ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

old timer

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Oscar, Jun 14, 2017.

View Users: View Users
  1. Oscar

Oscar Patron

Hi,
    I was a Scientologist for several years from the 60s to 70s. I left long before I heard of the space alien aspect, left because i decided to go into meditation, and I didn't like the tawdry direction Scientology was moving towards. When I entered, an org was small, located ( if I recall correctly ) on Bonnie Brae street in L.A, looked like a doctor's clinic, and, in fact, had a clinical vibe, even the Dianetics book jacket was "clinical" looking, none of the volcanoes, etc., the emeter was a wooden box, looked industrial ( now they are space age looking, very tawdry ) etc. So, it all so turned me off, I wanted no part of it, especially when it became officially a "religion" that, I thought, was over the top. And, all the bad publicity wasn't helping me wanting to stay in, so I left. I didn't buy into the idea that becoming "OT" was like becoming a God, though I believed it as a teenager, when I became an adult, I just rejected it it, it was silly nonsense, I thought. Anyway, curious to see what's going on, loosely following it throughout the years, and watching it go through so many changes, lawsuits galore, and the intrigue, is very, well, how many films could one make out of this show, hmmmm? Anyway, cheer's to y'all. I'll probably be hanging around. I gotta lot of opinions about this and that, you'll be hearing from me. Best, Oscar

2. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Gold Meritorious Patron

Welcome to the board. You might meet some people you knew back in the day. There are a lot of old timers here.

3. Irayam

Irayam Patron with Honors

Hi Oscar, welcome to ESMB!
    :welcome:
    I was in between 1978 (or 79?) and 1990.

Irayam

4. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

Welcome, Oscar! You were so smart to get out at the 'become a God' part! So glad you joined here. Hope to hear more, if you care to share, as those particular set of years are not often discussed by non-sea org exes

5. dchoiceisalwaysrs

dchoiceisalwaysrs Gold Meritorious Patron

Welcome Oscar. Glad you saw the writing in the piece of blue sky early on. :thumbsup: Looking forward to your opinions here.