ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

OT 8 parents declared Suppressive Persons for refusing to disconnect from son

Discussion in 'Freezone, Independents, and Other Flavors of Scien' started by CommunicatorIC, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Smurf

Smurf Gold Meritorious SP

2. La La Lou Lou

La La Lou Lou Crusader

This cult is totally bonkers.

You have people who can't leave the SO, endless routing forms if they try, guards to keep them from straying, barbed wire keeping some in who are even considered suppressive, living in hole, and you have public who are considered good income sources, declared, because they talk to someone who talked to someone who is considered naughty.:no:

3. AngeloV

AngeloV Gold Meritorious Patron

If these folks have been in scio for 40 years then they know the 'scientology ethics' policies very, very well. Now, when those policies are being applied to their family, the reality of what that policy means is hitting them square in the face. And suddenly, they feel the real pain that it causes.

They, no doubt, have seen this happen to *other* people time and time again and have implicitly endorsed disconnection for 40 years. They have intentionally cast a blind eye to all of the pain it has caused.

When one gets into scio, it doesn't take very long at all to be introduced to the 'ethics' policies. As soon as you say something like 'my mom disagrees with scio' or 'my friend says scio is a cult', you will be sent to the ethics officer immediately. They have snagged you into the cult and now they will apply the policies that will keep you there. This is where the brainwashing is really applied and where you learn about disconnection. Oh they won't tell you to disconnect right away. No, the policy is applied gently at first. But as you progress, it is applied harder and harder until you get what these folks are experiencing.

This is one of a great many policies that makes scio a CULT.

4. Sassy

Sassy Patron Meritorious

Oh FFS, stories like this are disgusting! Hey, CULT: Disconnection is right here, right now, all the time. That these robots keep parroting that it doesn't exist is completely delusional.

I cannot wrap my mind around a group that LOVES you & your beliefs, lalalalala, everything is great! We're your friends, give us your money, life is great! Oh wait, you're LEAVING our group? Ok then we'll never speak to you again. And we'll lambaste you in writing and anywhere we can. Oh, and you'll NEVER see your family again, and that includes speaking to them. Either do what we say & believe or you're completely OUT.

What the EFF kind of group is that?? I am more & more pissed off with this cult and so frustrated that this is happening. :angry::angry::angry::angry:

5. This is NOT OK !!!!

This is NOT OK !!!! Gold Meritorious Patron

Dear Sheldon & Sara,

I'm so sorry that this disconnection by your daughter and your friends at the instruction of Scientology has happened to you.

I hope you find your way here to ESMB where you will be met with open arms and love by a large group of people who have been walking this same road.

6. WildKat

WildKat Gold Meritorious Patron

I wonder if the "good income sources" dried up sometime before the declare was issued? Would they have been declared if they were still "good sources of income"??

Makes you wonder about the dilemma a reg would be in if one of these good sources of income walked in with $20,000 in cash but carrying a sign for all to see that said "David Miscavige is an SP"? Would they make them sign a waiver, grab the cash and THEN issue the declare? LOL! The mind reels with possibilities.

7. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Thank you!

The dark hole that you are shining illumination into is INDIE SCIENTOLOGY's DIRTIEST LITTLE SECRET.

From direct observation of and their own testimonials, it is quite clear that the great majority of "Indies" spent decades sycophantically grinning-and-winning every time their "church" or "religion" told them to lie, disconnect from or attack another innocent person.

It was only when their "church" turned the very same policies against them personally that they began proudly thumping their own chests and chattering incessantly about their own "integrity".

And for full comedic effect, when the reborn Indie is dutifully reciting the time, place, form and event of the unstoppable SP David Miscavige (whom they believe to be the source of all these suppressive action against themselves) they are always sure to quote L. Ron Hubbard's works to prove that "Ron" had nothing to do with any of the devastation that was visited upon them by "their church". The big laughs really begin when the "insouciant" Indie wrings their hands, lamenting how Miscavige didn't follow Hubbard's policies--WHEN HUBBARD'S POLICIES ARE EXACTLY & PRECISELY WHAT WERE FOLLOWED in lying, bankrupting, declaring, disconnecting and fair gaming them.

All these self-proclaimed (spiritual) war-hero-Indies would still be supporting, facilitating and perpetrating the very same human rights abuses & atrocities--had they been allowed to remain the victimizer ("total cause") rather than victim ("total effect"). Hyp-Hyp-Hypocrisy!

8. HelluvaHoax!

Well described!

In the past few years, when a good, tech-fearing Scientologist became the victim of the tech they worshipped, they would suddenly make celebrated, guest appearance on Marty Rathbun's website. They'd get the full celebrity treatment with headlines, a photo op and a pulpit to sermonize and cleanse their soul in the form of a public Doubt Formula. That little ritualistic "Indie rite of passage" seemed to be working so well. But now Marty seems to have retired from the business of being an evangelical leader, preaching wall-of-fire and brimstone in order to save souls and slay others with the rapture of reborn-Scientology.

So, there is no more red carpet and bright lights to celebrate cult members who don't like when Hubbard's policies are applied to themselves? This brings up a very curious question:

WHERE DO SCIENTOLOGISTS GO NOW
    WHEN THEY WANT TO LEAVE THE COS
    AND BLAME SOMEONE FOR ALL THE
    CRIMES & HUMAN RIGHTS ABUSES
    THAT THEY HAVE BEEN COMMITTING
    OR SUPPORTING FOR DECADES?

9. Gadfly

Gadfly Crusader

When I was first declared, I was very upset about the forced disconnection from family and friends. Who wouldn't be? It took me about 2 days to ask myself, "what the hell did I think was going to happen?" And, then answered to myself that I had seen the insanity going on for years, and I quickly admitted to myself that OF COURSE, my case would not be any different.

I had seen people declared and talked to various declared SPs over the years, starting very early on when I was in the Sea org since I was out in the field as an Advanceman or FSC. And, I saw and had to admit to myself that NONE of them were "bad or evil", and that Scientology functioned like an unthinking machine, steamrolling over decent people. That is one of the reasons I left the Sea Org and stayed on the far fringes of Scientology for most of my involvement. I saw how nuts it was and I didn't like it. I stayed away from it. I considered a great deal of Scientology behavior to be "entheta".

Now, I was never a gung-ho, rah-rah-rah type, I rarely went to events, I lived in Clearwater (to be near my kids) and had an answering machine (which I NEVER answered if it was Flag). I was OT III since 1984, but all through the 1990s, I NEVER joined the "OT Committee", never joined WISE, and had zero interest in the high level of enthusiasm and participation required of so many. I suppose I just never thought there was enough truth or value in it to be so closely involved. So, while I have a small bit of sympathy for those who get declared and suffer the shock of disconnection, also, I have the view that they ARE "responsible for their own condition". How?

They stayed and supported that INSANE GROUP for so MANY YEARS. They saw it done to others, over and over and over. In a sense it is Karma. They are getting back what they caused to others - if only through their "overts of neglect, denial and omissions". In a sense, ANY person who contributes THAT long and with large amounts of money to the Church of Scientology has truly helped HURT OTHERS. What goes around comes around.

It can be a tough lesson. :yes:

10. HelluvaHoax!

Terrific post! Insightful!

As far as Scientologists who run these nutty little campaigns to repetitively chant the words "church" and "religion" when speaking about Scientology--there is another curious principle at work as well. It's the "HUBBARD LAW OF 10" which states:

Even with 10 dictionaries
    10 word clearers
    and 10 pounds of clay,
    a Scientologist still could not understand it.
    Because of the 10 points of KSW.

This law explains why a Scientologist cannot possibly clear the word "cult"; or clear the word "clear" for that matter.

It also explains why a Scientologist can't properly clear the word "church" or "religion".

By Scientology standards, if the Nazis had used a cross instead of a Swastika and issued a policy "canceling" the use of the term "concentration camp" (because it is out PR), the Nazis would also be a real church and a real religion.

WHAT I EXPECT OF A SCIENTOLOGIST: I expect a Scientologist or Scientology facilitator to now post something non-sequtur about the word "religion" or "church". LOL (Example: "When I posted that Scientology was the only religion that could salvage this sector, I was merely using the word "religion" in sentences in order to gain full conceptual understanding. Hey, you shouldn't be so literal with everything everyone says!"

11. Enthetan

Enthetan Master of Disaster

This video explains the philosophy behind the Church's actions, with DM being played by the boss grasshopper, and the ant being the latest Scn to defy orders from management.

[video=youtube;tlWZZSD4irM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlWZZSD4irM[/video]

12. Mimsey Borogrove

Mimsey Borogrove Crusader

In as much as Scientology believes in the existence of the thetan as an immortal being, it is a religion. Hateful as that may be, there is no getting around it. Thus it is a church, if in name only. It is also a cult. Further, it is also a sociopathic, psychotic, narcissistic, delusional, moneygrubbing, abusive, brainwashed zealot producing, mind controlling organization. And, again, it is a religion.

Sigh.

You can say it is a cult wearing the vestments of a religion, it in no way behaves as a religion, yadda yadda, on and on till you have worn the letters off your keyboards and have cloned new vocal chords to replace the ones you trashed shouting in protest lines.

You just can't escape it. It is a religion. :banghead:

Mimsey

13. AnonyMary

AnonyMary Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

These people have rights.

http://law.onecle.com/florida/domestic-relations/chapter752.html

Just make sure the mediator is not a scientologist, like Jean Brasel

14. Lone Star

Lone Star Crusader

In Lone Star's Tech Dictionary 'religion' is a bad word. So is the word 'church'.

15. anonomog

anonomog Gold Meritorious Patron

Yup, because 20 000 brainwashed zealot zombies desperate not just to be one with God, but to be God, can't be wrong. If they say it is a religion, well I guess it must be.:biggrin:

Which reminds me of my enduring question. When does the brainwashed excuse end and personal responsibility start?
    Before anything thinks I don't believe the cult brainwashes people. I do believe brainwashing is a big factor, I just question how far it goes.

If the brainwashing is so deep and powerful why does it disappear the minute it hits home? If it is not brainwashing but an article of scientological faith, then those who are declared and still believing should accept their fate as for the greatest good of the group. No?

Re the OP. Mr and Mrs OTVIII are declared and writing about it on Facebook. I love it. Perfect timing. I am sorry they are experiencing the pain of disconnection that is so familiar to many here.

16. HelluvaHoax!

I can escape it. LOL.

If bank robbers dressed up like Catholic Priests, would that also be a religion?

You seem to be confusing the fact that Scientology is a BUSINESS that is hiding behind a criminal cult that is pretending to be a religion.

If one simply separates the RELIGION part from the BUSINESS (money) part, that solves the whole problem.

Let Scientology be a religion. Let them hold their sunday "services" and make "donations".

But the moment there is a PRICELIST FOR SERVICES, that part belongs in the business section, taxed and regulated like any other business.

Don't ya see, that's where the confusion comes into it.

17. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

I quoted all of this to have this added to it...it's from Richard de Mille, author of "How to Live Though an Executive", who is "outed" shortly after this. He transcribed Science of Survival in Cuba, a project he started there when Ron ran there with Alexis during his divorce with Sara Northrup. It was Sara that Richard de Mille was practicing "Black Dianetics" on at the behest of Ron.

Here's from an interview with Richard de Mille:

"When I got back to Wichita Ron was living with his housekeeper, who'd already made designs on him, but she didn't last. He enjoyed women, liked to have a woman to go to bed with and if the woman got pregnant you just had to handle that. Mary Sue was just another student in the programme when I got there. I liked her and we talked when we went out to dinner. Not long after that she got hooked up with Hubbard. She said she'd like to go out with me but I said I had to go to LA and said let's do it when I come back. But I didn't come back.

Hubbard was sleeping with his housekeeper. She was an attractive woman in her 40s. He didn't like to have a woman around without making use of her. He had a large old house in a pleasant residential area."

18. Lone Star

Lone Star Crusader

Ahhh but religion has always been about money when you look beyond all the fluff and bullshit. Scientology is just more overt about the money.

19. iHateDuplicity

iHateDuplicity Patron with Honors

I have never said this about any post before, no matter how outrageous, but for some reason this one struck me and I have to comment on it. I find this post offensive.

Who are you to think that just because someone leaves the Cof$ that "the brainwashing disappears the minute it hits home?" What does that even mean? I have been "out" for quite a while now (measured in years, not days or weeks) and I still to this day have nightmares of my life in the cult, the consequences of not following what Hubbard says, fear of their retaliation for me even being on ESMB and being found out about, etc. Not to mention the Scilon vocabulary that I am still having to get out of my thinking, the instilled thought patterns which Hubbard's writings groove in to how you look at the world, etc.

None of this turns off overnight. The lines are very blurred as to what is real and what has been drummed into you through the endless indoctrinations. Especially the "us versus them" mentality that all Scilons have, how they are "better" than the "wogs," how much freer and aware, etc. It took me months after leaving to get myself used to the idea that maybe, just maybe, there was value in other people and their opinions. That maybe there's more than one way to look at the world. That maybe there really is a God. That maybe I could actually talk and think outside the bounds of Sci-speak.

And just so you know, there are people, far too many, who have been declared and have interiorized completely into that condition, self-flagellated themselves for it and right now walk around thinking they are completely worthless. You don't, and won't, hear from them on this board because they truly do feel that they are the bad guys and that it would be "disloyal" to the Cof$ to speak derisively of their situation. Those are the people who can't break out of the brainwashing. They did drink the Kool Aid, and they are drowning in it still.

I'd think that anyone who has been on this board for a while (and I've only just been here for a small while) would have read enough horror stories from ex-Scilons to know what I'm saying above. The brainwashing is powerful and it is deep and it is lasting. It's got very little to do with faith and a lot to do with some pretty workable thought control techniques that Hubbard spent decades working over. That's my two cents.

20. kate8024

kate8024 -deleted-

I mentioned in another thread that I think a lot of the confusion here comes in because people who are trying to say "the church of scientology should not be considered a religious organization for legal or tax purposes" simply say "scientology is not a religion".

There are people who separate the practice of scientology from the organization, or at least see that people could potentially do that and when people say "scientology is not a religion" counter with the opinion that it is - because they are thinking beyond the organization and can imagine a situation where people could do exactly what you prescribe.