What's new

"No case on post"

Carmel

Crusader
Of all the things in Scn, I think that the "no case on post", was pretty well one of the biggest killers.

I think it was so, because it became a constant, it had an effect in so many ways, and it's a tough one to shake.

It seems that because of it......

- Body probs were ignored, including the need to keep fit and well.

- Compassion became a dirty word to many.

- In order to plough on, emotional issues that needed addressing couldn't be, and so after the constant squashing or burying they became extremely deep seated.

- Affording oneself time and space when needed became associated with weakness.

- Accepting and/or wanting "inflow" became associated with being a victim.

- A desire for basic rights became labeled as "off purpose" - "out ethics".

- Taking well deserved "time out" became an overt.

- Nothing was ever enough, and the ever increasing constant demands and/or standards set by oneself on oneself, were always somewhat out of reach.

- Operating on adrenalin (and taxing the hell out of or killing off your adrenal glands) became the norm.

- Self esteem diminished to the point where it no longer existed.

It's an insidious contamination that creeps in slowly, permeates everything, hard to detect, and a real challenge to get rid of.

I think that there are times when the concept and discipline of "no case on post" can be and is helpful. There are times when ya need to get into action and put all else aside to be effective. However, when it becomes the norm and it's constantly demanded of you, and then when you eventually end up demanding it of yourself.....it creates "permanent" damage.

IMO, the "no case on post" was the fundamental element of the evil within Scn, and that the contamination it created was LRH's worst crime.

Ted

Gold Meritorious Patron
Of all the things in Scn, I think that the "no case on post", was pretty well one of the biggest killers.

I think it was so, because it became a constant, it had an effect in so many ways, and it's a tough one to shake.

- In order to plough on, emotional issues that needed addressing couldn't be, and so after the constant squashing or burying they became extremely deep seated.

- Nothing was ever enough, and the ever increasing constant demands and/or standards set by oneself on oneself, were always somewhat out of reach.

- Operating on adrenalin (and taxing the hell out of or killing off your adrenal glands) became the norm.

It's an insidious contamination that creeps in slowly, permeates everything, hard to detect, and a real challenge to get rid of.

I think that there are times when the concept and discipline of "no case on post" can be and is helpful. There are times when ya need to get into action and put all else aside to be effective. However, when it becomes the norm and it's constantly demanded of you, and then when you eventually end up demanding it of yourself.....it creates "permanent" damage.

IMO, the "no case on post" was the fundamental element of the evil within Scn, and that the contamination it created was LRH's worst crime.

I see what you are saying.

Although, pretending no case on post is case on post.

I always thought of case on post as out ruds, physical and mental/spiritual. That keeps it simple.

But, as the system went more and more fanatical, anything that was an immediate distraction to making the stats would amount to "case on post."

So who dramatized the most case on post? That would be LRH. Yep. LRH.

The subject is imbedded with his self-importance and know-best. Good workable data and procedure presented right alongside the LRH spin, all pounded home under an authoritarian training and management system. THAT is the biggest overt in my estimation.

But, that's just me and my take. I will certainly grant anyone else their own. :coolwink:

thefiredragon

Patron Meritorious

Yep.It's true. Sometimes it can be helpful,when people in up-tone but ussually it's like this:

Senior::hissyfit: "Never tell me you can't do it!!!!"
Junior "I'm sorry. That's case."!:nervous:
S::hissyfit:"Case on post it's a f..crime!!!Are you against the group??
J:No sir! It will never happen again!:nervous:
:puke2:

Well.. Sometimes it's like that..

minnie

Patron with Honors
"Case on post" was one of my biggest gripes. The need to keep up appearances and bottle things up caused some explosive arguments at times between me and others (which included being assaulted on a couple of occasions) or between others around me.

It also meant that I withheld myself at times from standing up to verbal abuse of any kind from any person who was senior to me on staff or in CLO etc.

Re body probs, while I was on staff I once took myself off to a naturopath who did a live blood analysis and a couple of other things. She was astounded over how I was still functioning. I told her that "I must be running on postulates" and truly I had been ignoring my body so much that I lost awareness on its condition.

This whole idea of not showing case is spread throughout all of scientology, unless in a session of course. It is one reason I made a decision some time ago to never have a scientologist as a boyfriend again after "case on post" seemed to apply within the home too! I broke that decision, and not surprisingly things didn't work out.

"Case on post" was officially regarded as a "crime" wasn't it?

To me, it meant less connection with myself, my concept of my own value, and my intuition.

It also IMO is most probably a common factor to any group at all which engages in slavery/human trafficking. Such a group wouldn't appreciate you expressing your case 'here' or to any government bodies. As can be exprected, doing so leads to threats of punishment. :coolwink:

La La Lou Lou

Crusader
The thing that got me with case on post was having read Problems of Work, and seeing the caring way you were supposed to address staff with problems, turn into shouting at people because they had a problem.

Reality went in stages, everything nice at the beginning basic stage, getting rougher till at the top you get people to beat each other up.

What a load of old sh**it.

The Great Zorg

Gold Meritorious Patron
If any of us could simply make all of our illnesses, problems, hang-ups, etc. just vanish then who would have needed scio, or anything else for that matter, in the first place?:confused2:

Ted

Gold Meritorious Patron
Per Science of Survival, "anything which raises a person's tone can be considered valid processing. This includes, of course, nutrition, [change of] environment, and education, as well as processing."

Nutrition? Not a steady diet of beans and rice, fast food, fast eating while under pressure, etc.

Change of environment? Not without a CSW that probably won't be approved. Not without a routing-out routing form that could take years to complete. Not a change like being sent to the RPF, or sleeping in the morgue at Big Blue.

Education? Not if it is an education you do not want. Not if the education includes more pain, unconsciousness, and threat of loss. Not if the education is limited and enforced.

Processing? Not if your stats are not up. Not if there aren't enough auditors to deliver staff processing. Not when staff "processing" is limited to Conditions and enforced O/W write-ups that are inappropriate for the case level of the person and when they end up being lists of petty morality transgressions. See LRH's own definition of an overt act, you know, the one that harms the greater number of the person's own Dynamics.

Need I go on?

I no longer hand out exact references so don't ask for details, but if you look in DMSMH you will find LRH stating that an aberree has but two choices when an engram is in restimulation: dramatize or succumb to physical illness.

If that is true, no-case-on-post coupled with no valid processing, as listed above, as is the situation with most staff, will leave a lot of physically ill people on post and/or leaving.

Ladybird

Silver Meritorious Patron
Great post Carmel! Great responses too. I agree with every one of you!

In the Sea Org you were expected to be OT no matter your case level. There was absolutely no tolerance for H E & R (Human Emotion and Reaction) or "case on post".

People often wouldn't admit to the most extreme problems, physical or emotional, until it was way too late.

I got to the point where I didn't even want auditing or even having my ruds flown in cramming because I didn't want my shell broken and all the gooey feelings to come oozing to the surface.

This attitude almost killed me and did kill many others. I would be dead now if I hadn't been declared for refusing to have an abortion. Getting kicked out and getting real medical attention saved my life.

Dark Phoenix

Patron Meritorious
Good thread, Carmel.

'No case on post' creates a very emotionally invalidating environment. I imagine the very act itself of abandoning oneself day after day, and so completely, must have a very underminig effect on one's sense of self and personhood.

It's interesting how so many of you continued to function and be productive given such unwholesome circumstances

NeXTep

Patron with Honors
Good question Carmel

"No case on post" definitely was one of the things that were hammered home on us amongst others like "Make it go right". These are mental conditioning phrases designed to shove all emotion and feelings way below perception level. This is what makes Scientology so insidious and Scientologists in worse shape than wogs. Scientologists are continously challenged to shove their emotions under the carpet. Until one day they explode in your face in the form of accidents and serious illnesses.

Off post time as such does virtually not exist in the SO, so there is no way to ever destimulate or recover.

Blue Spirit

Source: LRH

Carmel, you do see this from a clear perspective. I have often wondered how
things would have come out if the S.O. people had good hours, food, sleep,
enhancment, time off, and were treated with care instead of abused.

The source of all of this crap was LRH, a real enslaver from the point of the
Sea Org founding.

LRH was the ultimate do as I say, not as I do type.

He was a secret Abuser. Look at Alan Walter's writings on this.

He also abused himself by not getting his case resolved

and by abusing his body with smoking, drugs, and the SAD diet.

(SAD= Standard American Diet)

Kutta

No case on post meant not only no HER, but also no questioning, logic, reasoning, thinking, creativity. All suppressed. This is how you produce robots.

FinallyFree

Gold Meritorious Patron
AHHHHHHHHHHHH! No case on post words that never made me wanna punch someone in the nose more!!!!

GOD!!! Even my MOM would tell me "No case on post!" aaaaaahhhhhHH!!!!!! No matter where you are or what you were doing that F’n phrase could be sprung on you.

How I HATED that phrase!!! All it did was shut you up. Stifle you and your reactions, thoughts and opinions!

Let me ask this: Isn’t JUST saying that phrase “No case on post.” an evaluation in itself? Isn’t it WRONG to evaluate??????

Did I scream enough???? AAAHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhHA!

Gadfly

Crusader
AHHHHHHHHHHHH! No case on post words that never made me wanna punch someone in the nose more!!!!

GOD!!! Even my MOM would tell me "No case on post!" aaaaaahhhhhHH!!!!!! No matter where you are or what you were doing that F’n phrase could be sprung on you.

How I HATED that phrase!!! All it did was shut you up. Stifle you and your reactions, thoughts and opinions!

Let me ask this: Isn’t JUST saying that phrase “No case on post.” an evaluation in itself? Isn’t it WRONG to evaluate??????

Did I scream enough???? AAAHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhHA!

Hey, I will say it to you too FF, because obviously you NEED this R-Factor:

KNOCK OFF THE BACKFLASH!!!!!!!:omg:

But, also, I suppose Archie Bunker would have made a good Sea Org member - "Stifle yourself Edith"! :confused2:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
LRH was the ultimate do as I say, not as I do type.He was a secret Abuser.

He also abused himself by not getting his case resolved.

JPGGreetingsFromCEXcopy.jpg

Helpful Tips from Commander Ex

1. LRH was not a secret abuser except to somnambulists.

2. LRH could not get his case resolved because he did not have a case. He was the case.

3. The only tech that can 'resolve case' is contained in Ron's Assist Pack, "Remedy on an Unconscious Person". Unfortunately, it does not work on people who have in-ethics like Scientologists.​

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather

My question when they hit me with 'no case on post' was if I could just at will make my 'case' go away when I wanted to, wtf would I need very expensive Scientology?