What's new

Please Help. Need to get back my pc folders back.

He has a gyrating penis on his head.

Just sayin'. :biggrin:

THAT'S A DANCING HAMSTER UNDER HIS HAT!!! :biggrin: Or maybe a gopher...:unsure:

Don't scare the Newbie! :welcome:

Welcome Knowledge! :) I'm glad you could join us. You have a right to your pc folders, I'm sure. Others here are giving you good advice. Send Schwimmy a personal message (private between the two of you) and ask him for his advice. :runaround:

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Thank you for that:yes: I will send him a post about this matter. I know my legal rights when it comes to personal autonomy rights in the medical/counseling field, but don't have a clue when it comes to Scientology. They have their own rules...
Whups! - I'm not aware of anybody who has ever gotten their PC folders back.. Anywhere..

As for the danish laws.. Not that I'm any expert.. The cult can't legally keep personal information without your consent. That's what the law says I think.. Which doesn't mean they have to give it to you, rather it means that they have to destroy it.. Which they'll promise to do, allthough they have Hubbard policies that says the must not.. So they'll make a copy and destroy it I think.

Anyways, if the law says they must hand it over, they conveniently will have lost it.

I recently did try to find the laws about privacy on the web to figure this out.. I got a headache from that.. Hmm..

It IS an interesting idea to have an attorney request the docs, like Flourish suggested.. (and welcome to ESMB Flourish :) ) A lawyer will know whether you have a 'case' or not.. The cult will take that as a legal threath and promptly declare you. That's 'cult' policy.. Wouldn't bother me none, but I sense that you wish to be less agressive?

Scientology WILL have to adhere to the danish law in this country! - Their 'own' rules do not apply.. But as have been said already, they will do what they damn well please. And danish authorities have shown a marked reluctance to take them on.. In that respect Denmark is no better than USA really.

Hey! - Welcome to ESMB. :hattip:

Last edited:

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
If you want my opinion...? Forget all about your folders.

Right now, you're (effectively) anonymous. Apart from the "25 years..." clue, nobody has any idea who you are. You're just another public that has fallen off-lines. One of many thousands, as Scn has shrunk by more than half since this century began.

Until you draw attention to yourself, nobody's going to pay attention to your PC folder... no matter what you feel that you confessed over the years. So much of Scientology is founded upon make-believe and ego-massaging nonsense (past lives, for example) that nothing recorded there could really be held against you. Also, it will have been recorded with classic Sciento-incompetence, interpreted with classic Sciento-buzzword-of-the-month drivel, and filed with classic Sciento-all-hands-urgency... meaning that if it can be found at all, it's probably more trouble that it's worth. More than a few PC folders have turned up in dumpsters before now, you know... Document storage is expensive, and Scientology is obsessed with making money, not spending it. When your city's Ideal Org scam fails (as they all do, nowadays) your documents will be torched. Failing Scieno-scams often lead to arson, as we know.

Now, if the Scientology victims do decide that you need to be attacked, and they try to release information about you... think about where Scientology's reputation is nowadays. To many people (including a lot of journalists) Scientology equates to "cult of liars, created by a liar"... so any information they try to leak about you will most likely be interpreted as the desperate act of a spiteful, failing mafia-like organisation.

Unless you really want to stir up some trouble, I doubt anybody will ever look inside your PC folder again. If you get yourself labelled as an SP, and if OSA are stronger in Denmark than I think... maybe. But in general OSA seems to be a pale and feeble imitation of what it once was: look at the farce of the 'Squirrel Busters'. If that's all they can manage against Marty the 'arch enemy of Scientology', they're not going to manage a whole lot against you.

You're out. You're back in society. Welcome! Society has changed a LOT in the last 25 years. There are very few taboos left. I doubt there's much in your folders that would even seem interesting, never mind scandalous.

Leave the remnant of Scientology sitting on its pile of dusty old documents... and have a great life!

Lohan2008

Gold Meritorious Patron
pc folders back.

Good'day KnowledgeisPower,
Run do not walk away from the burning building...

Your file is just natter;
do not go back with out legal back up, make sure you read up the posts on getting back your money as any on "account" is yours.

Write up a letter of resignation and post it on ESMB.

Start writing up your book, there are at least 6 book published by EX-members already.

Google: Counterfeit dreams, Billion year contract, Abuse at the top, Blown for good, A piece of blue sky

http://counterfeitdreams.blogspot.com/

Reasonable

Silver Meritorious Patron
Hi, I am new to the board. I am an ex scientologist (over 25 years although I was never in the SO).

25 years? I doubt they could find your folders even if it was for their benefit. Unless you are famous and they need to slander you why would they bother. I would just move on.

Div6

Crusader
The EU (depending upon how long it will last) has specific laws concerning Privacy, and individual rights there to, outlined here:
http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/individuals/rights/index_en.htm

Recently individuals in EU have requested all personal information from, for example, Facebook, and recieved over 70 CD's of information in response.

I do not know of anyone approaching the CoS in this fashion for their information, but it would be interesting, to say the least, to see how they would respond.

Another famous "Ex" from Denmark is Robert Dam: http://www.robertdam-cos.dk/

And welcome to ESMB.

xseaorguk

Patron Meritorious
I have memories of Saint Hill, where there were rooms of folders.
You could hardly move in there.
Some people had huge stacks just for them, some tatty and marked with red and green markers.
Often pages or the covers had deteriorated and were held on with rubber bands.
It made me feel weird to even see the outside of such information, as I always wondered how I managed to get so close to them.
In fact they would have been accessable by anyone in that room and I can imagine that some people had a good read in them.
My own folder, which I last saw in ethics also gave me a horrible feeling in my stomach, as I felt that part of my personal life was in there, and it didn't seem right, that it was being handed around to various individuals, just cos I wanted to leave.
I can imagine that it now also lays somewhere in such a dusty, damp room, squashed by a pile of other peoples "confessions":yes:

Challenge

Silver Meritorious Patron
Thank you. I've been reading a lot of the threads on on this board, the past days. They are really helping me a lot and given me a lot of reassurance with the feelings I've been dealing with lately towards Scientology and it's orgs. It's only quite recent that I have come to realise how damaging Scientology is and has been to many ex scientologists (Unfortunately a bit late but better late than never).
As for which country I am in: Denmark.
I really dread the thought of going to the org and asking for them. At this point I don't want to see any scientologists. I know it will also be unpleasant for me to walk into the org and ask for my folders back.I can hardly be bothered with their robotic glaring look and more treatment of 'you are a supressive person'. But I will do what ever it takes to get these folders back because these are my rights. I just don't have enough information on how this works. So I want to atleast be prepared for what I should expect.

Don't let them suspect that you want them.
What you should do is: take your time, work out a plan, and Steal them.
You might can just walk up to Course Admin and tell him to give you the folders. Sign them out. Walk away. Walk out. Never look back.

challenge

greebly

Patron with Honors
Hi, I am new to the board. I am an ex scientologist (over 25 years although I was never in the SO). I don't have much knowledge of how the internal matters work inside the church. I have recently had my last straw with scientology and want to disconnect from the church. There is just one problem - they have my pc folders and I want them back as I dont want them having my personal data and they have no right to keep them. I have not yet asked for them back because I'm not ready to make it known that I want nothing to do with the church - At least not untill I get my folders back. So my question is, if I walk in the church and ask for them back, will they give them back or how does this work? And how do I know that they will give all my personal files back? And is there a seperate ethics folder or do they stack that one into the pc folder? What are my legal rights on this? I don't recall sighning any papers stating that they are entitled to keep these folders (unless that one slipped through the bunches). I am also afraid that they have or will make copies of my files:no:
It would mean a lot if someone could help me on this matter.

Hi knowledge I have been looking into this law recently for various reasons:wink:

Here is a good place to start.

http://www.datatilsynet.dk/english/

the law itself has been amended many times so the language barrier is a problem for me. Please let me know how you wish to proceed and any progress.

You can do so via PM if you wish.

@ greebly. Thank you for the link. I have decided to leave my pc folders at the org - for now I dont really have the mental energy/strength to go too much into it and so I have decided it would be too much of an effort at this point. If the church decides to use my personal data against me, I will def. start there. Thank you very much for the link.

@SweetnessandLight. I agree, there are both good and less good nurses. It really does depend on their own integrity level. I am on to my 4th semester and I'm loving it :) I love the subjects and the practicles.

@xseaorguk. 'In fact they would have been accessable by anyone in that room and I can imagine that some people had a good read in them.'
The above was my reason for wanting my folders back. It's very unconfertable to have all one's personal date floating around for others to read, not to mention how the information gets spread as rumours - very unconfertable feeling.
I remember one of the ex SO (also ex scientology kid) was sitting in my room with other people and going on about very very personal history of other ex SOs. As far as I remember she said that that information was from the pc's auditing session. I was shocked that she was telling me this information and how it had gotten in the hands of other people that had nothing to do with his case.

@anonomog. Thank you and the same to you :)

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)
KIP - it is good to see you are out, whatever help you need please feel free to ask many of the people on here.

On a personal note many thanks for what you did yesterday. You made our Christmas. - apologies to everyone else for my being cryptic but I am not sure how much KIP would be comfortable revealing so I am being extremely cagey. But you can know that KIP is who they say they are.

As for your PC folders - IIRC the European Union has fairly stringent personal privacy laws. Maybe consult the office of the Ombudsman?

There are several awesome people on these boards who are danish who I am sure would be willing to listen and to help. I know Schwimmy and you can rely on him.

You have friends KIP - lots of them.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
I think there is little that makes me more angry than child abuse in scientology. :grouch: That is a heartrending story and thankyou for having the courage to tell it here.

If you have a minute, could you edit that post with some paragraphs to make it easier to read? No-one should skip over it because it looks too long. :thumbsup: