ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

New to the forum

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by anonymous86, May 6, 2017.

View Users: View Users
  1. anonymous86

anonymous86 New Member

hello everyone....curious who is lurking here and who are actual ex-members.... .... any way I am glad to have found this message board, and also wondering how many here could be from the eastern coast of the united states. thank you for allowing my presence here :)

2. JackStraw

JackStraw Silver Meritorious Patron

Welcome!:welcome2:

While I am from the East Coast, I got in to scn after moving to the West Coast.
    Where were you on lines (if you were, that is) using all due care to protect your identity if you are or have friends/relatives in scn who could be maltreated if they find out you are here.:omg:

Jack

3. strativarius

strativarius Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

Hello to you too! Most of the people here are ex-members and a large proportion of them are americans, so you should be among friends.

4. Ogsonofgroo

Ogsonofgroo Crusader

Welcome newbie Anon86! :party: :party: Enjoy your time here!
    As mentioned by Strati, most here are ex's, I am not one, (a 'never-in' myself), and there are a few of us Anon-types who have hung around for a while for a variety of reasons. I enjoy the company myself, hardly a dull moment and so much to learn!

:cheers:

5. Gib

Gib Crusader

I had the same question when I was lurking before I registered to place my POV here in this open forum. Some give their credentials while in the scientology culture AKA cult, some speak the lingo freely, some do not wish to speak the lingo. You can figure it out.

Others like Ogs are just good folk.

6. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Gold Meritorious Patron

:welcome:

All kinds of people are members here - ex-public, ex-staff, ex-sea org and never-ins. Also a small minority are still involved with scientology in the independent field but most people here no longer have anything to do with scientology tech.

7. dchoiceisalwaysrs

dchoiceisalwaysrs Gold Meritorious Patron

and when hubbard comes back here to teegeeack I will welcome it here. My first Questions is why did he blow.

8. TheOriginalBigBlue

TheOriginalBigBlue Gold Meritorious Patron

Bonus student points for spelling "Teegeeack" correctly!

9. strativarius

strativarius Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

Truth is I came here because I thought it said 'massage board'... :wink2:

10. dchoiceisalwaysrs

dchoiceisalwaysrs Gold Meritorious Patron

I used to be a very good speller. I noticed however that when I started to touch type, my spelling whent flat. It just dawned on me that it might have something to do with a very different arrangement on motor muscle activity as learned and being unlearned. Plus since when was the alphabet changed to the Qwerty order anyhow.? Be that as it may, and I didn't use a spell checker until recently, learning some new languages hasn't helped either as even the same letters have different phonetics sounds.

Plus if you read a few hundred pages of legal and other documents from two hundred years ago it become quite apparent that spelling changes for the same damned word. I used busses the other day..it was ingrained, but then I looked it up and Merriam Webster states that my busses was predomintately used until around 1961 and gradualy changed to buses.

Before you know it slientology will have to change its copywrites to copypopular

Thanks for the award. It will help my graff. :biggrin: