbard's case. I suspect that that is likely true. It would not surprise me in the least if he did not succeed in getting it flattened for himself. The S.O. always struck me as a major dramatization of case. Given what has happened to the church, that viewpoint has not been discouraged in me.

Arguably everyone ever involved in the S.O. would then have been dramatizing that bit of case. Clearly, many still are. :)

However. I also suspect as a result of my own lower bridge experience and the benefits gained later from actually having run III, that that particular piece of "Hubbard's Case" isn't wholly unique to Hubbard and that there MAY well be legitimate reasons for others to look at the material in a session situation.

I find it interesting how often similar material comes up without coaching when auditing others. I also find it interesting that Hindu & Buddhist consciousness raising techniques incorporate similar, although not identical, materials.

Mark A. Baker

2. Colleen K. Peltomaa

Colleen K. Peltomaa Silver Meritorious Patron

Mark, I can tell you have made some good differentiations re scientology. I do appreciate the "magical" effects on others when one person gets into session.

Yes, I agree with you that there may well have been such an incident. My own track recall shows I went through some pretty wild times, plus the recalls of my husband, Aarre (I audit him..."So you had sharp talons, eh?").

It is true that the OTIII processes, if not specifically applicable, re Xenu, might pull in some similar types of incidents and thus bleed off charge, but I still think it is clumsy, dev-t'ish, and expensive, in or out of the Cofs, and, and this is a big AND, and there is now tech that does the same thing much much faster and at the PCs own determination of when and where he wants to run that information.

In other words, he is not directed to run such incidents unless he originates it. In other words, the pc knows what is bothering him and that is enough of a thread for the auditor to help him resolve his restimulation/dramatization.

Everything being relative, OTIII can work if processed as you outline, but the new tech is faster, totally pc-determined, and more economical in the long run.

Ron was not the only being on this planet who can come up with some great tech, in case anyone still thinks of him as sole source.

3. johnAnchovie

johnAnchovie Still raging

Nona and Boudicca

Thank you, you beautiful people. for your humanity and for that wonderful sense of outrage you are directing against this monstrosity.

I don't know if you understand what an empowering, fresh, lovely and hopeful message you are giving to us who were in. I just got out of the quasi military insitution called the Sea Org in June 2006, I was there for 20 years, they stole my youth, thay stole my woman from me, and they stole the joy of my seeing my little sister grow up, I didn't even know that she graduated university, I didn't know she got married.

I wanted to be heard, I wanted my story told, I wanted the abuses shouted about; but the only people who had been there would listen. family cared, but did not really understand.

Thanks to you I have been able to get into two national newspapers and on two national radio shows, I have been able to tell the truth to my country.
    Do you know how beautiful you really are?

Thanks for making me cry Boudicca, your story is so powerful. Please pass on my love and appreciation to all the Anon's you can.

Thanks Nona for being so wonderfully human. - Being 'Human, is a bad thing in Scientology, I learned that it was good and that it was unique when I got out.

JA

4. Boudicca

Boudicca Patron

It's so cleansing to speak out, isn't it? I'm happy you're finally getting the chance. I have a feeling that's gonna happen over and over as the months pass. :) Do you have a link, or somewhere we can read the stories? I'd love to see.

From someone who's BTDT (been there, done that) having had my childhood and innocence and trust stolen, I have more in common with you all more than you realize.

We put our faith in people bigger and more powerful than ourselves and trusted them to help and protect us. Instead, we were brutally betrayed. I've felt the fear, the anger, the humiliation and the horrible lingering doubt of: "What did I do wrong?"

Here's the truth...and the truth sets us free. What happend to me wasn't my fault. What happened to you wasn't your fault. The guilt, shame, blame and consequences sit squarely on the offenders' shoulders. And they will pay for what they did, because nobody escapes final judgement.

I'm so sorry for everything you've lost. I understand the pain and sorrow. But over time, I eventually got back more than was stolen from me. It's not pity I'm feeling for what you suffered, it's empathy. Because we're not victims. We're survivors. :happydance:

We took our lives back. We learned and grew, and now we use our experiences to help others. Standing up to our abusers, surviving, and triumphing to live a happy life makes us stronger than they ever thought possible. We can hold our heads up with pride.

EPIC WIN! :dance3:

So far, only two of us have stepped forward to offer encouragement. But there are literally thousands of us standing with you now. :thewave:

I do forgive.

But I will never forget.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2008
  5. Mark A. Baker

Mark A. Baker Sponsor

I don't have an argument with anything you have said in your post Colleen. LRH, along with others, did some valuable work. It is inaccurate to think of him as a "sole source". I for one have never claimed he was. :coolwink:

Mark A. Baker

6. Boudicca

Boudicca Patron

Oh, and I wanted to say one more thing.

Watching the planning on the Anonymous boards, seeing the flyers and posters and letters they're writing to senators and lawyers and the research they're uncovering...it's just... WOW!!!

There is some MAJOR talent there!

Not only are we seeing a unification of young people that hasn't happened since the 60's...we're witnessing the birth of hundreds of new careers.

Many of these young activists will go on to become politicians and lawyers with consciences, social workers, human rights advocates, and some will receive offers of employment from corporations and the computer industry and the government because of the skills they're honing in this battle.

Major irony alert:

$cientology has helped the world more than they'll ever know.

Unintentionally, of course.

I know not everyone believes in the Bible, but it does say, What man intends for evil, God turns to good.

7. johnAnchovie

Boudicca

I put two storys in an online Citizens news journal www.Orato.com. You will see one unde 'Life Styles' and one under 'News'. Both by John Duignan. The nationals are print ones, I will get you the links to the sites soon as I locate them on line.

Cheers, you certainly came out a stronger person, that is encouraging in the extreme.

Love,

John

8. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

I REALLY like that! :clap:

9. Alanzo

Alanzo Screeching Harpy

LOL!!!!

:happydance::happydance::happydance:

10. Colleen K. Peltomaa

Colleen K. Peltomaa Silver Meritorious Patron

That sentence was addressed to a larger audience. That was the longest part of my doubt formula, understanding LRH.

11. Boudicca

Boudicca Patron

John, I read your story in the lifestyle section, you're an excellent writer.:coolwink: Interesting that the secret illegal mission they sent you on got you started on the road out of the cult. I looked and couldn't find a story by you in the news section, though. Did they move it?

PS: I decided I'm picketing next Sunday after all. Even if I can't walk the whole time, I'm gonna do it as long as my legs hold out. I think I'll get a wig. Always wanted to be a blonde :)

Last edited: Feb 3, 2008
  12. johnAnchovie

Duhhh...

Silly me, it is under current events, titled 'Hubbard's Fanatical Military' or something close to that.

Blonds have more fun....

John

13. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

Can you post a link?

14. Boudicca

Boudicca Patron

You bet. :) Keep in mind there's still some silly chatter going on here and there, but most are taking this very seriously and there are different plans in the works from protests, to media campaigns, to networking with lawyers and politicians to get Co$ tax exempt revoked.

http://www.enturbulation.org/

Also, for a terrific example of graphics and messages on the flyers and signs free for anyone to download, see the next link (scroll to the bottom of the Chanology page). Not for the faint of heart. Heh.

Kinda like Scientology, they have their own language. You have to wade through the meme speak a bit, and anybody can add things, so it contains crap along with the good stuff. Wear a decent crap filter before you go looking, and you'll be okay. ;)

http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/PROJECT_CHANOLOGY

There's more somewhere else that I saw, but I can't find it right now. I'll track it down later if I have a chance.

BTW, a lot of Anon are lurking on your board and OCMB and Arnie's site and reading your stories and learning from your wisdom and experiences.

15. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

May I suggest a blonde-vinyl-beehive?

It says 'Scientology' on oh so many levels...

Zinj

16. Boudicca

Boudicca Patron

LOLOL! I think I'm gonna go with a "Katie Holmes" wig and big bug sunglasses. Makes a statement along with the signs -- and image association in the public's minds. ;)

17. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

From your nick I guess you're a brit. I'm intending to go along as an observer on feb 10th. Maybe we'll meet.

I've noticed that our FZ forums have it seems a slight spike in new members. One stated he was with " Chanology". I mailed him and asked if he was part of "anon" but got no response as yet.

18. Boudicca

Boudicca Patron