What's new

Narconon article

DrGreenThumb

Hi, everyone! I’m a freelance writer putting together an article for VICE about Scientology's attitude towards drugs and drug-taking, and I’d love to hear about someone's experiences with the Narconon programme. Although obviously I don’t want anyone’s personal details, I would like to ask:

· What was your issue/experience with drugs?
· How did you get involved in the programme, and how long were you there for?
· What did the programme involve?
· What was it like?
· Did it help you?
· What (if any) is the connection to Scientology?
· Why did you leave the Church of Scientology?
· Are you clean now?
· Can I quote you with a pseudonym?

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated! Please feel free to respond here or via PM.

Last edited:

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Not sure if this will help you or not, but there's been dozens of lawsuits against Narconon. 29 alone from one attorney. Lots of info in the records from all those. I was never a client of Narconon, so can't help you with those questions you asked about.

Las Vegas attorney Ryan Hamilton makes it 29 lawsuits against Scientology’s drug rehab
https://tonyortega.org/2015/05/15/l...-29-lawsuits-against-scientologys-drug-rehab/

Some years ago even their own Legal Affairs Director acknowledged that there was no scientific basis for their advertised success rate.

LEAK: Narconon’s Legal Affairs Director Admits No Scientific Basis for Advertised Success Rates
https://tonyortega.org/2013/04/01/l...cientific-basis-for-advertised-success-rates/

EZ Linus

Cleared Tomato
· What (if any) is the connection to Scientology?

It would be good for you to start your reporting with some knowledge about this. This part isn't murky.

PM me if you'd like. I know a lot about all aspects of the program.

DrGreenThumb

Thanks for the info, guys. I've already looked into a couple of things myself but you brought up some things I hadn't even thought of. As an outsider I'm not sure how deep the rabbit hole goes, haha. EZ I'm sending you a PM!

Leland

Crusader
How deep does the Rabbit Hole go? All the way to Murder....

I had a friend that was a Case Supervisor for Narconon in LA.

He had picked up a client....that was a drug user....(from Narconon?) ....that ended up murdering his mother, because she wouldn't give him more money to pay my friend, for more auditing....

I'd love for you to dig up the facts about this....

He shot and killed his mother with a revolver....around 1995? I think it was reported in the LA Times.

I really don't have any more information than that...

EZ Linus

Cleared Tomato
They don't know what they're doing and have no medical certification for how they operate. They lie about their results and statistics and report their overall income and progress to Scientology.

DrGreenThumb

How deep does the Rabbit Hole go? All the way to Murder....

I had a friend that was a Case Supervisor for Narconon in LA.

He had picked up a client....that was a drug user....(from Narconon?) ....that ended up murdering his mother, because she wouldn't give him more money to pay my friend, for more auditing....

I'd love for you to dig up the facts about this....

He shot and killed his mother with a revolver....around 1995? I think it was reported in the LA Times.

I really don't have any more information than that...
Holy hell. I did a quick Google and so far all I can find is the Perkins case, which is also kinda drugs-related (as I understand Scientology dislikes all drugs, not just the 'fun' ones), but that's definetely not this one. I'll let you know if I find anything.

Leland

Crusader
Holy hell. I did a quick Google and so far all I can find is the Perkins case, which is also kinda drugs-related (as I understand Scientology dislikes all drugs, not just the 'fun' ones), but that's definetely not this one. I'll let you know if I find anything.
Probably very difficult to find. If I recall.....it was just a short LA Times report....and no mention of Narconon or Scientology....or my friend's involvement as his Auditor. Just that he shot and killed his mother with a revolver...