ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

New guy on the block - 'cept I'm a girl

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by mich, Feb 18, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Random guy

Random guy Patron with Honors

Hi Mitch!

This is mostly a friendly place. Just rember this is a public forum. Less friendly eyes are reading it too, if not posting. Do not give out any information you don't want public. We don't need your name, age, gender or telephone number. Some here are well known by OSA and don't need to hide, others feel more confortable being anonymous, just known by a nickname. Many recently out prefer to remain anonymous for a while to get their life sorted out before they are prepared to come out "for real".

Welcome to the borad! Read, post and enjoy!

2. afaceinthecrowd

afaceinthecrowd Gold Meritorious Patron

Welcome Mich. :clap: So glad you are here with all of Us. :yes:

Take your time and settle in…there is a treasure trove of good, solid and helpful information and links that has been posted over the years here by a whole bunch of good folks. I Lurked and read for 6 months or so before I joined and started posting. :thumbsup:

When you’re ready and comfortable, sharing your “Take” and your Story helps you and Us all…it ads yet more tiles to the mosaic, more pieces to the puzzle, another voice to the chorus. :coolwink:

Like so many things Scn, the “Doubt Formula ‘Tech’” was “borrowed” sans attribution, bastardized and then issued by El Ron as a “New Breakthrough”. :ohmy:

It’s taken from a decision process tool Ben Franklin used when he was having trouble making a decision about something or deciding between two distinct alternatives. He wrote down the “Pros/Cons” or “Positive/Negatives” about the matter at hand or A vs B and counted them up. El Ron took this simple decision making aid and turned it into an overly complex, circuitous head trip. :whistling:

Face :)

3. vumba

vumba Danielle Chamberlin

Hi and welcome so much to our site. They have made me feel so welcome and I am recently new to posting. So glad you are joining us. Feel free to let out whatever you wish, we won't be judging you or sec checking either! :eyeroll:

4. Lulu Belle

Lulu Belle Moonbat

The stories from OOTs that were at Flag since GAT I have found fascinating. I hope you detail your experiences here for us.

5. Natalie

Natalie Patron with Honors

Welcome! How long ago were you at Flag? My daughter Shelby was an OOT there 2008-2009 and for a bit in 2007 (I think). She is out also.

6. Semper Phi

Semper Phi Patron with Honors

Natalie - I remember Shelby! In fact we ate at the same table in the dining hall every day. I'm not quite ready to go public here yet, but she might be able to figure out who I am when I say that my nickname at Flag was the same as a famous pop singer (tho we're not the slightest bit alike). I hope she is well. We were FB friends, and when she was declared, the EO of the DAY org (I was fdn) told me to unfriend her. He must have scoured her friend list when the declare came thru and found me. I felt like shit doing it, but I wasn't quite ready to push back. I've always felt stupid and sorry for doing that, coz I knew from happy experience that Shelby is the opposite of an SP. I have been wondering if you are related to her!

Tell her I say hi! :bighug:

7. Natalie

Natalie Patron with Honors

Hi Semper Phi! How exciting, Shelby will be so happy to hear from another one of her OOT survivors. I'll ask her about the nickhname. She is being a good daughter and is out right now picking up some Chipotle for me :biggrin:

Everyone who has met and knows Shelby knows that she is one of the brightest, cheerful beings on the planet. Always on the verge of a giggle, and eager to help. Truly the opposite of an SP. She was in horrible shape when we got her back from Flag, but she is doing fabulously today. She is finishing her second year in college this Spring.

Are you stil "in"? You can PM me here on the forum or email mnnat@aol.com I'll also let you know Shelby's email.

8. Miss Pert

Miss Pert Silver Meritorious Patron

Yaaaaay!!!! Another OOT out. :happydance::happydance::happydance:
    I'm wracking my brain to place a Shelby, maybe Semper Phi can jog my memory. There's a lot of faces I remember but not so many names.

9. Semper Phi

Semper Phi Patron with Honors

No, I'm out, tho for now basically under the radar. Tell Shelby I'll send her a FB friend request, to right my wrong of de-friending her in the first place. I'm so glad she's well. As I remember, at the time she left she was on her supervisor apprenticeship in the "kids" courseroom. One of the circles of hell that Dante didn't mention.

Shelby was a Class IV sup trainee from West US. Tall, with long brown hair and a big smile.

10. jenni with an eye

jenni with an eye Silver Meritorious Patron

11. Moosejewels

Moosejewels Patron Meritorious

Very BIG welcome to you Mich. I'm looking forward to hearing whatever fresh information from the other side, that you decide to post. I'm primarily a "lurker". I do not post that often. May the best of luck and fortune be waiting in your future ! :biggrin:

12. Kookaburra

Kookaburra Gold Meritorious Patron

:welcome2: Mich.

You will find lots to read here and other sites, too. Once I discovered all the stuff about Scientology on the internet, I was stuck to the computer for the next 2 years, no kidding. There is so much out there.

I was an OOT also, but back in 1975/76 when Flag was first in CW. I think it is much different these days.

I second randomx on wants to know all about the current scene in Scientology. I think they know we want to know and have become very secretive. And you know what they say about what you resist!!! :lol: All their secrets are getting aired on national TV, sometimes international press.

How long have you been out? Have you seen or read many of the reports of the last few years?

13. Claire Swazey

Claire Swazey Spokeshole, fence sitter

Sometimes executing the formula for Doubt leads a person to leave CofS. Read Geir Isene's doubt formula sometime. It's on the web.

Welcome!

14. Welcome Mich! So glad you decided to join us here, and so very glad that you are out of COS!

Very well done! :clap:

Take your time to relax a little and read around, there is a ton of information here and elsewhere on the Internet/ Now your REAL education about Scientology begins! :thumbsup:

Don't let all these calls for stories fluster you, take your time and tell however much or little works for you and your situation right now. We'll understand.

These eager beavers just love to hear personal stories! :biggrin:

Isn't it nice that by coming on the board and introducing yourself, you have already created the conditions for two old friends to reconnect with each other? :thumbsup: Thank you very much!

Makes me feel warm fuzzies all over! :happydance:

Welcome! :)

15. afaceinthecrowd

That's very true. I've read Geir's doubt formula and it was a comprehensive, honest and nice piece of work. :yes:

However, IMO, the way it is skewed and "contaminated" with Scn "Tech" it far too often lead a person to stay in Scn, stay on Staff or the in SO, leave a spouse, disown a child or turn their back on a friend, etc, etc.
    :no:

Face :)

Last edited: Feb 20, 2012
  16. Claire Swazey

Claire Swazey Spokeshole, fence sitter

Surely. Geir wrote it when he was just newly out. Plus, he is someone who still finds value in a lot of Scn.

But anytime doing a doubt formula leads someone out of the cult, then, kewl.

I'm not saying that people have to do the doubt formula. But if they decide to do it and do it honestly, I cannot imagine that it would lead anywhere but out of the cult.

17. afaceinthecrowd

:thumbsup::yes::coolwink:

18. shadow

shadow Patron with Honors

I heard there might be stories....:drama:

Welcome Mich.
    Decompress, take your time and enjoy your life now that you have taken it back.

19. mich

mich Patron

Yup, not really worried about being "found out" so let me introduce myself properly. My name is Michelle Babich, but all my friends and family call me mich. I have no fear of being "in trouble" or declared because I simply followed the tech. I did the steps to the Doubt formula, and once I brushed aside all bias and rumour I found the group I belonged to was not one that should be helped, so I quit staff. Since then I have learnt so much more, some of which I would struggle to believe, except that I know Debbie Cook wouldn't lie. Thanks for the welcome. I hope to be able to help others be strong in their own truth, and do the right thing, whatever that might be for them.

20. mich

mich Patron

Thank you! As soon as I find enough time to get it all down I'll post it. mich