ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

New theme for ESMB?

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by alex, Oct 23, 2008.

View Users: View Users
  1. byte301

byte301 Crusader

I think you're probably right, Lynn. He's welcome to it.:D

2. flashgordon

flashgordon Patron with Honors

Old post but a good one.

There does seem to be an intolerance on this web site to anyone giving an opinion or point of view that is different than what the majority think.

Can you think of another group of people ( or church ) who are intolerant towards people with who have a different point of view than what the group thinks?

3. GreyWolf

GreyWolf Gold Meritorious Patron

Please let me state, for the record, my position on this. I totally respect anyone's personal spiritual beliefs and will defend to the death thier right to practice any religion they wish to. However there are people here who have every right and cause to be suspicious of OSA. Ex SO's and Ex Execs have been looking behind thier backs for a lot of years. You can't spend that much time looking behind you without being a little paranoid.

Love and Respect

Bob

4. Markus

Markus Silver Meritorious Patron

Alex was always free to say everything no matter how far away from truth it was to defend L Ron Hubbards nonsense Technology. I have observed this "Technology" as very dangerous and even deadly nonsense for my family. So I am free to say this here. I hope that you understand that I was not always amused how true believers like Alex often tried to play down the role Mr Hubbard played in this wicked game. And in my opinion Scientology can't be reformed simply because Hubbard stopped any kind of "reformation" through KSW. So if you want to reform it you have to do it without Hubbard - but without Hubbard Scientology is nothing - like the Christians would be nothing without Jesus.
    On the other hand I would have never started a thread in order to eliminate any pro Scientology members from ESMB - Like Alex did it with this thread against the Anti - Scientology posters - simply because I am aware that even when he is so very wrong I still can learn something from his so very different point of view.

Love

Markus

5. Voltaire's Child

Voltaire's Child Fool on the Hill

I did see some people here get rather harsh with Alex.

6. Markus

Please define harsh...

How do you define harsh? You know - if you and your family are affected in such a cruel way as me and my family were for more than 30 years many statements a true believer like Alex made here on this board are very harsh for you. So if he (Alex)is (was)trying to defend the Technology which caused so many many abuses and pain and death he should be aware that some people are not very amused. I'm not trying to defend the members here who were impolite to him - but it is the job of the moderators to decide wether somebody is not accepting the rules of this board. As far as I know Alex was banned for two weeks in September 2009. Unfortunately he seemed to have stopped posting after this ban.

Love

Markus

7. Voltaire's Child

I do not consider expressing disagreement with views to be harsh at all. Just so you know.

I saw some namecalling, too, though. That's mainly what I was thinking of when I wrote the other post.

8. altruistichedonist

altruistichedonist Patron with Honors

Will someone who has a few hours to spare please join in and pick a fight with the ex Scientologist Claire to get her over 10,000 posts before Thursday at 2.:D

Pleaze. Pleaze. Tease the Sleeze. :thumbsup:

Hey fluffy, dear Wench, are you up to it ?

Why'd it take you ten years to finally open up ?:unsure:

Is John turning into a rail ?:unsure:

What's it take to bullbait you into a rant session for 28 posts ?:whistling:

9. Markus

Yes exactly - this is how I see it too - to express diagreement is not harsh at all. But if you think Scientology is a criminal abusive organization you should be free to express that. And if you for yourself found out that this crimes of the church were clearly caused by the stupid Technology of MR. Hubbard you should be free to express this here. Even if this is causing big discontent for true believers of the Tech on this board.

And "name calling" is absolutely not ok - I totally aggree - but this was not my point.

Love

Markus

10. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

Unlike in a Scientology world, disagreement on ESMB does not constitute harassment.

We are allowed to invalidate crap anytime we see it. We can even put little comical flags on it and point it out to others.

Bear in mind, this applies to *any* piece of crap, even those I generate. In general ESMB requires a modicum of civility in discourse, but, it does *not* require telling crazy aunt Sally who wears a lampshade that her elizabethan crown proves that she's the legitimate monarch.

Nobody here has ESMB thugs sent out to 'ruin them utterly' for something they say here, although they may well have to survive laughter. Including, in the best of circumstances, learning to laugh at themselves.

Zinj

11. Doom

Doom Lurking.

I think that just about sums it up

12. Voltaire's Child

Then I actually think you and I are in total agreement.

13. Voltaire's Child

AH, I dunno if I can make that stat...but thank god I don't have to do stats, not even for this lovely forum and the lovely admin and forum regulars therein.

John's doing fine. I mentioned this to him. He didn't really say anything. His love was never conditional, same as with my friends.

14. flashgordon

This is an example of what needs to stop.

"Sleeze" and "Wench", this is just name calling and should be stopped on this website.

Apparently name calling is ok on this website but pro Scientology viewpoints will get you banned or labeled a "troll".

Last edited: Nov 12, 2009
  15. flashgordon

Well Zinj, I'm glad you finally admitted that you do in fact, generate crap.

16. byte301

byte301 Crusader

Fluffly can take care of herself. She doesn't afraid of anything.

What really needs to stop around here is your obvious vendetta against Zinj.
    Why don't you go on over to your hero Marty's blog and kiss his ass some more? He will love it no doubt. You can whine about Zinj over there all you want with no disagreements I'm sure. It doesn't play on this board.

17. Voltaire's Child

A teasing post is not the same thing as name calling.

18. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

Yawn.

I truly hope you are correct.

Troll.

:bug:

19. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

Fluff: You are not at 10 grand yet? Oh, if posts could only be turned into dollars, huh? :p HURRY UP, girl! :waiting:

20. Mystic

Mystic Crusader

Yes. The above posting has all the appearances of crap.