ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Need e-meter and qualified scientology auditor for Saturday June 20

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by AnonOrange, Jun 15, 2009.

View Users: View Users
  1. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

Is the 'electricity in the veins' like little batteries floating along with the platelets?

Zinj

2. Mark A. Baker

Mark A. Baker Sponsor

The dominant factor should be immersion in a conductive fluid.

Mark A. Baker

3. Zinjifar

The *operant* factor should be changes in resistance due to GSR. Everything else is about noise and levels.

Zinj

4. Mark A. Baker

Mark A. Baker Sponsor

Actually more so than you evidently realize, Z, however that charge is not directly relevant to the workings of an emeter.

Mark A. Baker

5. Zinjifar

And here I thought AO's obsession with pounding spikes into his veins was just silliness. Who'da thunk it?

Zinj

6. Mark A. Baker

Mark A. Baker Sponsor

My comment was in response to Paul's observations. With regard to your digression the "operant" factor is the fluctuations in neural net activity as indicated by changes in electrical activity on that network. Read Roland's discussion for details. :eyeroll:

Mark A. Baker

7. HCObringOrder?

HCObringOrder? Silver Meritorious Patron

I find this discussion fascinating from an exterior point of view. :D

The original cans were steel with Galvanization on them.
    With some level of corrosion on them (evidence the pictures of cans in Ebay ads) which would cause some variance between PCs.
    The Ohm readings from those would be higher than bare Aluminum cans, until the Aluminum oxidized.

I recall that there was some general rule about the cans getting too old.
    Also, the fact that the sweat of the hands would cause some metal from the Galvanization to be removed onto the hands (washed my hands after session a few times).
    Galvanization is a Zinc plating process if I remember correctly.
    That thought causes me to wonder about the poison effects of too much Zinc absorption.

I seem to recall that Hubbard's cans in all the pictures were brand new with no corrosion.
    Did he really get better results?