ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

OT Powers: Jon Atack on Scientology’s Promise to Make You Superhuman

Discussion in 'Tony Ortega' started by ChuckNorrisCutsMyLawn, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Gadfly

Gadfly Crusader

Jon Atack did the Scientology Bridge up to OT V.

At the end, in his last auditing, this is what happened (from above article):

I suggested that I might be PTS; that I wasn’t getting “case gain” because of some connection to a Suppressive Person. I was the only long term member I knew who had never had a PTS Rundown. The auditor asked who I was PTS to, and I had no hesitation in saying “L. Ron Hubbard.”

At this she visibly blanched, and even her iron-hard TRs were shaken. She all but pleaded for me to extend the list of possible suspects. I told her that it would make no difference, but obliged, anyway. She checked the full list against the E-Meter, but had to swallow her panic and “indicate” that I was indeed “PTS to L. Ron Hubbard.” It took a few weeks for me to realize the poetic beauty of this, my last auditing session.

I had spent nine years under the undue influence of L. Ron Hubbard, in the “agreed upon apparency” that is Scientology. I’d never seen anyone demonstrate an OT ability, in all that time. But we all pretended and put on our bravest faces. Or excused our inability because our “necessity level” had not been high enough. Surely we would have these supernatural powers once the need arose? But it was only make believe, in the Barnum and Bailey world of Ron Hubbard.

It is interesting because I myself also at times felt "PTS" to the oppression of Hubbard and the ugly monolith known as the Church of Scientology. The actual being and group who were actively keeping you down, squashed, unaware, and caught in an intricate web of lies and deceptions were Hubbard and the Church of Scientology!

Scientology is a subject and practice where the 180-degree Reverse Vector is ALWAYS at work. What you see is NOT what you get.

In other words take any idea you had about Scientology, or any claim about Scientology made by Hubbard, and flip it to the opposite. THAT is the actual truth! :happydance:

Examples:

The Road to Freedom becomes The Detour to Freedom of The Dead End to Freedom

or

The Road to Entrapment or The Road to Delusion

Usually you can flip just ONE WORD to acquire the actual truth of the matter. Or, add one word or a few words to arrive at the correct reality.

Take the statement, Scientology has the correct technology. Correctly that becomes, Scientology does not have the correct technology, or Scientology pretends to have the correct technology.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
  2. Lurker5

Lurker5 Gold Meritorious Patron

Most excellent ! I have the first edition of his book, was standing in line at bookstore to get it, when it first came out. Outstanding. As I understand it, the new edition includes information that was removed from the first editions, for legal reasons (co$/litigation, delays in publishing etc). Reading Tony's article this morn had me wanting to get the new edition, in the hopes it has more stuff like this interview in it. Anyone know if that is true? Anyone picked up this new book/edition?

3. ILove2Lurk

ILove2Lurk Lisbeth Salander

The new Kindle edition has about 25 passages by my count that were not in the original book (60 maybe if you count the short newly inserted quotes introducing the beginnings of chapters and some longer footnotes). I'd say about 25 substantial passages.

Some stuff from teenage diaries, racist remarks, quotes from the Affirmations, the official memo and details about the 1971 death of Susan Meister, and some excerpts from mid-70s memos to the GO indicating LRH was very much in charge of it all and running the show, and more . . . .

Sorta like a music CD re-release with a couple of new "unreleased live tracks." Just for the hardcore fans that have to have everything.

Surprisingly, one chapter is missing that WAS in the original physical book: Chapter 5 pages 284-289: RTC and Finance Police. Might just be an oversight re-formatting the book to Kindle. Epilogue from the original physical book, pages 397-98, is also missing in the new Kindle version.

4. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

"We intend to salvage this sector." coupled with the Affirmation "All men are your slaves."

Pretty telling, huh? Maybe there's an SP transcriptionist typo with "salve" and "slave"?

5. ILove2Lurk

ILove2Lurk Lisbeth Salander

Pardon my feigned naivete.

In all the reading I've done, the strange thing is I've never read a story of Ron accidentally slipping and momentarily showing a "superhuman" skill or power to the people around him. You'd think if a person did have supernatural powers at their fingertips that they couldn't be on hold 100% of the time. At least a moving astray or flying pen or a person lifted off their feet (ala Star Wars) in a moment of rage. :omg:

There's a ton of anecdotes in all the books and blog postings . . . just none of these. :no:

Hmmmm. Does anybody have any? Any? :confused2:

This absence would be the biggest and most obvious outpoint, if you will.

And yes, I know the answer . . . but just asking. :coolwink:

6. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

This is the closest I've come:

Old Timers and OT Phenomena thread

...not so much Ron but the experiences of others...

7. Freeminds

Freeminds Bitter defrocked apostate

LRH was a fraud, a failure and a loser, but never lose sight of the fact that he was said to be an accomplished hypnotist. What a few individuals thought they saw could be the basis for an awfully big chunk of the lies that Dianetics & Scientology are founded upon.

8. Gib

Gib Crusader

excuse me. :old: And I do understand from the point of view of the Jon Atack at the time, he was in and thinking with the pretended knowledge of scientology.

But of course he didn't get any case gain. There was none to be had. The only "case gain" to be had is in the grades. The OT levels are just hypnotic implants, placebo effect, yah yah's, carrot on a stick, you are now great "OT", everybody be in awe, Huzzahs.

The god damn PTS/SP tech is just BS designed to either keep people in or keep them silent or keep other members from talking to a person labeled "SP".

When did SP/PTS BS come out, the 1965 time period. When did the OT levels come out. RJ67.

Jesus already. Doesn't anybody else see this?

9. Mimsey Borogrove

Mimsey Borogrove Crusader

The reason Jon never got any case gain was his grades were quickie. 3 days on OT 3? three ints of OT V? Dianetic clear? Any FES would find these out points.

Let's put aside for a moment whether the OT levels are bogus or not.

I once was doing an FES on a girl who ran hours and hours of OT 2 - towards the end of her run she began seeing dark masses on her body. At that point she was asked to attest and was put on OT 3. When I routed on to OT3 I had the question - how in hell am I going find them to run them. I had not run hours and hours on OT2. An old timer, Doc Wellington was on course with me and I asked him that question - his response was that he could see them. I recall Dart Smohen saying much the same thing - something on the order of: if you didn't have a lot of lower grade auditing and really thorough runs on the OT levels, you wouldn't get anything out of them. Further, in the OT5 pack ( which you can read on line, and I saw on the OT /7 course room ) it says inability to run OT 5 can be handled by running more OTII

By saying that, I am not suggesting one should run off and hand your credit cards to the reg, but it is in truth, how any C/S would respond, indy or otherwise.

I read the w/s, I saw what I saw. I have asked others on this board what they got out of OTII and she was not an only example. Someone else had the same phenomenon.

Go figure.

Mimsey

10. Gib

Gib Crusader

who said that ^^^^^?

11. Mimsey Borogrove

I have never seen anywhere it says it's OK to do OT3 in 3 days. Did you ever read Hubbard on quickie grades? And his solo HCOB's and PL's on "Nothing found on OT 3"? Or are you referring to the time he spent on the levels? Read his post on Tony O's. Looks pretty damn quickie to me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he would have become OT had he run more, rather I am saying, per the tech, he quickied his OT levels.

Mimsey

12. Gib

Gib Crusader

Mimsey, I was talking about his grades before the case level of clear. You know Grade 0, 1. 2. 3. 4

Not OT grades.

13. Mimsey Borogrove

Oh - I have no info there. Altho I am suspicious when he says his needle F/N's easily. I once auditied a girl who could F/N her needle at will, every time I cleared the command she would F/N - she was by the tech at the time, a cleared command release. So I ended up quickieing her grade. I got a big ass cram for that stunt.

Mimsey

14. Infinite

Infinite Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

Indeed, lets put aside for a moment whether or not the OT levels are bogus and consider, instead, Engrams. Surely, they are Scientology's basic-basic bogus.

15. Gib

Gib Crusader

you were in my sperm dream the other night. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

16. Infinite

Infinite Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller

I think you might have me confused with another short, bespeckled, and frightened ginger . . .

[video=youtube_share;mGj1smf-_vc]http://youtu.be/mGj1smf-_vc[/video]​

17. Gib

Gib Crusader

if every scientologist went thru thru the birth engram,

they would be flat on the sperm dream and could laugh at it, tone 4 yah know. It was once very "engramic".

But hubbard bypassed that, that would be dianetics, with scientology and saying you gots "implants" from the pyschs, So fuck Dianetics, we gots scientology now and "what to audit" now called history of man, that's the basic basic on the chain of sperm dreams.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

18. HelluvaHoax!

HelluvaHoax! Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Answer: There was one (1) time Ron accidentally slipped and momentarily showed a "superhuman" skill or power. He went fully exterior. It was in 1986.

19. Gadfly

Gadfly Crusader

Hey, you left and said you were GONE. Don't try to weasel your way back in here posting . . . . . . :angry:

HI HOAXIE!!!!!

:missyou:

:bighug: