What's new

Newly Exiting

Out/Int

Patron with Honors
Unless policies have changed, if you have not started or received a service then I do believe the policy states that you can request a refund. Even if you have completed a service I believe that there is a limited window where you can request a refund.

Your situation looks very straight forward. If I were you I would request a refund but document everything carefully, phone calls, who you talk to, (time, place, form and event)...as it were.

If they show you a doc but don't give you a copy take a picture of it.

No offense to anyone here - but please don't operate as if Scientology follows any policies.

When it comes to money - Scientologist's are criminals and will do whatever it takes to steal yours and keep it and spin you around so you give up.

They also use FEAR.

Scientology scams like no other business on planet earth.

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
Thanks for your input but I will continue what I have begun, it's more than the amount of money, its the fact that they knew it was all I had and the principle of the position I was put in, we all know the tactics they employ. $1000 may not seem like a lot to you but when you have a negative balance in your bank most days after making that contribution, it becomes a lot more value than the $1000. These people knew I was struggling, that at one point I was living in my car while coming in and paying for courses. They still took every cent and pushed for more. Getting a refund and signing the waiver will be a welcome close to this chapter of my life.

Can't imagine?? That's a fairly bold statement to say that you can't imagine something... I will leave that alone.

I never indicated the church said they could help. No need that you 'suspect' what I have already made clear.

Do you have a consumer watchdog reporter in your city? Could make for a real shitshow ride the coattails of Leah Remini if you went down that path. I, for one, would buy my popcorn at Costco for such a story.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
No offense to anyone here - but please don't operate as if Scientology follows any policies.

When it comes to money - Scientologist's are criminals and will do whatever it takes to steal yours and keep it and spin you around so you give up.

They also use FEAR.

Scientology scams like no other business on planet earth.

None taken. I think the perfect example of what happens when a trusting Scientologist places faith in Church policy is Debbie Cook's famous email. Maybe she had lost faith by then but she wrote the letter as though the Scientologists reading it still did. Knowing what we know, there was never a chance for any kind of meaningful reform.

However, if you ask for a refund without reading up on the policy and they start to twist you around then you really will be set up for a fail. You should at least be able to throw the references back at them.

And be prepared for an epic "salvage" operation. Don't go alone.

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
I got money back from my org in the UK quite a few years ago. This was money I had on account that I hadn't used.

They agreed to repay the money without me doing a routing form but they asked for time because the org didn't have any money.

I gave them a few months then a few more months then I decided to stop "being reasonable" and took them to court.

They gave me the money the day before the court case. They had to get it from the Advanced Org.

Out/Int

Patron with Honors
None taken. I think the perfect example of what happens when a trusting Scientologist places faith in Church policy is Debbie Cook's famous email. Maybe she had lost faith by then but she wrote the letter as though the Scientologists reading it still did. Knowing what we know, there was never a chance for any kind of meaningful reform.

However, if you ask for a refund without reading up on the policy and they start to twist you around then you really will be set up for a fail. You should at least be able to throw the references back at them.

And be prepared for an epic "salvage" operation. Don't go alone.

I believe hundreds, if not thousands of people before us - threw the policies at them.

That was one of many reason's that I left.

It won't matter.

The only thing Scientology listens to - is Public Relations.

One must hit that Achilles heal or you won't have a chance.

The other clever trick L Ron Hubbard designed in his slick tech - is putting so many people on posts so no one knows what the other is doing.

The Registrar hits you up for a chunk of money - money you don't have but they wore you down and exploited your vulnerability.

You are in debt and hurting.

You are pissed you caved in - the Registrar called me a "BIG BEING" and said I would pull in more money because LRH says the Universe deplores a vacuum (true story for many of us) - greatest good for greatest number of dynamics etc...

You file bankruptcy and lose home to foreclosure.

The Registrar has no idea this happened to you. In fact, you are not allowed to speak critically, complain or spew entheta at the ORG - so NO ONE KNOW THAT EVERYONE is hurting, financially ruined and pissed off.

LRH weaves his clever tech into his "help" so you never tell anyone. If you bring it up in auditing - the auditor will turn the table on you and ask YOU WHAT ARE YOUR CRIMES..etc...they have been trained to introvert you if you start criticizing Scientology, tech or Scientologists.

If you tell the EO - they will say things like "Why did YOU do that" and "I was not there" if you natter about the Registrar's slick tactics.

People's true conditions are kept hidden from others views. One must really take a look at their fellow Scientologist's and see what shape they are in.

The tiny group in our ORG are acting crippled in life, failing, financially broke, not achieving their goals BUT putting on an act as if they are doing great. It took a while for me to see it.

phenomanon

Canyon
Thanks for your input but I will continue what I have begun, it's more than the amount of money, its the fact that they knew it was all I had and the principle of the position I was put in, we all know the tactics they employ. $1000 may not seem like a lot to you but when you have a negative balance in your bank most days after making that contribution, it becomes a lot more value than the $1000. These people knew I was struggling, that at one point I was living in my car while coming in and paying for courses. They still took every cent and pushed for more. Getting a refund and signing the waiver will be a welcome close to this chapter of my life.

Can't imagine?? That's a fairly bold statement to say that you can't imagine something... I will leave that alone.

I never indicated the church said they could help. No need that you 'suspect' what I have already made clear.

My post was offensive. It even offends me when i read it.
I'm sorry.
My message was badly worded and insulting.
I apologize.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
I'm sorry.
I apologize.

I didn't think it was offensive when I read it, but I suppose (as with any post) it depends on how you read it and how well you know the writer ... message boards can be tricky that way, we all know you so know you meant it in the best possible way.

Anyway I'm glad ImNoAlien is out and hope all goes well in the future.

:yes:

Out/Int

Patron with Honors
I'm sorry.
I apologize.

Now there..there Phenomanon!! :console:It's all good.

That was just a little of that Scientology Side Effect - Stimulus Response Implant the ole man implanted in you.

You are just running it out!

You are a good soul!:yes:

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks for the welcome.

I'm not much of a TV watcher but if Leah's show is as good as the reviews, I will take the time to check it out.

That's great info TheOriginalBigBlue, thank you. I'm expecting all forms of opposition as this is a small Org and they are currently building an IO, I'm sure they don't want to be refunding anything especially at this time. Fortunately having moved house recently their junk mail won't be a problem, and the phone calls I have refused to answer. I feel very lucky after reading about the level of harassment others have encountered. If anything of interest happens along the way I'll be sure to post about it.

Welcome ImNoAlien

Regarding your repayment ( deposited money on account ) not used. It might be small enough to be taken into small claims court. As far as I know no lawyers allowed to present your case or scn theirs. I wouldn't be surprised that they beg you to settle out of court But get everything written and properly notarized. Don't trust one single word from the org.

Moosejewels

Patron Meritorious
I N A,

In your initial post, you make a very simple and profound point when you refer to the fact that the Scios have all the answers. Until you ask them to help you with a problem and they tactfully talk your ass off and never answer or help you. Took me many years to realize that point. Amongst a multitude of other BS that I finally, to use their word, "cognited" on. Good luck in your future endeavors outside the "protective shield" of Ronnyland.
:thumbsup:

ImNoAlien

Patron
Welcome ImNoAlien

Regarding your repayment ( deposited money on account ) not used. It might be small enough to be taken into small claims court. As far as I know no lawyers allowed to present your case or scn theirs. I wouldn't be surprised that they beg you to settle out of court But get everything written and properly notarized. Don't trust one single word from the org.

Very reassuring to know they won't be able to set their attack dog lawyers on me if I take it to small claims court. Thank you.

I'm still in the early stages of arranging things, my requests from a statement of the amount on my account and an account history have so far been ignored by the ED, who was happy to text and call and ask if I needed anything until she realised I do actually need something. Since then, radio silence. I feel I need to go in to get an answer, but I'd rather stay away from the Org and the serpent-tongued Registrar if I can.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Very reassuring to know they won't be able to set their attack dog lawyers on me if I take it to small claims court. Thank you.

I'm still in the early stages of arranging things, my requests from a statement of the amount on my account and an account history have so far been ignored by the ED, who was happy to text and call and ask if I needed anything until she realised I do actually need something. Since then, radio silence. I feel I need to go in to get an answer, but I'd rather stay away from the Org and the serpent-tongued Registrar if I can.

Unfortunately, winning a small claims case doesn't guarantee payment. You may have to file a request to have the police physically collect. It would be interesting to see how this has played out with other cases.

dchoiceisalwaysrs

Gold Meritorious Patron
1) don't stop your action based on waiting for the org/ED to give you anything. Typical delay tactic on their part. And another foot bullet for them when they have to perjure themselves before the court judge.
2) takes trip down to the small claims court and or inform yourself on their website.
3) contact legal aid to help you adequately prepare.
4) contact some media ie: paper, radio, TV and Tony Ortega so they can record your case development and for moral support.
5) keep a log/ diary including mental and emotional and financial stress along the way

Don't do any of the above on my "say so". It is your life. You choose.

Last edited:

Karen#1

Gold Meritorious Patron
When you post the story of your rip off or Scam in the internet site called "Rip off report" it is there for the world to read 24/7/365.
And not just MONEY rip off.
Others have reported their kids ripped off for the Sea Org and then the disconnection.
What a great idea to report family rip offs. It is a rip-off. Moms give birth and raise their kids and aggresssive recruiters snatch them and then cult uses them for their stats.

About 94,800 results (0.49 seconds)
Search Results
Ripoff Report | The Church Of Scientology Complaint Review Internet ...
http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports...anding-when-i-reached-out-for-help-in-1051823..
May 17, 2013 - The Church Of Scientology I was a member in good standing when I reached out for help in 1998, instead of help I got put into an induced ...
You've visited this page many times. Last visit: 11/7/16
Ripoff Report | Church Of Scientology Complaint Review Clearwater ...
http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports...org-spiritual-scam-clearwater-florida-1102910
Nov 29, 2013 - Church Of Scientology Complaint Review: Church Of Scientology Flag Service Org Spiritual Scam. Clearwater Florida.
You've visited this page many times. Last visit: 5/29/16
Ripoff Report | Scientology Complaint Review Los Angeles, California ...
http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports...nd-my-children-los-angeles-california-1056134
Jun 3, 2013 - Scientology Complaint Review: Scientology Scientology took my money and my children Los Angeles California.
You've visited this page many times. Last visit: 5/29/16
Ripoff Report | Scientology Complaint Review New Haven ...
http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports...y-away-from-them-new-haven-connecticut-158979
Apr 24, 2009 - Scientology Complaint Review: Scientology Sucks! RIPOFF Stay away from them!! New Haven Connecticut.
Rip-Off Report - scathing stories of Narconon and Scientology - Ex ...
www.forum.exscn.net › ... › Evaluating and Criticising Scientology
Mar 21, 2014 - 8 posts - ‎5 authors
For anyone that has been harmed by Scientology or Narconon - please post your complaints on Rip-Off Report! See latest report - March 4, ...
American Power & Gas - another Scientologist run scam
10 posts
Jun 5, 2015
Business coach allegedly defrauded woman of $92,000 in ...
10 posts
Oct 2, 2014
Helmut Flasch and Helen Chen
10 posts
Dec 3, 2013
Narconon Ripoff Report
10 posts
Dec 5, 2009
More results from www.forum.exscn.net
Rip Off Report Best Drug Rehabilitation Scientology front ...
forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net › ... › Narconon in Michigan
Aug 24, 2012 - 4 posts - ‎3 authors
Best Drug Rehab cuts checks to the church of Scientology and reports all activities to the Church. This is a fact. You and your family memebers ...
New Ripoff Report alleging Best Drug Rehab fraud and Scientology ...
forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net › ... › Narconon in Michigan
Feb 14, 2014 - 3 posts - ‎3 authors
http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Best-...g-Rehab-Michigan-Lied-about-the-facility-and- ...

ImNoAlien

Patron
Hi all, dragging this post up for an update.

I have finally managed, after weeks of asking, to obtain a copy of my account statement. Actually, a photograph of a copy, but it's all there. I have a letter prepared to complete with the last details, exact amount etc, but I do not want to send it via snail mail nor let the Org have access to my new address to reply, and the only email I have is the personal email of the Day ED.

So, my question is, how do I find out where to send this request to without setting off alarm bells that this is what I'm sending them?

On a personal note - I'm feeling more and more fortunate by the day that I have been able to make this decision to leave without the need to experience the horrors I would have otherwise had to go through had I not been able to research and find the accounts of so many survivors. I hope that many more people like myself are able to benefit from the wisdom of your shared experiences.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
So, my question is, how do I find out where to send this request to without setting off alarm bells that this is what I'm sending them?

Could you clarify what you are asking for? Do you want to know where to look up org email addresses? How to deliver a physical letter without using the postal service? Or what?

Paul

ImNoAlien

Patron
Could you clarify what you are asking for? Do you want to know where to look up org email addresses? How to deliver a physical letter without using the postal service? Or what?

Paul

It would be nice to be able to lookup the email address, I didn't really think it would be that easy. Would prefer to be able to look up the details without having to ask the org for their email thus letting them postulate why I am asking for it.