Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Spirit

Silver Meritorious Patron
AGREEMENT

O-B:

Yes, I get what you mean! : - )

Someone I respect greatly just posted this:

I will not mention the name of the poster, but what is said is what needs to restored in all of us:

"Scn had and presumably still has the potential to make a big difference in individual lives, when it's delivered with heart, and if it had been regarded as a gift instead of a commodity, if it had been treated with gratitude instead of voracious greed, if its staff and clientele were regarded as valued, irreplaceable immortal beings instead of as disposable slaves and marks, we could all have had professional lives, retirements, job satisfaction, and some time in the sun instead of the galleys and the mines."
Alan

Boy, I've sure had those same thoughts numerous times ! :thumbsup:

Blue Spirit

Silver Meritorious Patron
"ONLY ONE"

To declare oneself the sole source, and undermine others who helped, seems to be the dramatization of the "only one."

It is an identification with the universe, rather than freedom from it.

Vinaire, I had that same cog a few days ago, due to his selfish destruction

of others, mostly.

GreyWolf

Gold Meritorious Patron
I, personally would love to hear more from one who was there. From one who actually had a part in the discovery of the tech.

Respect

Bob

Free Being Me

Crusader
WOW! Thank you Allen for starting this thread and your valuable insights. Thank you Mystic and RogerB for your contributions. Talk about a chapter of a history lesson. I never knew so many contributed to scientology, that such incredible people with vibrant abilities and knowledge worked so hard. I'm in awe of it all. No mention of any contributors is mentioned in the CofS, it's all LRH. When I replay from memory the tapes and lectures I've heard of LRH chuckling over how simplistic his discoveries are when so many others were there doing the work (while he took credit for it) who rightfully need to be acknowledged it makes me think...wtf. Talk about a realignment of reality! I can also understand now why sci. is an implant. I hope you write more to this thread! THANK YOU!!!!!!

why did lrh drop the pc's own gpms for implant gpms?

hi,

my husband was studying the b.c. back in the early '70s, and his twin remarked about how the implant gpms took up importance and the pc's own gpms dropped out of sight.

why did that happen?

thanks.

RogerB

Crusader
Asnwer Coming . . . . .

hi,

my husband was studying the b.c. back in the early '70s, and his twin remarked about how the implant gpms took up importance and the pc's own gpms dropped out of sight.

why did that happen?

thanks.

I'll be chatting about that as part of my presentation at the up-coming Free Zoners Conference.

Word is, the vids will be posted here :yes:

You should get an answer then:) (Save me writing!)

Rog

Veda

Sponsor
hi,

why did that happen?

thanks.

Without trying to answer "why?," it's interesting to examine what occurred around the same period of several years. Around the mid 1960s, there was a shift. No longer was anyone being asked to look and find his own Goals, he was being told his Goals and these were now implanted Goals. The 'Fair Game Law' (1965) appeared, as did 'Keeping Scientology Working', the 'SP' Doctrine and 'SP Declares', and the 'Guardian's Office'. Hubbard started calling himself 'Source' and, a few years later, 'Commodore', and giant photos of Hubbard started appearing in course rooms.

Maybe this link, which contains a number of other links, will be helpful in the search to find out "Why?"

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=19183&postcount=1

dontscamme

Patron Meritorious
*bump*
In loving memory............................

One of the first things I saw this morning was the "ALAN C. WALTER R.I.P." thread. Of course I knew that he posted here, but I really knew very little about him, so I read this entire thread today.

Very enlightening indeed! It really helps to get the straight story of the early days from firsthand sources. Now I really want to read Dart's ebook, which I have already downloaded from one of DOF's sites.

looker

Patron Meritorious
Much love and thanks to Allan. He is a legend and will be missed.

Thanks to all for filling in the gaps on the early days This information really helps clear up many questions and mysteries. Its very healing.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
Without trying to answer "why?," it's interesting to examine what occurred around the same period of several years. Around the mid 1960s, there was a shift. No longer was anyone being asked to look and find his own Goals, he was being told his Goals and these were now implanted Goals. The 'Fair Game Law' (1965) appeared, as did 'Keeping Scientology Working', the 'SP' Doctrine and 'SP Declares', and the 'Guardian's Office'. Hubbard started calling himself 'Source' and, a few years later, 'Commodore', and giant photos of Hubbard started appearing in course rooms.

Maybe this link, which contains a number of other links, will be helpful in the search to find out "Why?"

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=19183&postcount=1
I've been wading through this valuable thread, and I like your observation.

Instead of people looking at their own goals, the concept of having your own goals independent of "Command Intention" was suppressed, and we were now to look to LRH for what our "real" goals should be, with any goal other than "raising org stats and making GI" being unacceptable.

Mystic

Crusader
It is indeed interesting to read the comments by those of you who were not at St. Hill during all that "goals" carrying on. I sincerely appreciate your views. Hubbard couldn't stand it that we might find our "own goal(s)" and thus become more powerful than him (in his view). And the really hilarious part, ol' Lips Hubbard never had a "goal" found and checked out.

And those of us who had our goals found, we were lollygagging around in the "Y" unit finishing our checksheets. When that was done, then we would all move over into the "Z" unit and "run our goals out".

(Oh gawhd, looking back and using the terminology in vogue at the time is just hilarious. In terms of Spirit is so childish, so misdirected, so lost in a never-ending mind maundering.)

BUTT!!!! Before all this finishing of the checksheets occurred, this is when ol' Lips Hubbard came up with his fkn Helatrobus "Heaven" implants and threw the whole affair of "own goals" out the window.

Another step in the revealing that Hubbard was NOT even this hallucinatory "thetan" he was so fixated upon. Just a common 'tulpa' (google it), a groupie apparition from the lower psychic darkness (aka Bardo, Pergatory, Between Lives).

TG1

Angelic Poster
Good grief! I'm definitely bumping this. If you can ignore the catfighting in the middle, this is a fascinating thread about who contributed what how and when to some of the tech by very old-timers. It's old-hat to you longtimer ESMBs, but fascinating to newbies.

Status
Not open for further replies.