ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

My project - an update - want to help??

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Songbird, Nov 27, 2007.

View Users: View Users
  1. Songbird

Songbird Patron

A few weeks ago I posted several messages here asking for statements from people about their experiences with Scn. I'm preparing information to submit to a group of government officials who are interested in Scientology.

If you haven't yet sent a statement about your experiences in Scn and would like to do so, it's not too late!! The cut-off date is the end of this year - I will be presenting materials in January or possibly early Feb.

What do we need statements about?

1. Your experience as a public Scientologist.
    2. Your experience on staff.
    3. Your experience in SO.
    4. Your experience on the RPF.
    5. Your experiences as OSA. (Yes, a statement from Mike Rinder would be welcome.) :)
    6. Your experiences as non-Scn family of a Scientologist.

I particularly need additonal statements describing personal experiences inside the SO and RPF and also statements from people who experienced or witnessed women in SO being pressured to have abortions.

If you have something to say, there's still time. Statements should be addressed To Whom it May Concern, signed with your real name, and faxed to me. You can reach me by PM here or at infopackeditor@cox.net.

This project is small, and there is no guarantee of success.
    However, every little bit helps.

And my thought is that out of this project can come a larger one.

What is the bottom line re CoS?
    Getting tax-exempt religious status rescinded.

How can that be done?
    Those with oversight of the IRS must be made aware of what this organizaiton really is and that it does not deserve religious tax-exempt status. Information on the worst of the abuses must be brought to their attention. By the time I've finished this project, there will be a small collection of data that can be the core of that process. To the stories that I'm collecting, other stories can be added... and others and others. Until there are enough.

A smiling parade of Scn celebrities will count for very little when tales of life inside the SO, the RPF, the SP Hall at Gold, the forced abortions, etc., etc. are brought to the attention of the people who can actually do something about CoS.

To those who have helped so far, thank you.
    Mary Ann Bosnos

Last edited: Nov 27, 2007
  2. Emma

Emma Con te partirĂ² Administrator

Good luck with this project songbird. :thumbsup:

3. nw2394

nw2394 Silver Meritorious Patron

Hmmmmm....... Yeah. I partly share the same idea. But.....

In one sense, as you may have noticed, I don't always agree with my fellow freezoners. And my distrust of the CoS is greater still.

However, I respect the fact that, despite the misapplications and outright abuses, some folk still manage to get a PC into session. Auditing is precious as far as I am concerned.

Nor am I sure that my enemy's enemy is necessarily my friend.

Nick

4. Songbird

Songbird Patron

Emma,
    Thank you.
    BTW, your emoticons over here are exceedingly cool ~~~~!! :hifive:

Nick,
    Distrust of CoS -- something that we have in common. :yes: