ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Question For Removing Name From Scientology Completion Service Website

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by Out-Ethics, Jun 28, 2011.

View Users: View Users
  1. Nicole

Nicole Silver Meritorious Patron

:clap::clap::clap:

2. obiwan

obiwan New Member

With all due respect - how do you figure?

Refusal to divulge and being protective of one's privacy aren't the same as lying, for one. (I mean this in a literal, not a "legal" sense.)

What about in the gold old days when you had to admit your religious "orientation" on job applications? How many atheists do you think were truthful?

I realize you are referring to something that is a defined mistake, and that the example was less about getting the job than about handling the mistake - for the individual, I assume you meant.

Well, I tried everything to deal with the torment I felt as a result of my time in scio. The only thing that worked was complete disconnection. It was the only thing I could control, so I controlled it utterly.

Now, I can post. That doesn't mean I'm going to start telling everyone in my life I used to be a scio. I don't think that makes me a liar in the way that you meant it - but I think I'd be held to the same standard in your example.

Having wheezed all that out, let me be clear: I'm all for Kristi's site. And I certainly did not support Justin's level of discourse.

And I agree that in the most ultimate sense, I'd probably be "happiest" if that aspect of my life then and the life I have now were completely reconciled. It's not that I don't agree - I just don't agree it's possible.

Nor is it necessary.

P.S. - Mick Wenlock has been the best poster regarding the simple truths of M&M, in my personal opinion. Put up or shut up, guys.

3. Lermanet_com

Lermanet_com Gold Meritorious Patron

this is the best solution,
    Asking a webmaster to change an original document is something they wont do.
    At best you might get your statement of desire to be removed added to the original..
    I had an IAS donor, a $250,000 donor, ask for his name to be removed from an IAS donor list i webbed... I asked him... Ok let me get this straight, you gave $cientology a quarter of a million dollars which they used to screw with me and my friends???? and you expect me to help you hide the evidence?

He did not reply...