ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Question For Removing Name From Scientology Completion Service Website

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Out-Ethics, Jun 28, 2011.

View Users: View Users
  1. justin

justin Patron

My turn for what?

2. MrNobody

MrNobody Who needs merits?

Your turn to answer (at least some of) the questions you've been asked right here in this thread.

3. justin

justin Patron

Such as?

4. MrNobody

DYODW

5. justin

justin Patron

^ To my knowledge I haven't been asked any civil questions that I haven't answered. If you think there is an unanswered question then please provide the post # and I will give it my utmost attention. Thanks.

6. MrNobody

If you want me to do your own dirty work, l charge by the minute. How much do you offer?

7. Emma

Emma Con te partirĂ² Administrator

I politely asked you to give one or two examples of "damage" that Kristi's site has done to anyone. Not "what ifs" , not "possibilities" but actually examples of damage.

8. MrNobody

Oh shucks, how can I make a decent living when you're interfering with my business? :duh:

:giggle:

9. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

If one is not a scientologist but has been it shouldn't apply. And
    breaks no law. [ best I know]

But it would apply.

Thus a comment on her website that one is no longer a scilon
    would be good and also indicates how much discontent there is.

10. jenni with an eye

jenni with an eye Silver Meritorious Patron

One that asks a lot of questions, comes across as rude and insulting, attempts to answer questions by asking questions thus failing to provide specific answers to questions asked of him certainly comes across as, gee.... I don't know.... dare I make some suggestions.....

:stir:

:bully:

:dontfeedtrolls:

11. justin

justin Patron

I have a number of friends who have reported difficulties traced back to Kristi's site and have heard of many more. Hence my comments and feelings. There have also been at least a few on this thread who have reported difficulties and concerns about their own survival as a result of the site. My data is similar to theirs with a few more severe cases such as loss of employment/income and ostracization.

But, why not save some time? You and I know you wouldn't accept any such examples anyway so why bother to argue about them? Your mind's made up, obviously, and so are the minds of the members who have shown me nothing but enmity since my first comment on this thread (a few have been courteous and I thank them for that).

The consensus among the locals appears to be that I have dared to do the unthinkable on this thread:

- expressed the opinion that Kristi's web site is doing more harm than good (as the OP and some others here seem to affirm)
    - asked for specific instances of Kristi's web site benefiting someone
    - failed to sit still for rudeness and insults without returning same.
    Oh my. What abject horrors you have had to endure by my presence! :omg:

For those who agree that Kristi's site is damaging but who have not spoken up ... my opinion is that you have only yourselves to blame. Silence when given the opportunity to speak is a form of consent. If peer approval (or whatever your reason) is more important to you than the quality of your life then so be it.

By the way, I count 4 alleged instances posted here of Kristi'e site actually helping someone. How many instances are there of it causing trouble or hardship? I personally know of a lot more than 4 and I suspect there are far more examples of harm than that. But you decide. It doesn't really affect me personally very much as I've said.

Now, since I am not one to ignore a hint nor one to remain where I am not wanted, I will leave you all.

Nice place you have here. :no:

Bye

12. MrNobody

Thanks.

13. Mick Wenlock

Mick Wenlock Admin Emeritus (retired)

I am not sure i follow your logic here Terrill - in the eyes of the German Government (I presume) having been a member of a totalitarian fascist cult makes you ineligible for government work. What's wrong with that? ex NAZIs are also banned AFAIK.

Merely saying you are no longer in it isn't the point.

14. Mick Wenlock

bye, don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.

15. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

Most people who have been members of CO$ wouldn't have
    known the dark side.

16. hartley

hartley Patron with Honors

This whole subject was discussed in forums at length when it first came up a long while ago - probably only Pooks here also remembers back that far! Kristi was well aware of the problem and was concerned about it, but concluded that without publishing actual names the database would be not be useable by its intended readers as it could not then be verified. The Church would simply claim it was inaccurate/totally false/selective. As it is, it can be checked against the original publications.
    IIRC the majority agreed with her, and thought that republishing data that was already publically available was acceptable. This isn't a perfect world with simple moral answers to everything - that kind of place only exists, well, inside cults.

It has been suggested that the database has no value. This is not correct. It was set up to examine one aspect of the Church's claim that it was constantly growing, in that if it was then the number of completions should also be growing. That is after all the reason for the Church's existence - to get people up the Bridge.
    I should declare an interest here - my database of Orgs/Missions has the same purpose. Anecdotal evidence ("the course rooms at my local Org are empty!") isn't enough, since as every CoS member is supposed to believe stats are booming in Bulgravia, or... Freedonia, or... somewhere.

It has also inadvertantly had other uses. For example, CoS(Australia) once claimed that a family in a murder case had only marginal contact with Scientology, but the database showed that they were major donors (it was another 'they took her off her meds' tragedy).

This is the Information Age, and like it or not a small fraction of is going to about US, and not other people. People do judge you by your past, that's life.

PS: In 'Inside Scientology' which I've just finished reading the author makes references to the database and thanks Kristi for her work.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
  17. Mick Wenlock

You are probably right Terrill, but they made a mistake, a big one. The way to handle that mistake would not be to lie about it so you could get a job.

18. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

They may not have an opportunity to comment at all in that they
    were never given an interview.

Its well known that most who got into scn didn't stay long.

An interest in spiritual matters is IMO a good thing, and at least a neutral thing.

In contrast a Christian, at least in the first world, would not be
    discriminated against. Yet the New testament kicks of with Excorcisms.

Google my long post " Nots and the Bible". Here or elsewhere.

Yet the Church was into inquisition etc.

Really, equating scientologists with Nazi's is fail.

We were both involved for decades. I know niether of us could
    by any stretch be positioned with Nazi's.

Being somewhat presumptious, perhaps we could both be included in whatever are the goodhats. :)

19. Gadfly

Gadfly Crusader

I second the motion! :yes:

20. AngeloV

AngeloV Gold Meritorious Patron

The troll has left the building (finally).