What's new

New Gold Base article on Wikipedia

ChrisO

Patron
Following my write-up of The Hole (Scientology), which will be on Wikipedia's front page in a few hours, I've tackled the much bigger topic of Gold Base itself - it's quite a long piece, so make sure you've got a cup of coffee in your hand first! The new article is at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_Base. As ever, if anyone has any comments, corrections, feedback etc, please let me know. (And could someone please let the folks at OCMB, WWP and Ex-Scn Kids know, as I'd like their feedback too if possible.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanx for this. The world needs to know about the crimes perpetrated by this iteration of the Cult. Only after Miscarriage is dead and buried, and someone not blatantly suppressive takes control of Scn, or better yet relinquishes control to the individual, shall I rest easy at night. Not saying this should happen, but some Int Mgmt exec is going to snap at some point and the Dwarf will get what's coming to him. Somehow I feel that Hubbard's wishes were not complied with when he "dropped the body". Then again, even if they had, the same thing could have happened, so who knows.

But the Hole? That's a Miscavige invention. 80% of the blatant human rights abuses came after Hubbard. Maybe more.

Jump

Operating teatime
Thanx for this. The world needs to know about the crimes perpetrated by this iteration of the Cult. Only after Miscarriage is dead and buried, and someone not blatantly suppressive takes control of Scn, or better yet relinquishes control to the individual, shall I rest easy at night. Not saying this should happen, but some Int Mgmt exec is going to snap at some point and the Dwarf will get what's coming to him. Somehow I feel that Hubbard's wishes were not complied with when he "dropped the body". Then again, even if they had, the same thing could have happened, so who knows.

But the Hole? That's a Miscavige invention. 80% of the blatant human rights abuses came after Hubbard. Maybe more.

Hubbard was an evil psychopathic con man who would dispose of dissenters in any way without sorrow.

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
Another great piece from ChrisO! Thanks so much for your work!

I cross posted this to WWP and OCMB.

Hugs to you.

That Wikipedia Page a thing of beauty

It's pretty mind blowing to see just how exposed the cult is now,

Just a decade ago they were using threats of frivolous copyright intelligent lawsuits to strong-arm web hosts into taking down websites which merely posted links to pages and images on their own websites.

When Robert Vaughn Young said ... The Internet will be to Scientology what Vietnam was to the United States

He underestimated the effect that the internet will have on the cult, it's more like the what the Afghan War was to the Soviet Union

It's product has been rendered basically worthless.

The Scientology brand is now synonymous with dysfunctional freak show, it has been reduced to a punchline of a joke

Their only means of survival is live off of what they managed to already scam and to continue fleecing the handful of dwindling victims who haven't left yet then invest the money in something other than Scientology.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Following my write-up of The Hole, which will be on Wikipedia's front page in a few hours, I've tackled the much bigger topic of Gold Base itself - it's quite a long piece, so make sure you've got a cup of coffee in your hand first! The new article is at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_Base. As ever, if anyone has any comments, corrections, feedback etc, please let me know. (And could someone please let the folks at OCMB, WWP and Ex-Scn Kids know, as I'd like their feedback too if possible.)

Something happened to the regular Wikipedia link for The Hole, so here it is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hole_(Scientology)

Great article on Gold Base. It's very useful that Wright included lots of stuff posted to message boards etc., as his book now provides highly-legitimate references for Wikipedia!

Paul

SanDiegoMember

Howard Dickman
All the great links and references, that takes a lot of time. A lot of work behind that article, Very Well Done to you Chris.

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron

80%? I was locked in a room just large enough to fit a twin mattress on the floor and fed rice and beans for weeks when Davey was still in diapers.

ChrisO

Patron
80%? I was locked in a room just large enough to fit a twin mattress on the floor and fed rice and beans for weeks when Davey was still in diapers.

<battlestargalactica>"All this has happened before, and all this will happen again."</battlestargalactica>

Or in other words, there's nothing new under the sun.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
Following my write-up of The Hole, which will be on Wikipedia's front page in a few hours, I've tackled the much bigger topic of Gold Base itself - it's quite a long piece, so make sure you've got a cup of coffee in your hand first! The new article is at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_Base. As ever, if anyone has any comments, corrections, feedback etc, please let me know. (And could someone please let the folks at OCMB, WWP and Ex-Scn Kids know, as I'd like their feedback too if possible.)

Top job, 85 references AND a bibliography!!! Thank you so much. I missed seeing the Wiki front page highlighting your article . . . bugger - but - MOAR!!!

(Pssst . . . I can't get that first link in your post to work, not a biggie but maybe a mod can edit it)

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron
Under the development of the site, the sentence about Mary Sue has a little tiny typo.
you sir/ma'am, are a genius... This page is so well organized a cited. Thanks for the good work!

OhMG

Patron Meritorious
Somehow I feel that Hubbard's wishes were not complied with when he "dropped the body". Then again, even if they had, the same thing could have happened, so who knows.

:faceslap:Umm, NO. "The Hole" was invented by Hisself on the Apollo. When he threw little children into the chain locker for days.

You don't happen to own a unicorn that farts rainbows do you?

1347496990554.jpg

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
Forwarding a comment from WWP.

https://whyweprotest.net/community/threads/new-gold-base-article-on-wikipedia.109311/#post-2278018

Posted by The Wrong Guy

Interesting.

I've never posted over there. Hopefully someone will relay this message to the author:

The article makes no mention of Jenna Miscavige Hill, who has described how children were forced to do much of the labor at Gold Base. This interview with her might be worth linking to the article:

Jenna Miscavige talks about Scientology | WTSP Tampa Bay

www.wtsp.com/news/topstories/article/299516/250/WATCH-Insiders-look-at-Scientology

Here are some other links to consider adding:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jenna_Miscavige_Hill

www.amazon.com/Beyond-Belief-Secret-Scientology-Harrowing/dp/0062248472

https://whyweprotest.net/community/...rowing-escape-by-jenna-miscavige-hill.108759/