ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Old Scientolgy promo video found - "We Stand Tall"...

Discussion in 'Scientology-related Videos' started by Smurf, Jun 19, 2011.

View Users: View Users
  1. TheRealNoUser

TheRealNoUser Patron with Honors

No matter how "tall" Miscavige tries to stand . . . somehow it seems like he ain't quite makin' it. :gathering:

2. TG1

TG1 Angelic Poster

I had never seen this video or heard this song until the past week. I was long gone by the time this thing came out.

A question ... what is that "thing" people are doing with their eyes closed? It looks like some TR or drill. They're all smiley and blind-acting, and one girl's waving her hands and grinning wildly.

Are they speaking in tongues?

TG1

3. Pooks

Pooks MERCHANT OF CHAOS

That's actress Noelle North in a Book I Co audit.

4. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

No, it's not glossolalia.

But it is glossaryalia, where Scientologists "go thru the incident" and use every possible term from the RonSpeak Scn Glossary to tell their auditor what happened.

And yes, per the tech, they must keep their eyes closed...

PC
    I am blowing up guhlaxies but I unmocked myself
    on a zero flow. My postulates were tone 40 but
    the theta universe went out of agreement with MEST
    and so my meat body became charged and I stored that
    as reactive images in a bank. Wow. I am free of that for eternity.

AUDITOR
    Your needle is floating.
    End of session. We will go to the
    examiner now. And keep your eyes closed.

PC
    Uhh. Okay. But if the session is over,
    why do I need to keep my eyes closed?

AUDITOR
    It's because you are a Scientologist and we
    want you to hold your gains and not get
    restimulated by seeing reality.

5. Krautfag

Krautfag Patron Meritorious

6. Gadfly

Gadfly Crusader

The words in the video are are example of what the Church of Scientology does chronically. Just as with forms of advertising, it aims to present certain "good and wholesome" ideas and ATTACH them to some bag of shit that they want to sell you.

For example, the notion of "fighting together for freedom" is a wonderful and glorious notion. Who can't agree with THAT? Hubbard does this all of the time - he tosses out these WONDERFUL notions, such as "freedom" or "a civilization free of war and crime", and of course ANY decent person will AGREE that these are desirable, and then he ATTACHES these nice ideas to his bag of shit! In other words, he does what he taught the Church to do - MISREPRESENATION. It associates great and wonderful things, things that YOU agree with, with HIS lies, claims and crazy fanatical goals and organization.

The words of the video do the same. It PRETENDS to "aspire to freedom", and sadly, some or many of those in the video actually BELIEVE that following the subject of Scientology can and will "deliver" this "freedom". But it is a charade. The actual product, the substance of Hubbard's claims are empty, and worse, they are aimed at something else entirely different (power, money, control, manipulation).

It's like the Budweiser commercial where you are supposed to assume (subconsciously) that YOU will be banging the hot blonde who is fondling the beer bottle, if YOU buy and drink the beer. Of course, the beer probably does no good for anyone anywhere at anytime, BUT they trick you into believing so. Scientology does the same thing. It promotes and sells one thing, while delivering something else entirely. But some or many keep believing the promises and claims over the actual reality.

7. Like a jockey's silks? :confused2:

8. i'mglib

i'mglib Patron with Honors

9. scooter

scooter Gold Meritorious Patron

Love it - thanks Glib :thumbsup:

10. Tom of Helatrobus

Tom of Helatrobus Patron Meritorious

We used to have to sing along to that video every friday night in the sea org. Catchy song. I guess enough people in the video eventually got out, so they stopped showing it.