What's new

PI's & Pat Broeker - Tampa Bay Times

G

Gottabrain

I like this comment:

chris on November 29, 2012 at 9:14 pm said:

Despicable,as usual. How does the church get away with so much? They spy on a fellow Scientologist, the “church” pays them half a million dollars a year and after a brief bout of publicity, the whole operation is settled with no damage to the church. How in the hell do they manage it? They survive every crisis and don’t seem to suffer unless you count paying attorney fees suffering. I just don’t get it. How can they survive the slow drip of defectors, exposes, lawsuits and even murder? Somebody, please explain!!
http://tonyortega.org/2012/11/29/sci...-master-spies/

Seems naming Miscaviage in a lawsuit these days results in real cherry payoffs.

Must be da IAS slush fund!

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

From the transcript where Broeker spoke to his high powered Wash DC attorney about settling with Scientology.

Ray Jeffrey listened to the tapes with his clients. He says what struck him were conversations that Broeker was having with Gerald Feffer, a well-known Washington DC lawyer. In Feffer’s negotiations with Broeker, the issue was surprisingly small time and strange. Broeker wanted an old pickup truck, and he wanted Hubbard’s parrot.

“Broeker said he was in communications with Hubbard, who wanted the bird,” Jeffrey says. (Hubbard had died three years earlier.) “And this big attorney was negotiating over the truck and the parrot.”

This, my friends, is what we are dealing with.

A "Loyal Officer" of the Galactic Confederation who gets up in front of a worldwide audience of Scientologists and unleashes an incoherent mumbo-jumbo rant about upper OT levels being researched in outer space by a dead con man.

And he is "in communications with Hubbard" about the importance of settling with the cult by demanding he be given a parrot because the dead con man wants the parrot.

Are there any other questions on how mentally ill Scientologists are?

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
A "Loyal Officer" of the Galactic Confederation who gets up in front of a worldwide audience of Scientologists and unleashes an incoherent mumbo-jumbo rant about upper OT levels being researched in outer space by a dead con man.

And he is "in communications with Hubbard" about the importance of settling with the cult by demanding he be given a parrot because the dead con man wants the parrot.

There's no evidence that Patrick is mentally ill. He had what many considered to be a wacko belief system, but there are many people on ESMB who once held the same beliefs in one way or another. I grew up in Mormonism & theology-wise, it's as wacko as Scientology.

The transcript also says Patrick is a simple man, working a blue collar job without any grandeur (unlike Miscavige) and that he enjoys academic study & research. This might explain why, at the age of 64, he is back in college.

Smilla

Ordinary Human

From the transcript where Broeker spoke to his high powered Wash DC attorney about settling with Scientology.

Ray Jeffrey listened to the tapes with his clients. He says what struck him were conversations that Broeker was having with Gerald Feffer, a well-known Washington DC lawyer. In Feffer’s negotiations with Broeker, the issue was surprisingly small time and strange. Broeker wanted an old pickup truck, and he wanted Hubbard’s parrot.

“Broeker said he was in communications with Hubbard, who wanted the bird,” Jeffrey says. (Hubbard had died three years earlier.) “And this big attorney was negotiating over the truck and the parrot.”

[video=youtube;4vuW6tQ0218]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vuW6tQ0218[/video]

Div6

Crusader

Hoaxie,

Have you ever had your back against the wall? I mean HARD against the wall? In the "power politics" struggle between DM and PB, I think Pat knew he was outgunned, but as long as there was a PERCEPTION that he had "lines to Source" (vis a vis upper level OT Research, personal knowledge, etc)
then he could maintain some sort of "causativeness".

Not only was he aware of Miscaviges Crimes and Financial Irregularities, but he also knew Miscavige had NO CLUE about the un-released OT levels.
As long as he could maintain the perception that he knew something DM didn't, he was dangerous.

So I can only imagine the total WTF that Miscavige and Feffer were going through when he asked for LRH's Parrot! To me, it shows a sense of humour and a bit of "high dudgeon", if only in a Monty Python kind of way.

Please don't ask the world to conform to fixed ideas of "sanity".....I think we have had enough of that in this sector for a while.....:biggrin:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
So I can only imagine the total WTF that Miscavige and Feffer were going through when he asked for LRH's Parrot! To me, it shows a sense of humour and a bit of "high dudgeon", if only in a Monty Python kind of way.

Maybe Hubbard taught the parrot some secrets that weren't in his written leavings.

Or maybe he thought Hubbard would speak through the parrot.

Of course, it could just be that he had grown to like the parrot as a pet.

Paul

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Awesome article, datz sum great writing! :)

:yes::yes::yes:

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G S-T-U-F-F.!!! I still find it hard to swallow that I once worked for this outfit and the CommodeDoor Hisself. :melodramatic:

Like I said before, I think '13 is gonna be a baaaaad, baaaaad year for the Cof$, Scn un Der Weenie Fuhrer. :coolwink:

TonyO Rocks. :happydance:

Face:)

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is an interesting sentence for a "church":

Spokeswoman Pouw said the church seeks intelligence on Rathbun and Rinder because it has "an ongoing program to eliminate all relationships" with people who worked with or were associated with them.

yes, indeed it is...

arnie lerma

and the result of such a policy rings many bells here

Last edited:

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
I always asked myself, who are the people that get paid by Scientology to do this dirt jobs?

Now, I know it...

" Since private detectives whose names are known are suited for overt investigation or shadowing, but not for "covert operations," they, in turn, are assigned to recruit other personnel by the OSA intelligence department. By using this organizational structure, it is very difficult, or even impossible, to legally prove OSA's control. " excerpt from an Official German Gov report LINK

Unless of course they come forward and spill the beans...

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
When the PIs talked about the storage unit (near someone's house..Pat's house??) where certain documents were stored....now that part sounded interesting to me. It sounded like that storage unit/facility was probably burgled on orders from DM. (snio)

This is a normal day in scientology. In a tape recording of a lecture by David Mayo he describes Mary Sue bragging that scientology committed a break in per day... http://www.lermanet.com/mayo1.ra

----------------
(snip)

7. These guys are from Central Casting!

Loved it.

TG1

So was Hubbard and DM

Shortly before Dr Margaret Singer passed away her storage building was burgled.

The destruction of the evidence - be it paper or witnesses, or the minds of those witnesses or their perceived credibility is priority #1 for OSA.

HelluvaHoax!

There's no evidence that Patrick is mentally ill. He had what many considered to be a wacko belief system, but there are many people on ESMB who once held the same beliefs in one way or another. I grew up in Mormonism & theology-wise, it's as wacko as Scientology.

The transcript also says Patrick is a simple man, working a blue collar job without any grandeur (unlike Miscavige) and that he enjoys academic study & research. This might explain why, at the age of 64, he is back in college.

Yeah, I guess you're right.

Dead con men doing research in outer space...

Intergalactic Gurus telepathically retrieving parrots back on earth.

I guess I jumped the gun. Thinking it over now, that stuff does sound perfectly normal. Sorry.

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
Pat's been living in obscurity for decades.. I suspect if he had any documents, he disposed of them long ago.. what would be the purpose of holding onto something for that many years when it involved a past he wanted to put behind him?

Insurance

That is precisely why I hang onto certain documents

HelluvaHoax!

The point is that Scientology MAKES people mentally ill.

Leaving Scientology typically makes them un-mentally ill.

Good for Patrick if he is recovering from his delusions.

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
It would have been difficult for the PIs to jump a private fence & avoid security cameras to observe what Broeker had in his storage unit, much less be able to break in to it, without being seen by someone.

yes but with the kind of money they were being paid - I would have rented a storage unit there myself. That would take care of the fence and my being seen on cameras... then when I went to break in, my partner would goto the office to talk about our rental unit and keep them busy...and their eyes off the cameras

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Yeah, I guess you're right. Dead con men doing research in outer space. Intergalactic Gurus telepathically retrieving parrots back on earth.

I guess I jumped the gun. Thinking it over now, that stuff does sound perfectly normal. Sorry.

Can you prove it's not true? Just because you don't believe it, doesn't make it untrue. Just saying...

There's an estimated 1.6 billion Muslims in the world that believe faithful men will be rewarded with virgins after they die, proof that there alot of people in the world with wacko beliefs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_world

afaceinthecrowd

Gold Meritorious Patron
Can you prove it's not true? Just because you don't believe it, doesn't make it untrue. Just saying...

There's an estimated 1.6 billion Muslims in the world that believe faithful men will be rewarded with virgins after they die, proof that there alot of people in the world with wacko beliefs.

I can't prove it's not true but I do know that all my theta comm with El Ron turned out to be a bunch of BS. Maybe Hisself was just F'n with me one last time. :confused2:

Face:)

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
Yeah, I guess you're right.

Dead con men doing research in outer space...

Intergalactic Gurus telepathically retrieving parrots back on earth.

^^^^^ :lol:

The article by Tony O was excellent! :thumbsup:

HelluvaHoax!

Can i prove that Ron Hubbard didn't causatively shed his encumbrance and exteriorize into in outer space where he is now researching advanced OT levels?

I don't need to prove that he didn't do that. Or prove that he did do that.

The answer is obvious.

That's why I am not mentally ill.

The only "Release" achieved by Scientology is when you release Scientology.