ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Newly Exiting

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ImNoAlien, Jan 31, 2017.

1. This is NOT OK !!!!

This is NOT OK !!!! Gold Meritorious Patron

Sorry to LOL your last post.

Don't count on that check ever happening, especially with you departing from the area. Out of sight, out of mind.

That being said, it would be a pleasure to read that you did in fact get paid.

Bon voyage!

2. TheOriginalBigBlue

TheOriginalBigBlue Gold Meritorious Patron

I do hope it is that easy but I'll retain my apprehensions until the check is in hand and clears. Please let us know how it goes. This may still trigger an SP declare or ethics cycle of some sort and it wouldn't surprise me if they call you in to deal with that as a prerequisite. This of course would be an attempt to keep the money and "salvage" you as a paying public. Would also be interested if they type some kind of waiver or contractual type agreement on the check's endorsement.

3. ImNoAlien

ImNoAlien Patron

Ive already signed waivers, a statement that I refuse handling etc
    Just because I'm moving on, doesn't mean I'm letting this go. I understand the negativity of some of you, but I'm not the type that will just roll over and let them get away with their ill gotten gains. If need be I will take the next step.

4. TheOriginalBigBlue

TheOriginalBigBlue Gold Meritorious Patron

Let's just say "skeptical and apprehensive".

The policies, at least in my day, clearly allowed for refunds. The thing is, this is a very schizophrenic outfit and the application or interpretation of policy can depend on who you are dealing with. Ironic considering all the emphasis placed on standard application of policy and tech but you might get somebody who is actually helpful one moment and a complete jerk the next. From my own experience, a lot had to do with who had your back to run interference with all the crap. Maybe you will be fortunate to get one of those.

Internally, things probably started to deteriorate badly with the creation of the Sea Org circa 1967 soon to be followed by implementation of the RPF but from the public's perception the 1982 Mission Holders Conference (read: take over) probably marked the beginning of the long decline away from things like cooperating with refunds.

5. dchoiceisalwaysrs

dchoiceisalwaysrs Gold Meritorious Patron

Congrats.