What's new

OMG! This video is awesome

Gib

Crusader
Thanks to Knows who posted this video on another tread, The Good Experiences one, I'v'e never seen it before. It covers how [FONT=&amp]Anonymous and the Church of Scientology - Project Chanology got started.
[/FONT]

Take 15 minutes to see it. I never knew of this when it all happened. I didn't know 300 or so people were showing up at orgs all over the world all wearing masks and carrying signs. These computer folks did their homework, they knew about Xenu, fair game, and critics being harassed. I didn't know one guy went to jail for a year, his mom was proud of him for doing what he did, go Mom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRb6L7SCSro

Anonycat

Crusader
There's so much I could add to what this video covers!

Gregg is featured a good amount, which is good. He was an anon in Boston. He and Blue Wig Girl fell in love. When our beloved Denise Brennan was just about to announce that she was no longer Larry, it was going to be at Gregg's wedding. She was presiding over their wedding, in the Square in Boston, and that was going to be her first appearance as Denise. As the wedding day grew closer, she decided to announce her transformation early.

Gib

Crusader
There's so much I could add to what this video covers!

Gregg is featured a good amount, which is good. He was an anon in Boston. He and Blue Wig Girl fell in love. When our beloved Denise Brennan was just about to announce that she was no longer Larry, it was going to be at Gregg's wedding. She was presiding over their wedding, in the Square in Boston, and that was going to be her first appearance as Denise. As the wedding day grew closer, she decided to announce her transformation early.

don't be shy, I'd love to hear more.

Anonycat

Crusader
don't be shy, I'd love to hear more.

The beginning:

The beginning starts at 4chan. There were many subfora with diverse interests at that site. The one called /b/, is where Project Chanology was born. Obviously a play on words of 4chan, and scientology. We called ourselves Anonymous because you didn't have to make an account there, you just posted. Everyone's handle showed as: Anonymous.

Our own adorable pooks <3 ... so, that crazy Tom Cruise scientology video goes to Gawker, and they put it on their site. You saw the letter the cult sent them. They refused to take it down. It might still be there. What Sethdood said is very accurate -- we felt like they were trying to take our lols whilst trying to mess with censorship and more broadly, our internet.

We chose the Guy Fawkes mask, as Sethdood said. Believe it or not, everything was done by consensus then. The joke mentioned in the video, is that we called him Epic Fail Guy. More odd humor. The mask is a Chanology mask, not an Anonymous mask.

Consensus was that the trolling would begin. Granted, that a 4chan mod or two deleted a post or two that didn't show favorable consensus - thus possibly smurfing the vote. For the first time, Anons were going to actually see each other. A date was selected to do the global protest.

A woman in the video mentioned anons ordering pizza to be delivered to an Org. Anonymous trolled a lot harder than that. It had to be at least 20. The LOIC DDoS, and black faxes were popular for a little while. And then Enturbulation.org was born. It was the forum for Project Chanology activists. Then the global raids, as we called them, began. No one had ever hit the cult like Anonymous did, and I feel that it opened the door for exes to speak out.

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks for starting this thread Gib. LOVE your new photo! :wink2:

For newbies - it is time to kick that old hornet's nest

ANONYMOUS!

And another amazing "BIG BEING" came out of Anonymous - AnonSparrow!!

https://youtu.be/WA7BkQhbVNQ

Please watch "AnonSparrow" Suppress Scientology.

He was amazingly persistent and his comm skills - very effective.

Last edited:

Anonycat

Crusader
[video=youtube;1AoCW9Iz2xw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AoCW9Iz2xw&amp;list=PL0A9CA9E344A6F7EB[/video]

[video=youtube;nl7MRZL44oU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl7MRZL44oU&amp;index=2&amp;list=PL0A9CA9E344A6F7E B[/video]

Gib

Crusader
[video=youtube;1AoCW9Iz2xw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AoCW9Iz2xw&amp;list=PL0A9CA9E344A6F7EB[/video]

[video=youtube;nl7MRZL44oU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl7MRZL44oU&amp;index=2&amp;list=PL0A9CA9E344A6F7E B[/video]

What's amazing to me Anonycat, is that all these people who decided to protest and they were not ex scientologists, and show up with signs figured it out, that scientology was a cult.

God bless their souls, if you will. They are all hero's in my book. And as I mentioned in my first post here on this tread, I had no clue this was going on at the time, I was a kool aid drinker. As HH has mentioned several times here on ESMB, the scientologists is the last one to know. LOL

Anonycat

Crusader
What's amazing to me Anonycat, is that all these people who decided to protest and they were not ex scientologists, and show up with signs figured it out, that scientology was a cult.

God bless their souls, if you will. They are all hero's in my book. And as I mentioned in my first post here on this tread, I had no clue this was going on at the time, I was a kool aid drinker. As HH has mentioned several times here on ESMB, the scientologists is the last one to know. LOL

Since the first raid, they would happen every month. They were really fun -- we'd make a different theme for each one, so it was this great picketing-party. Of course there would be chocolate cake. After time went by, some anons did get to know each other. I was amazed at the diversity of who the people were. Students, professors, IT professionals, everything you can imagine. There were exes too. There was an anon who would only wear their Clear bracelet when they were picketing outside an Org.

But it was in some ways a very tight hivemind. The most amazing researching and doxing machine you can imagine.

Given the rich uniqueness of the culture, there was never one type - mad computer or researching skills were common attributes though.

Edit: You didn't see the anons outside the Org that you were associated with? There were hundreds there, too.

Last edited:

Anonycat

Crusader

ANONYMOUS!

Anonsparrow ... he charmed me to death. His voice, quick wit and comedic timing, and tenacity, made him popular with anons. Like most, I found about him when he posted his first video. He was a staff member at the DC Org, then after he'd left scientology, he made his new online handle, anonsparrow.

He was always so wonderful, while doing his one man picket. Then, a woman who was on staff there, filed suit against sparrow for stalking and harassment. It was a completely fabricated allegation. The cult took him to court. We used to talk fairly often. He told me one day, that he was going to settle. He was afraid he might loose his job. He couldn't afford ongoing litigation, and He also set out on his effort, with the belief that he could close the DC Org in 6 months. As evidence that the cult can also "lowball", sparrow settled for the amount of his legal fees.

Terril park

Sponsor
Since the first raid, they would happen every month. They were really fun -- we'd make a different theme for each one, so it was this great picketing-party. Of course there would be chocolate cake. After time went by, some anons did get to know each other. I was amazed at the diversity of who the people were. Students, professors, IT professionals, everything you can imagine. There were exes too. There was an anon who would only wear their Clear bracelet when they were picketing outside an Org.

But it was in some ways a very tight hivemind. The most amazing researching and doxing machine you can imagine.

Given the rich uniqueness of the culture, there was never one type - mad computer or researching skills were common attributes though.

Edit: You didn't see the anons outside the Org that you were associated with? There were hundreds there, too.

The first anon protest in London had 500 [ by my approx count] attendees
600 by other sources. The astonishing thing is they continued for 8 years or so.
The anons were diverse and a pleasure to meet. Lots of students, 2 at least
started university during this time, another finished her PhD. The only professor
I met was one I bought to a protest, Jim Beverly who later organised the week
long Scn conference at his university, along with Dr Dave Barrett who is
published re Scn. One was married at a sci-fi convention[comicon?] in
a ceremony at least part conducted in Elvish another was an ex hedge fund
manager, another with a philosophy degree who once stayed with Assad and
gave a very different picture of him that of the MSM.

WildKat

Gold Meritorious Patron

I love this video, GREAT song*! Really gives the visuals more impact.

* "Ladies and Gentlemen Please" by Saliva

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron

ANONYMOUS!

At 7:30 they say 3 RPFers died of asphyxiation in the boiler room. I have heard the story about the woman who was locked in there but not this.

Gib

Crusader

No, I'm afraid not, I never saw hundreds, I was late to the party to answer your question.

During that time of 2008/2009 I was not doing services at the org, I wasn't doing any courses or auditing. Reason being we decided, my partner & I at that time period, why the partner should redo OT7 as the greatest good, part of the GAT release by DM, new discovered tech. Those every 6 month sec checks, later called refreshers, where very financially a burden, hence we decided my partner would benefit more and I could continue after my partner finished the redo of OT7. Little did we know at the time, it was years, oh my, and costing us a small fortune every 6 months, like $20K.

We were scrambling to "make it go right".

So, I never heard of any news about the org or protests. I didn't watch the news on TV or the internet at the time, Ron said it was entheta.

At the end of 2010, I was persuaded to do the new GAT1 TR's & Objectives course, it was a co-audit, and only cost about $850 or $1000, so we decided to allow me to do it, in between the spouse still doing redo OT7. Little did I know at the time, the new TR's & Objections co-audit was a year long endeavor, like a few hundred hours, oh my, every fuck'in weekend truck'in into the org from a suburb about an hour away with traffic.

When I first started this co-audit with my twin, why there were some protesters there, every weekend, numbers would range from 5-10.

When I first saw these protesters, I was like WFT is this, who are these people, and why are they doing this? Nobody from the org never mentioned the big protest event earlier, I was clueless. So was my partner.

2012 I get the Debbie Cook email while I'm at the tail end of the TR'S & Objectives co-audit. Something is wrong in Denmark as I thought there was from my hidden thoughts from being around the org for a whole year.

i'mglib

Patron with Honors
Great video, thanks. I went to the first protest in LA (not truly understanding Anonymous at first) and then protested every month--twice!--for three years. Kind of crazy, but yeah.

ocmbsig-jpg.7372

There's an org that's a twenty minute walk from my house and every time I get near it, my flesh crawls. I'd love to protest outside but I feel like it'll just start a whole mess of trouble (and none of my friends are dumb enough to want to try it with me). What's a person to do? Part of me wants to save the people inside - like just a sign that says "call your parents" or "it doesn't have to be this way..."

phenomanon

Canyon
There's an org that's a twenty minute walk from my house and every time I get near it, my flesh crawls. I'd love to protest outside but I feel like it'll just start a whole mess of trouble (and none of my friends are dumb enough to want to try it with me). What's a person to do? Part of me wants to save the people inside - like just a sign that says "call your parents" or "it doesn't have to be this way..."

Print off some Flyers. Creep around near the Org during times when you can tack up your Flyers on telephone poles and so forth and so on.

Print off some Flyers. Creep around near the Org during times when you can tack up your Flyers on telephone poles and so forth and so on.

I think I'll do exactly that. It's weird - I don't have a "horse in this race" so to speak; I'm not in, never have been, and don't know a single person involved in the "church". But after years of reading every book, watching every documentary, and just visiting this board, I feel so incensed that I can't not do something. I guess every little bit counts right, even if it's just some flyers to start.