What's new

Northeastern MEGARAID, May 2010

bluewiggirl

Patron Meritorious
Alright, ladies and gents. I :love8: ESMB hardcore, so you guys are the first board to get this outside of our local group. Boston has decided that we are willing to host the next MEGARAID in the Northeastern US.

What does a MEGARAID offer that the regular kind can't? Plenty. We'll have more people, more crash space, more party and more yelling at a building than you can handle. Megaraids offer a chance to meet anons, critics and ex-scis from far and wide at a central location, which in turn helps us strengthen ties between the different groups and leads to better cooperation on massive projects. Also, did I mention party?

Why do you want to come all the way out to Boston to yell at a building? New York, CT, and even Halifax and Louisiana Anons can all vouch for BostonAnons' hospitality. We <3 /b/ackup and offer it ourselves whenever we can scrape up the cash to do so. We are the nearest massive group to some epic SPs of note, including Patty, Larry, and THE gregg. Boston is also a purty city with an easy to comprehend mass transit system, nice parks, and terrible drivers. Wait, strike that last one.

So, ask around in your local groups and let us know here if there's any interest in making it out east. We will do our best to provide crash space for the destitute who scrape together transportation money but there is a finite number of couches we can provide, so let us know early if you'll be counting on the kindness of internet peoples. We can't get into the serious planning until we have a general idea of the scale we're looking at, so please let us know if there's interest as soon as possible.

Hope to see you all there!

Terril park

Sponsor
Alright, ladies and gents. I :love8: ESMB hardcore, so you guys are the first board to get this outside of our local group. Boston has decided that we are willing to host the next MEGARAID in the Northeastern US.

What does a MEGARAID offer that the regular kind can't? Plenty. We'll have more people, more crash space, more party and more yelling at a building than you can handle. Megaraids offer a chance to meet anons, critics and ex-scis from far and wide at a central location, which in turn helps us strengthen ties between the different groups and leads to better cooperation on massive projects. Also, did I mention party?

Why do you want to come all the way out to Boston to yell at a building? New York, CT, and even Halifax and Louisiana Anons can all vouch for BostonAnons' hospitality. We <3 /b/ackup and offer it ourselves whenever we can scrape up the cash to do so. We are the nearest massive group to some epic SPs of note, including Patty, Larry, and THE gregg. Boston is also a purty city with an easy to comprehend mass transit system, nice parks, and terrible drivers. Wait, strike that last one.

So, ask around in your local groups and let us know here if there's any interest in making it out east. We will do our best to provide crash space for the destitute who scrape together transportation money but there is a finite number of couches we can provide, so let us know early if you'll be counting on the kindness of internet peoples. We can't get into the serious planning until we have a general idea of the scale we're looking at, so please let us know if there's interest as soon as possible.

Thank you for the broad unification action. :)

Were I not the other side of the pond I'd be there.

Go BWG and Boston. :)

Div6

Crusader
I will be there if my schedule allows. Please tell me where to have the caek delivered otherwise....:D

bluewiggirl

Patron Meritorious
Hey folks. The time has come to get everyone in on the planning, so we've set up a thread on WWP

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/263-...event-boston-ma-may-2010-a-54210/#post1022602

If you don't have an account there, just go ahead and post suggestions on what you'd like to see and which weekend fits your schedule best.

Obviously we can't do everything and fit everyone's schedules perfectly, but the more feedback we get right now the better.

Hope to see you all in the spring!

bluewiggirl

Patron Meritorious
Hey folks, I think we're doing the last weekend in May unless someone really has a good reason to go with another date. If you're coming in from out of town and are planning on getting a hotel please PM me. We're going to see if we can't get everyone in the same place so we can work out a group discount. When I start calling around to different hotels, one of the first questions I'll be asking is about their privacy policy. Even if you aren't anonymous, there's plenty of reasons to be paranoid and I want to help everyone stay safe.

boston May Trip

I grew up in boston and usually always go home in the spring. If I can make it for that weekend I will. Nancy Many What a great time of the year back there...

Pooks

MERCHANT OF CHAOS
I grew up in boston and usually always go home in the spring. If I can make it for that weekend I will. Nancy Many What a great time of the year back there...

That would be great Nancy!

Boston really is beautiful in May.

Here's a silly idea you can think about over the next few months. If wireless coverage is available in the intended protest area perhaps your tech team could arrange to have laptops with skype & digital cam software capabilities available. That way it might be possible for some of the European & Oz contingent to be part of the festivities in a virtual way.

Mark A. Baker

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP

Has a firm date been set for this as yet?