ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Petition on the downing street website to halt narconon

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by elias, Jan 23, 2008.

View Users: View Users
  1. elias

elias Patron

2. Snuffy

Snuffy Patron Meritorious

Wouldn't it be possible for OSA to take a gander at the petition for a new list of names of people to Fair Game?

3. elias

elias Patron

Doubt they can do much with names alone, thats all the petition shows. Then again I don't know much about how the OSA operate having never been 'in'. It would take a lot to track down a person over 4 countries through name alone I reckon.

4. Snuffy

I'm thinking of those of us who are exes, who OSA will already be looking out for.

5. elias

elias Patron

Fair point, but still 1 name over 4 countries is a bit of a stretch, surely? Pardon my ignorance if you think I'm being flippant, maybe I am just underestimating the actual resources the OSA has. :confused2:

6. Snuffy

No, I don't think you're being flippant at all. OSA seems to be able to get its dirty little hands on all kinds of info about people. Read around this board and www.xenu.net if you're uncertain of that.

Consider that any Scieno who was involved for any length of time and then leaves without giong through Cofs's own mind-bending leaving ritual gets declared a "suppressive" and can become "Fair Game" if they're seen to be speaking out publicly against the church. CofS has my name and address and contact details, they know who I work for and all kinds of other intimate details about me, so if my name should turn up on a petition to Downing Street against them, I'm sure they'd waste no time trying to discredit me and anyone else whose name they recognized from their former ranks.

The only reason I feel moderately safe posting here is that I can remain anonymous.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2008
  7. elias

elias Patron

I can see your concern - darn, I have so much to learn about the $cios. I am trying to at the moment and I definately agree that theyre sinister, I didn't think they would have that much reach in the UK, then again looking at the hounding that John Sweeney took after that panorama episode even when he was back here is food for thought.

You have given me a lot to think about and I see I still have a good bit to learn ;)

8. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

It is possible to remain anonymous and still add your name to the petition. There is provision for that, although you are supposed to give your real name etc. to the Downing Street web people.

I signed one of these a few months back, not a Scn one. I used my real name. But if I were to sign an anti-Scn one, even I would think twice about signing it openly. Great "church", huh?

But it's rather neat getting an e-mail from "10 Downing Street". :)

Paul