ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

People from London/UK/elsewhere

Discussion in 'Reconnecting with Old Friends' started by Steven James, Apr 30, 2007.

1. Mary

Mary Patron with Honors

Co-incidentally, a few days ago I was searching through Google for an ex-Sea Org message board that another member on this board had mentioned. I so much wanted to know how friends in the UK were doing. I gave up because I couldn't find it.

My daughter is in the Sea Org at St Hill. I haven't seen her for three years and I'm so worried about her.

2. Mick Wenlock

Mick Wenlock Admin Emeritus (retired)

Hi Mary,

The XSO Message board is only readable by members.

Mick

3. Tanstaafl

Tanstaafl Crusader

Mary, I'll be around the area in a fortnight or so. Do you want me to check out how she's doing?

4. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

Thanks John,
    I knew some of these people.

5. Mary

Mary Patron with Honors

Many thanks Tanstaafl. I just sent you a private message.

The tears are just streaming down my face and the anger and frustration broils up within me against this souless, mindless organisation - this unthinking machine that can take people's loyalites and love for their families and closest friends and tear them to shreds.

It is absolutely wrong and immoral in the eyes of any race, of any culture. The world should know exactly what is going on and just who is mandating and supporting this evil practice of disconnection.

6. Tanstaafl

Tanstaafl Crusader

I feel for you Mary, as I'm sure many do on the Board.

I'll do what I can.

Just PM'd you back.

Best wishes,

tanstaafl

7. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

You're not alone Mary. Not by a long shot, although, the numerous personal tragedies don't diminish any of the individual ones.

Hopefully the machinery will soon crumble. As it should have decades ago. But, it's closer now.

Have you considered contacting Grace Aarons?

Zinj

8. johnAnchovie

johnAnchovie Still raging

Hi Mary

I was very much at SH and on the UK scene till June last year, if you would like to pm me with her name I can give a you a fair idea as to how she was doing up till then for sure, and a bit of a predict as to - possibly - how to help her get out.

John

9. OHTEEATE

OHTEEATE Silver Meritorious Patron

disconnection

Mary, That situation makes me very angry and at times makes me burst out in tears, so I decided to do something about it. I was successful in telling my family story on BBCs' Panorama program, and am continuing to tell it to anyone who will listen. It's a bit of repetition required, but it is a long campaign, not won in a single battle. It is outside the other parts of Scientology to my mind. It is a cover up of misdeeds and altered importances, carried on to hide the criminal acts of those in charge, especially DM. You can find an outlet for your frustration and grief here, or you can join the effort to end disconnection as a policy by subjecting it to public ridicule and disapproval. Scientology must disown disconnection or fail to achieve its aims. I broke through my "training" and contacted the press through Chuck Beatty, and I am so glad I did. It's a huge load off my mind that I got into action on it rather than just suffering in silence. Much Love, and you have friends that understand, here. Mike:hug:
    QUOTE=Mary;17597]Many thanks Tanstaafl. I just sent you a private message.

The tears are just streaming down my face and the anger and frustration broils up within me against this souless, mindless organisation - this unthinking machine that can take people's loyalites and love for their families and closest friends and tear them to shreds.

It is absolutely wrong and immoral in the eyes of any race, of any culture. The world should know exactly what is going on and just who is mandating and supporting this evil practice of disconnection.[/QUOTE]

10. Mary

Mary Patron with Honors

Thanks Zinjifar, I will look up that name on the web.

11. Mary

Mary Patron with Honors

Thanks John, I just sent you a pm.

12. Mary

Mary Patron with Honors

Ohteeate,

I really admire your courage in speaking out. What you do is of tremendous assistance.

Reading the stories that were posted on the web was for me what actually cracked through the thick layers of Scientology indoctrination and made me examine what was really going on.

For personal reasons I still cannot publically speak out. I hope that one day I might.

Thanks,

Mary.

13. Mary

Mary Patron with Honors

Ann Lawson and Robert Lawson.

My very good friends. I miss you and hope that you can see through all the insanity in the Church. Grab the kids and get the hell out of there, for their sake, please.

I hope you might find your names on a web search and find this message.

Love you much,

Mary.

Last edited: May 16, 2008
  14. Pixie

Pixie Crusader

Sorry Alanzo, but that's 'other fish to fry' and 'not ok'.. :naughty:

15. Pixie

Pixie Crusader

Dearest Mary, I am so sorry for what is happening to you regarding your daughter. My heart truly goes out to you and I can only pray that she wakes up soon and sees the light. Hopefully the 'church' will fall apart sooner rather than later and your daughter and all the other families that have been separated by such evil will be reunited once and for all. My thoughts and wishes are with you. :yes:

16. Pixie

Pixie Crusader

Yes, Ron Norton was the one responsible for keeping my husband and me locked in the 'sin bin' at Saint Hill for over a week and would not allow us out of that room or indeed off the base. We were asking too many questions at the org as to why the 'tech' and 'admin' were being squirreled, we were told we were 'too noisy' and sent down there to write up O/W's. We had a flap in London where our rent had not been paid for months and we had been given an ultimatum and we told them we had to go to sort this out otherwise we'd both be homeless again. After endless CSW's (Completed Staff Work) they let us go but warned this was to be a monthly cycle.

We went back to the org and tried to sort our flap with my mother once again sending money, next thing, Bruce Perry and Bart Van Derlock came in, with Michaeli the LC UK and punched my husband in the stomach, frogmarched us both down the stairs (the three of them) in view of staff and public screaming at the top of their voices that we were SP's and chased us down Tottenham Court Road. They were like madmen with eyes bulging, I was never so petrified in my whole life, I truly thought they were going to kill us both and we still didn't know the real why.

We ran until we got to our car, we got in and I locked the door at my side while shaking like a leaf and crying, the car door was kicked in and they continued to kick it until my husband got out to try to reason with them, they continued to 'order' me out of the car screaming, 'you look like shit, you look like shit' and Perry continued to punch my husband. They stole our computers and all our belongings that we had on our offices and in Qual and then left. That is the tip of a very large iceberg, however, when I read those names, my blood began to boil over. These guys were fucking animals and there's no other way to describe them. Ron was a fucking two faced hypocrite, when I was on my EPF, his daughter was at the same time, however she was allowed to sleep in Daddies quarters and she used to sit on his knee every day while we were up to our thighs with no wellies dreging out the lake of mud, silt and every kind of crawly bug under the sun and if you said anything to her she'd run to daddy. I could write a book.. sorry .. getting carreid away..

17. Free to shine

Free to shine Shiny & Free

Crikey! :omg:
    I'm glad you are writing it out. Those sort of events haunt us forever unless we do. What pigs! Now remember to breathe...
    :bighug:

18. Lovesnightsky

Lovesnightsky Silver Meritorious Patron

It's true, you can't get proper bacon here. They don't sell Maltesers either. Phew... the heat!! I better get in the pool to cool down... life is so difficult after scientology...
    :runaround: :surf: :artist: :winner: :party:

19. Pixie

Pixie Crusader

This is the first time I've read anyone say this, you are right, for me life has been soo soo difficult after scientology. I've read most people have done so well after it but not me, I'm still very self conscious and introverted. Perhaps we just need more time to adjust and tell our stories. But thanks for that, now at least I know I'm not the only one that thinks this. On some levels it was easier inside cos certain life stuff was 'taken care of' and you didn't have to 'think'. But of course this was all 'unreal' and very 'abusive' so of course we're better off as far away from all those lies and bullshit but sure, finding your true self again is not an easy ride.

20. Mary

Mary Patron with Honors

Yeah, I know what you mean.

And I just read your previous post above. Crikey! Bleedin' 'ell! and Gawd 'elp us!!!

The wonderful thing about not being in Scn is not having all that insanity and stress and being pushed continuously to get on course, do your auditing, get your sec checks, come into the org for yet another ultra important super duper event or briefing. Get your stats up, pay more money and then pay some more money and then pay some more money into a bottomless snake pit of IAS, Superpower, library donations (ad naseum) regitrars :treadmill: who never give up, never go away.

Phew, thank god, I don't have to do that anymore. It is great to be in the real world and to feel part of the human race again.

But - and for me this is really a big one. I still feel that I'm only pretending to be a "normal everyday person". That's not how I feel. It's really hard to communicate when I have such enormous withholds from so many people.

My attention is very much on the fact that half of my family is disconnected from the other half of my family and innocent grannies and grandchildren and cousins and friends cannot meet because some of them are still in contact with others that others are not supposed to be in contact with. Some are still sort of in, want to be out, but can't say so because they'll be disconnected from others. One or two are pretending to be in and swearing others to secrecy about it because of their children. Some did a basic course or two many years ago and are not sure if that counts, and don't dared call anyone's attention to it because they might be declared for talking to who they shouldn't. It's utterly mind boggling!

And how in the world can you possibly talk about all the crazyness that one has experienced in the church, like the incident that you described. Would one be believed? It's no bloody wonder that I end up being very quiet and awfully polite. When really, I desperately want everyone to know about it and understand the full implications.