ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

New Gold Base article on Wikipedia

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by ChrisO, Feb 22, 2013.

1. ChrisO

ChrisO Patron

Following my write-up of The Hole (Scientology), which will be on Wikipedia's front page in a few hours, I've tackled the much bigger topic of Gold Base itself - it's quite a long piece, so make sure you've got a cup of coffee in your hand first! The new article is at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_Base. As ever, if anyone has any comments, corrections, feedback etc, please let me know. (And could someone please let the folks at OCMB, WWP and Ex-Scn Kids know, as I'd like their feedback too if possible.)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2013
  2. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

Hat's off to you mate! :clap: :thumbsup: :thankyou::hattip:
    I've put it out on the ex scio community on FB.

3. honeywhite

honeywhite Patron

Thanx for this. The world needs to know about the crimes perpetrated by this iteration of the Cult. Only after Miscarriage is dead and buried, and someone not blatantly suppressive takes control of Scn, or better yet relinquishes control to the individual, shall I rest easy at night. Not saying this should happen, but some Int Mgmt exec is going to snap at some point and the Dwarf will get what's coming to him. Somehow I feel that Hubbard's wishes were not complied with when he "dropped the body". Then again, even if they had, the same thing could have happened, so who knows.

But the Hole? That's a Miscavige invention. 80% of the blatant human rights abuses came after Hubbard. Maybe more.

4. Jump

Jump Operating teatime

Hubbard was an evil psychopathic con man who would dispose of dissenters in any way without sorrow.

5. Pooks

Pooks MERCHANT OF CHAOS

Another great piece from ChrisO! Thanks so much for your work!

I cross posted this to WWP and OCMB.

Hugs to you.

6. That Wikipedia Page a thing of beauty

It's pretty mind blowing to see just how exposed the cult is now,

Just a decade ago they were using threats of frivolous copyright intelligent lawsuits to strong-arm web hosts into taking down websites which merely posted links to pages and images on their own websites.

When Robert Vaughn Young said ... The Internet will be to Scientology what Vietnam was to the United States

He underestimated the effect that the internet will have on the cult, it's more like the what the Afghan War was to the Soviet Union

It's product has been rendered basically worthless.

The Scientology brand is now synonymous with dysfunctional freak show, it has been reduced to a punchline of a joke

Their only means of survival is live off of what they managed to already scam and to continue fleecing the handful of dwindling victims who haven't left yet then invest the money in something other than Scientology.

7. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Something happened to the regular Wikipedia link for The Hole, so here it is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hole_(Scientology)

Great article on Gold Base. It's very useful that Wright included lots of stuff posted to message boards etc., as his book now provides highly-legitimate references for Wikipedia!

Paul

8. SanDiegoMember

SanDiegoMember Howard Dickman

All the great links and references, that takes a lot of time. A lot of work behind that article, Very Well Done to you Chris.

9. In present time

In present time Gold Meritorious Patron

80%? I was locked in a room just large enough to fit a twin mattress on the floor and fed rice and beans for weeks when Davey was still in diapers.

10. ChrisO

ChrisO Patron

<battlestargalactica>"All this has happened before, and all this will happen again."</battlestargalactica>

Or in other words, there's nothing new under the sun.

11. Infinite

Infinite Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

Top job, 85 references AND a bibliography!!! Thank you so much. I missed seeing the Wiki front page highlighting your article . . . bugger - but - MOAR!!!

(Pssst . . . I can't get that first link in your post to work, not a biggie but maybe a mod can edit it)

12. In present time

In present time Gold Meritorious Patron

Under the development of the site, the sentence about Mary Sue has a little tiny typo.
    you sir/ma'am, are a genius... This page is so well organized a cited. Thanks for the good work!

13. OhMG

OhMG Patron Meritorious

:faceslap:Umm, NO. "The Hole" was invented by Hisself on the Apollo. When he threw little children into the chain locker for days.

You don't happen to own a unicorn that farts rainbows do you?

[​IMG]

14. Pooks

Pooks MERCHANT OF CHAOS

Forwarding a comment from WWP.

https://whyweprotest.net/community/threads/new-gold-base-article-on-wikipedia.109311/#post-2278018

Posted by The Wrong Guy

15. Lermanet_com

Lermanet_com Gold Meritorious Patron