What's new

Name that Show - Scientology Media Productions purchases blocks of time on Spectrum

Out/Int

Patron with Honors
Re: Name that Show - Scientology Media Productions purchases blocks of time on Spectr

Damn guys...I am just having a ball with this thread...:giggle:

"How to use Dr. Hubbard's tech to create the illusion you are Not Gay"

Hosted by Oat Tea John Travolta and Kelly Preston

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Re: Name that Show - Scientology Media Productions purchases blocks of time on Spectr

Lucky for us in the United States we have something call the FCC (Federal Communications Commission) that do accept complaints of fake and fraud in advertising on the airwaves.

But.....

Yikes! Won't all Scientology's miraculous claims all fall under the religious protections afforded to RELIGIONS? FCC won't dare go near that.

I remember in the 1970s (ironically while I was still in Scn!) that for entertainment I often used to watch various crazy-ass, fanatical TV EVANGELICAL shows on cable. For reasons unknown, I thought it was fascinating and often hilarious to watch:

--folks giving those heartfelt, euphoric testimonials about God/Jesus performing a miracle in their life.

--ecstatic sermons culminating in all manner of miraculous misrepresentations in order to solicit viewers to send in donations.

--wacko gobbledegook rants (e.g. glossolalia) intended to prove that divinity was being channeled through God's "chosen" messengers.

--never-ending moralistic recriminations and threats of hellfire, by the hypocritical high-priest du jour -- who would later fall into disgrace when they were busted for (frequenting prostitutes, embezzling tens of millions of parishioner donation dollars, the big priest having secret lurid sexual affairs with young church floozies while their co-priestess wife would cry and beg for on-air donations to help God save people's marriages so they could be as wonderful as their own, et al)​

I could go on endlessly detailing all the remarkably cynical things that I observed in those fraudulent shows. Never, until later, did I come to realize that my own mind was slowly crawling its way towards making the connection that Scientology was AN EXACT DUPLICATE of those incorrigibly corrupt Christian Evangelical fanatics--with MONEY at the center of all their sanctimonious lies.

The mind has an ingenious way of preparing one for the future....

In a parallel event, I once worked on researching a documentary project (never produced) that was purportedly going to find some REAL EVIDENCE of supernatural abilities by "advanced" spiritual masters that could be found in different remote places in the world. I researched untold numbers of books and publications. I traveled. I made inquires about those (non-Scn) miracle workers (e.g. levitation, exteriorization, et al) and over a LONG period of time, came to realize that I could not even find ONE single person who could produce evidence of such paranormal powers. I even found "miracle workers" who responded to classified ads (in their language) who volunteered do demonstrate their "power". And so I filmed it, even allowing myself to be used as a subject/participant. But those failed miserably or had simple explanations of how the effect was produced.

I mention that project because I later came to understand that my mind was running its own "counter-intelligence program" to Hubbard's crazed propaganda operation. Bit by bit, my mind was slowly crunching data and helping me to realize that all those fabulous claims were fake--and that perhaps all Scientology's miraculous claims were just as fake.

I wasn't looking to DEBUNK anything. Quite the contrary. I was looking (I thought) to FIND real paranormal phenomena and document it!

What a weird, wacky and wonderful surprise to later learn that my mind was hard at work trying to heal itself (free itself too!) from the suffocating death-grip of Hubbard's crazed, tyrannical mythology.

Let me close this chapter by posting a major religious win, below.

[video=youtube;aBejyHI6qr0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBejyHI6qr0&ab_channel=zooroper[/video]

(...still' kinda freakin' cynical about omniscient religious demigods , aren't I? LOL. I wonder what my mind is secretly working its way through these days?)

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron

But.....

Yikes! Won't all Scientology's miraculous claims all fall under the religious protections afforded to RELIGIONS? FCC won't dare go near that.
[/I])

HH~~

when the FCC receive complaints they do terminate these shows. All those shows of selling holy water and holy oil are all gone. That show that would pitch the viewer to send the ministry cash now, and God would enrich them with bonanza cash subsequently, all these flim flam merchants...all gone. There are less and less channels that allow any of this.

One TV evangelist after another was found to be embroiled in a sex scandal or a money scandal.

Evangelist Tilton wanted money for his special prayers for you. BUT when it was found out that Tilton’s ministry threw away prayer requests without reading them, keeping only the money or valuables sent to them by viewers, (garnering his ministry an estimated $80 million USD a year), he crashed and burned.

Lots of them gone by the wayside for FRAUD. No longer on the air. Lots of complaints to FCC.

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

As a pessimist, I agree. Unfortunately that's very true. Think lonely elderly people who don't use the internet habitually and people who are also notorious supporters of televangelists. There were some good sceptical comments on the Underground Bunker about these downsides. If you give me some hours, I'll dig them up. (I don't have time now. :hattip: )

It's true that many elderly people don't use the internet habitually, and most of them don't even possess a computer.

Fortunately though, they are not the target audience for CoS.

Many are living on a fixed income and don't possess an extra half-million dollars for the cult.

Of those who do, most of them are wise enough to not get involved in a destructive cult.

While I've not personally been involved for many years, I suspect that those Scientologists that are in the age 70-90 range have been in for many years, and only a tiny percentage of them got in recently.

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter

It's true that many elderly people don't use the internet habitually, and most of them don't even possess a computer.

Fortunately though, they are not the target audience for CoS.

Many are living on a fixed income and don't possess an extra half-million dollars for the cult.

Of those who do, most of them are wise enough to not get involved in a destructive cult.

While I've not personally been involved for many years, I suspect that those Scientologists that are in the age 70-90 range have been in for many years, and only a tiny percentage of them got in recently.
Reading the comments here and on the Bunker, I've come to the conclusion that many (not all) people are far too invested confusing their hopes for reality -- i.e., believing this is all some big joke, when the truth is they only hope it is a big joke.

You state elderly people who don't use the Internet "are not the target audience for the COS." False. Anyone with money or now, increasing, who votes, influences government, etc. is the target audience for the COS.

You state that many elderly people are living on a fixed income and don't possess an extra half-million for the COS. False dichotomy. That is not inconsistent with the fact that many are NOT living on a fixed income and do, in fact, have if not an extra half-million, then substantial sums for the COS. And if they don't, they vote in disproportionately large numbers.

You state that most of are wise enough to not get involved in the COS. Again, so what? That is not inconsistent with the fact that many, even if a minority, may be. Many may be widowed, isolated, lonely, and otherwise vulnerable -- indeed, much more than younger people.

Scientology TV may be a significant development. It is just much more comfortable and too much fun to joke about it.

HelluvaHoax!

HH~~

when the FCC receive complaints they do terminate these shows. All those shows of selling holy water and holy oil are all gone. That show that would pitch the viewer to send the ministry cash now, and God would enrich them with bonanza cash subsequently, all these flim flam merchants...all gone. There are less and less channels that allow any of this.

One TV evangelist after another was found to be embroiled in a sex scandal or a money scandal.

Evangelist Tilton wanted money for his special prayers for you. BUT when it was found out that Tilton’s ministry threw away prayer requests without reading them, keeping only the money or valuables sent to them by viewers, (garnering his ministry an estimated $80 million USD a year), he crashed and burned.

Lots of them gone by the wayside for FRAUD. No longer on the air. Lots of complaints to FCC.

Cool!

I was very aware of all of of the above scandals EXCEPT what you described as an FDA shutdown of how their donations were solicited. I find that very interesting and will find time one of these days to search for a simple understanding of how a gov't agency could regulate a religious program? I wonder how that's possible.

Anyways I thought I distinctly remembered that even in the past couple years I thought I saw those donation soliciting televangelists STILL doing business-as-usual. So did a quick Google peek and found this article (within the last 1-2 years) that seems to confirm that they were not shut down (or that they left and came back in through legal/regulatory loophole)

Just an interesting intersection (the corner of Government Avenue and Religious Boulevard) and there seem to be changing and blurring boundaries.

CommunicatorIC

[FONT=&amp]
HH~~

[/FONT]​
Cool!

I was very aware of all of of the above scandals EXCEPT what you described as an FDA shutdown of how their donations were solicited. I find that very interesting and will find time one of these days to search for a simple understanding of how a gov't agency could regulate a religious program? I wonder how that's possible.
Religious institutions are subject to criminal and civil liability for fraud IF they promise some verifiable, not merely spiritual, benefit or action without having the intent to provide or perform such.

Tilton got into trouble because he was stupid, cheap and/or lazy enough to throw away the prayer requests without reading them, much less praying for them. If he had been smart enough to simply: (a) make it clear up-front that he personally would not be making every prayer, and that members of his designated payer circle would do so; AND (b) then have members of his designated prayer circle IN FACT read every prayer request AND pray over it -- then there would be no fraud and he would still be going strong.
Anyways I thought I distinctly remembered that even in the past couple years I thought I saw those donation soliciting televangelists STILL doing business-as-usual. So did a quick Google peek and found this article (within the last 1-2 years) that seems to confirm that they were not shut down (or that they left and came back in through legal/regulatory loophole)
The COS is currently very careful not to make verifiable promises that would support claims for fraud. Look at the current grade chart. Given the caliber of their current lawyers and the centralization of SMP (we aren't talking rogue regges here), I suspect SCNTV will be just as careful, if not more careful.

Personally, I'd be shocked if SCNTV broadcast anything that would get them in trouble with the FDA, FCC, or any government agency. It will be all "news," editorial, proselytizing, perhaps pure solicitation of funds like any other religion, and perhaps making non-verifiable and therefore non-actionable promises of vague "spiritual progress."

Where SCNTV might get into trouble is if it expands outside the US to, for example, the UK or another country with more demanding requirements re: balance in news and truth in adversing beyond narrow protection from fraud. One recalls the COS getting in trouble with the UK government advertising board regarding some statement it made regarding Volunteer Ministers. For good or ill, depending on one's view of the First Amendment and government control of media, that level of government scrutiny simply does not exist in the U.Sl.

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

Reading the comments here and on the Bunker, I've come to the conclusion that many (not all) people are far too invested confusing their hopes for reality -- i.e., believing this is all some big joke, when the truth is they only hope it is a big joke.

You state elderly people who don't use the Internet "are not the target audience for the COS." False. Anyone with money or now, increasing, who votes, influences government, etc. is the target audience for the COS.

You state that many elderly people are living on a fixed income and don't possess an extra half-million for the COS. False dichotomy. That is not inconsistent with the fact that many are NOT living on a fixed income and do, in fact, have if not an extra half-million, then substantial sums for the COS. And if they don't, they vote in disproportionately large numbers.

You state that most of are wise enough to not get involved in the COS. Again, so what? That is not inconsistent with the fact that many, even if a minority, may be. Many may be widowed, isolated, lonely, and otherwise vulnerable -- indeed, much more than younger people.

Scientology TV may be a significant development. It is just much more comfortable and too much fun to joke about it.

I was basing my opinion about elderly not being the target audience on my direct experience and observations in the CoS, but it was close to 30 years ago that I was in, so things may be different now.

And I agree that the CoS *would* in fact target ANYONE with money. Their key stat is GI (gross income) and they are not picky where it comes from.

That said, most who become Scientologists get involved either when in their 20's or are born into it. I believe that the more life experience one has the least likely one is to get sucked into Scientology. (if any cult experts are lurking on this thread I'd love to hear your take on this).

With regards to the Scientology TV channel, I do consider it very significant, not just a joke, but I also believe it's going to have some unforeseen negative consequences as well for the cult, even to the point where it accelerates the demise of the cult. I'm not going to expand upon that at this time as I don't wish to give them a heads up. :coolwink:

For those of you in OSA, it might be a good time to jump ship! You remember what happened when Miscavige micro-managed Battlefield Earth? :biggrin:

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout

snip.....

[video=youtube;aBejyHI6qr0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBejyHI6qr0&ab_channel=zooroper[/video]

(...still' kinda freakin' cynical about omniscient religious demigods , aren't I? LOL. I wonder what my mind is secretly working its way through these days?)

Interesting. That's how I was talking to my 8 month old grand niece yesterday. You know, the baby goo goo language.

Seriously, I watched that 17 second clip of that weirdo and after he said "I love you" my stomach turned inwards. That was way up on the cringe scale. Enforced cringe!

HelluvaHoax!

Interesting. That's how I was talking to my 8 month old grand niece yesterday. You know, the baby goo goo language.

Seriously, I watched that 17 second clip of that weirdo and after he said "I love you" my stomach turned inwards. That was way up on the cringe scale. Enforced cringe!

LOL

As far as "baby goo goo language", Scientologists speak it fluently.

It's the same as "goo-goo theta talk" (see sig's last paragraph, below)

HelluvaHoax!

Religious institutions are subject to criminal and civil liability for fraud IF they promise some verifiable, not merely spiritual, benefit or action without having the intent to provide or perform such.

Tilton got into trouble because he was stupid, cheap and/or lazy enough to throw away the prayer requests without reading them, much less praying for them. If he had been smart enough to simply: (a) make it clear up-front that he personally would not be making every prayer, and that members of his designated payer circle would do so; AND (b) then have members of his designated prayer circle IN FACT read every prayer request AND pray over it -- then there would be no fraud and he would still be going strong.The COS is currently very careful not to make verifiable promises that would support claims for fraud. Look at the current grade chart. Given the caliber of their current lawyers and the centralization of SMP (we aren't talking rogue regges here), I suspect SCNTV will be just as careful, if not more careful.

Personally, I'd be shocked if SCNTV broadcast anything that would get them in trouble with the FDA, FCC, or any government agency. It will be all "news," editorial, proselytizing, perhaps pure solicitation of funds like any other religion, and perhaps making non-verifiable and therefore non-actionable promises of vague "spiritual progress."

Where SCNTV might get into trouble is if it expands outside the US to, for example, the UK or another country with more demanding requirements re: balance in news and truth in adversing beyond narrow protection from fraud. One recalls the COS getting in trouble with the UK government advertising board regarding some statement it made regarding Volunteer Ministers. For good or ill, depending on one's view of the First Amendment and government control of media, that level of government scrutiny simply does not exist in the U.Sl.

Thanks for info.

But, I am still puzzling how a US gov't agency could possibly interfere/regulate RELIGIOUS beliefs.

For example, let's say a Christian televangelist extolls the priceless rewards that God bestows on the faithful--especially being rewarded with a blessed eternal home in heaven if one's earthly "acts" include "spreading God's word" and making "selfless donations" to help send missionaries to Africa in order to introduce Jesus.

Obviously, that kind of religiously formatted donation solicitation is literally selling heaven, and I still fail to see how a gov't agency could get anywhere near shutting it down or even trying to regulate it.

Scientology likewise sells heaven but calls it "Total Freedom".

Scientology sells 1000 other things as well (e.g. becoming financially prosperous, how to attain all one's dreams/postulates, total cause over life, wholetrack memory, stable exteriorization, et al). I can't see any possibility that the cult of Hubbard is going to back off on their paranormal pitches--although they might run their sales script(s) past their lawyers for a bit of weasel-word tweaking on the copywriting.

tesseract

Patron with Horrors

For example, let's say a Christian televangelist extolls the priceless rewards that God bestows on the faithful--especially being rewarded with a blessed eternal home in heaven if one's earthly "acts" include "spreading God's word" and making "selfless donations" to help send missionaries to Africa in order to introduce Jesus.

Damn. I might need a whole can of brain bleach just after reading that. Umm, looks I went out of it. You don't happen to sell them? :biggrin:
On a more serious note, I could never sit through these televangelist shows, as you did. Particularly not for fun! :omg: On the other hand, maybe on drugs... :coolwink:
Anyhow, I don't have cable TV anymore. If you know any "best e.g. worst" videos, please post them...

HelluvaHoax!

Damn. I might need a whole can of brain bleach just after reading that. Umm, looks I went out of it. You don't happen to sell them? :biggrin:
On a more serious note, I could never sit through these televangelist shows, as you did. Particularly not for fun! :omg: On the other hand, maybe on drugs... :coolwink:
Anyhow, I don't have cable TV anymore. If you know any "best e.g. worst" videos, please post them...

I would but that might drive some folks here crazy with the truly annoying derail, LOL!

But if you are feeling brave, just for starters you can check out YouTube videos for:

Jim Bakker

Tammy Bakker

Robert Tilton

Benny Hinn (video "let the bodies hit the floor")

Jimmy Swaggart (video on "I have sinned", hookers, et al)

Peter Popoff (video where he is debunked on Johnny Carson show with Amazing Randi)​

In YouTube you can filter by "VIEW COUNT" and pull up the greatest crowd-pleasers, by volume, first. lol)

tesseract

Patron with Horrors

I would but that might drive some folks here crazy with the truly annoying derail, LOL!

Well thanks for the names, that is as good as a link. I don't think it's a derail at all or I so, an educational one. Some people will fall for scientology's slick videos and that will be for similar psychological reasons others fall for televangelists, - I expect that at least many of the videos SMP is going to broadcast will be similar to their superbowl ads - anodyne and slick, sky-blue gobbledegoop chock-full with "spiritual" generalities. They'll drone on about the Volunteer Ministers and their other sham front groups but they'll have to avoid specifics so as not to open themselves to accusations of fraud.

Cult watch has hardened me somewhat against getting triggered (anger) by some kinds of crap of more religious nature, still with the notable exceptions pseudoscience/anti-science, anti psychiatry crap, and islam generally. (Note: that I use that word "triggered" here doesn't mean the least I demand that people avoid triggering me, or anybody. No personal growth that way. :p ) So the next time I'm drunk, I'll have a look at these videos, if nothing else, Bacchus will protect me. :yes:

How to Clear that Bank! (crime TV series)
CCRD Factor! (A clear contest)
Success History Channel! ( A Qual retrospective)
Goodmorning Bulgravia! (International morning News)
Over the board! (Sea adventures)
N.A.Y. (Investigation reality show)
Dirty needles (An M.D. crime saga)

CommunicatorIC

Scientology TV (SCNTV) will be on the air by June 21.

From Tony Ortega. A quotation from International Scientology News, an official Church of Scientology publication. Tony further notes that Scientology leader David Miscavige stated Scientology TV will be operational by the summer solstice -- i.e., June 21,

http://tonyortega.org/2017/04/04/da...-by-june-21-to-show-planets-coolest-religion/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Camera crews have been deployed around the world. The editing bays and audio mix rooms have been buzzing with activity. Scintillating shows have been produced and packaged. Soon, the whole world will see what we’ve known all along — Scientology is the coolest, boldest religion on the planet.

This summer, the highly anticipated launch of the Scientology Network will capture the world’s attention with never-before-seen programming that goes behind the scenes of Scientology. For the first time ever, we will be able to tell our stories in our voice and show the incredible scope and scale of the Scientology religion.

Headquartered at Scientology Media Productions (SMP), a five-acre complex that opened last May in Hollywood, the network is producing original programming to fuel a 24/7 broadcast feed showcasing all aspects of Scientology. The state-of-the-art production studio sits on the oldest continuously operating studio lot in Los Angeles, dating back in 1912 when the silent film era was in its heyday. LRH himself worked on this very lot as a screenwriter in the 1930s. A multi-million dollar renovation preserved the historic character of the buildings while transforming the landmark studio into an ultra modern, high-tech, self-contained production campus where more history will surely be made.

We are inviting the world inside the Scientology experience, showcasing our social betterment programs and introducing them to Scientologists making a difference around the world. Stay tuned for regular series like Meet a Scientologist, through profiles of parishioners it highlights how we are everybody and everywhere. Voices for Humanity will allow us to show how our religion is helping the world on every front of human rights. And Inside a Church will take viewers into orgs around the world, featuring the people, places and stories specific to each church.

The network will enable us to reach more people than ever before. Unabashed. Unfiltered. Unlike anything on television. Planetary dissemination, here we come!

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

But if you are feeling brave, just for starters you can check out YouTube videos for:
Jim Bakker

Tammy Bakker

<snip>

A former business partner told me a story from many years ago (before the Bakker's were prosecuted) where he was in their home in North Carolina (I believe in the Charlotte area) for business reasons.

In their back yard they had 4 very nice dog houses, all of which were air conditioned.

So for anyone who might have donated to the Bakker's, this may in part answer the question "What did my donations buy?" :biggrin:

tesseract

Patron with Horrors

The one thing I like about this whole venture is how it is a sinkhole for cash, compared to the "Ideal Org" program.
Broadcasting time will cost much money.
So did the equipment, but you can't just resell that stuff 10, 20 years later. It's electronic waste by then.
They will reg for the broadcasting and the productions, but sooner or later people get pissed again and/or they are out of money.
If they reg for ideal orgs, still some of that money is wasted on renovations of doubtful quality and for odd refittings (small auditing rooms, custom furniture etc) that won't make the building any more attractive to buyers on the day of resale, but the real estate will never lose all its value. Depending on the time of resale and the time for which the building was neglected, it, too, might still have value... or not. :wink2:
All that will stay of SMP on the other hand is the building and the real estate, plus a lot of originally expensive but now outdated, worthless electronics, plus the equally wortless and outdated (SPs on camera...) shows and ads they recorded. SMP is a cash swallowing sinkhole / black hole.
Let's hope it doesn't help ensnare too many uncritical or devout people and their money.

Out/Int

Patron with Honors

When Cults Bully

Hosted by Leah Remini and Mike Rinder

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron

Scientology TV (SCNTV) will be on the air by June 21.

From Tony Ortega. A quotation from International Scientology News, an official Church of Scientology publication. Tony further notes that Scientology leader David Miscavige stated Scientology TV will be operational by the summer solstice -- i.e., June 21,

http://tonyortega.org/2017/04/04/da...-by-june-21-to-show-planets-coolest-religion/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Camera crews have been deployed around the world. The editing bays and audio mix rooms have been buzzing with activity. Scintillating shows have been produced and packaged. Soon, the whole world will see what we’ve known all along — Scientology is the coolest, boldest religion on the planet.

This summer, the highly anticipated launch of the Scientology Network will capture the world’s attention with never-before-seen programming that goes behind the scenes of Scientology. For the first time ever, we will be able to tell our stories in our voice and show the incredible scope and scale of the Scientology religion.

Headquartered at Scientology Media Productions (SMP), a five-acre complex that opened last May in Hollywood, the network is producing original programming to fuel a 24/7 broadcast feed showcasing all aspects of Scientology. The state-of-the-art production studio sits on the oldest continuously operating studio lot in Los Angeles, dating back in 1912 when the silent film era was in its heyday. LRH himself worked on this very lot as a screenwriter in the 1930s. A multi-million dollar renovation preserved the historic character of the buildings while transforming the landmark studio into an ultra modern, high-tech, self-contained production campus where more history will surely be made.

We are inviting the world inside the Scientology experience, showcasing our social betterment programs and introducing them to Scientologists making a difference around the world. Stay tuned for regular series like Meet a Scientologist, through profiles of parishioners it highlights how we are everybody and everywhere. Voices for Humanity will allow us to show how our religion is helping the world on every front of human rights. And Inside a Church will take viewers into orgs around the world, featuring the people, places and stories specific to each church.

The network will enable us to reach more people than ever before. Unabashed. Unfiltered. Unlike anything on television. Planetary dissemination, here we come!

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

Both Isis and Scientology’s Marketing Surveys seem to have arrived at the same Positioning concept:

“The World’s Coolest Religion”

https://www.scribd.com/document/341694258/MarketingHat-HCOPL-1Jan1977

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/04/03/jihadi-cool-how-isis-switched-its-recruitment-and-social-media-master-plan.html

///
Utilizing encryption and the dark web so users are untraceable, ISIS increasingly practices a kind of “jihadi cool” appeal, targeting disaffected millennials, suggesting one is never too young to be a warrior for God and tapping into conventional teenage concerns such as peer pressure and trying to impress one’s associates. The encrypted groups also target girls, capitalizing on global “female empowerment” movements and calling them to “shame their male counterparts” by taking up the call to violence.
///

///
Much of its initial campaign success also stemmed from portraying itself as a “goodwill organization.” For example, one suspected jihadist, who set up numerous Twitter accounts under derivatives of “AbuAid,” claimed a year ago to Fox News to have traveled to Syria from the U.K. for the "greater good" in helping his people, while also re-tweeting rap lyrics chastising then President Obama and playing into the “bad boy/gangster” persona.
///

http://tonyortega.org/2016/06/27/leah-remini-is-shooting-a-tv-series-about-scientology/

At Maiden Voyage, Scientology reveals the depths of its desperation
The T-shirts weren’t lying. David Miscavige really is trying to stem Scientology’s decline by marketing it with the slogan that it’s the world’s “coolest religion.”