What's new

Question For Removing Name From Scientology Completion Service Website

justin

Patron
The simple fact is she is publishing personal information about people without their
permission and the information on her web site is not "the truth" nor is it "history"
because it does not tell the whole story. It is at best a half-truth.

Auditing and course completions information is personal. Wouldn't anyone who
sought counseling on personal matters from their church resent it of the
information were then published on the internet? There is such a thing as a
right to privacy and Kristi is violating it with many people.

The argument that "this is the way the world is now" is bullshit and is just being
reasonable with the actions of a single person who is causing hardship to others
on the flimsiest of excuses. And the idea that she is publishing "the truth" is also
bullshit. At best she is publishing half-truths in that the organization we joined
and supported has now radically changed and we no longer support its leaders or
actions. A lay person can hardly be expected to make this differentiation when
viewing Kristi's web site and would simply assume that if a person's name is there
it means the person supports all the illegal and unethical activities of the current
organization which is not true.

If Kristi at least took responsibility for publishing the whole truth then there
might be some validity to her website but the bottom line is: if your name is on
her site it is construed by the public that you are a follower of DM's abomination
which is a gross misrepresentation of the truth for most of us.

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
. . . The argument that "this is the way the world is now" is bullshit and is just being reasonable with the actions of a single person who is causing hardship to others on the flimsiest of excuses . . .

DOX PLOX

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
If Kristi at least took responsibility for publishing the whole truth then there
might be some validity to her website but the bottom line is: if your name is on
her site it is construed by the public that you are a follower of DM's abomination

What *whole* truth would you have her publish?

Also what "lies' is she telling? Did you or did you not complete the course listed on her website? Bear in mind she got the information from Scientology published magazines. She didn't just pull this stuff out of her ass.

freethinker

Sponsor
You didn't complain when it was published in a Scientology magazine, how can you complain about it now? Or is it that websites are not thrown in the trash and not seen again?

The only ones who would match you to DM's abomination from such a website would be a Scientologist. What non-Scientologist is going to google Scientology completions? If you are worried about someone googling your name and they come up with that site, what's on the site that would get you in trouble or looked upon negatively, The Way to Happiness Course?

If there is something on that site that reflects badly on you, too bad, ultimately you put it there.

If you didn't go after the church for it then you can't complain about Kristi.
The simple fact is she is publishing personal information about people without their
permission and the information on her web site is not "the truth" nor is it "history"
because it does not tell the whole story. It is at best a half-truth.

Auditing and course completions information is personal. Wouldn't anyone who
sought counseling on personal matters from their church resent it of the
information were then published on the internet? There is such a thing as a
right to privacy and Kristi is violating it with many people.

The argument that "this is the way the world is now" is bullshit and is just being
reasonable with the actions of a single person who is causing hardship to others
on the flimsiest of excuses. And the idea that she is publishing "the truth" is also
bullshit. At best she is publishing half-truths in that the organization we joined
and supported has now radically changed and we no longer support its leaders or
actions. A lay person can hardly be expected to make this differentiation when
viewing Kristi's web site and would simply assume that if a person's name is there
it means the person supports all the illegal and unethical activities of the current
organization which is not true.

Truth&Honesty

Patron with Honors

Justin,

I completely understand where you are coming from. I found myself in a similar situation, and here's what I did.

I was always very careful to keep my private life (ie Scientology) and my professional life separate. I left the cult decades ago, and thought it was all behind me. Until, one day, a few years ago, I googled my name. There it was, for all the world to see, the first entry that popped up, was Kristi's Scientology Completions website. Worse yet, it had my name on it, showing I had been involved in it for several years.

I WAS MORTIFIED!

scared-woman.jpg

For months/years after that, I thought whenever a co-worker would occasionally smirk, that they knew my secret, that I had been a "kool-aid drunk" in that bat-sh*t crazy cult.

400_F_8090947_mIyg1eCoAXbCWHZTtDx6TLzABYp90WAd.jpg

For several months, I tried to figure out how I could get my name removed off that list. In the end, I realized that there was little, if anything, I could do about it.

There are a number of things you can do to minimize the damage: you can start going by your middle name instead of your first name, or go by a variation of your first name (eg Bill instead of William) or go by a nick name, or on your business cards put your first name initial (instead of spelling it out), etc.....also you can try to bury Kristi's website with other websites - by signing up for websites that will outrank her website.

But you know what finally did it for me.....

Is when I decided to "out" myself as an EX-scientologist and put my name on the List of People who have spoken out against the abuses of Scientology ( I think it is up to 1500 now). A huge burden was lifted the day I did that.

That website (and several which mirror it) now show up first, ahead of Kristi's website. So anyone looking will see that I have spoken out against an abusive cult. I am so proud, gone is the shame. So I just now regard it as a "character building" experience in my life, and no longer try to hide from it.

I have found since coming "out", that people are very accepting, and like to see a person who admits their flaws and mistakes, and is willing to take responsibility for it.

I hope this helps.......

Good luck,

T&H :yes:

MrNobody

Who needs merits?

Justin,

I completely understand where you are coming from. I found myself in a similar situation, and here's what I did.

I was always very careful to keep my private life (ie Scientology) and my professional life separate. I left the cult decades ago, and thought it was all behind me. Until, one day, a few years ago, I googled my name. There it was, for all the world to see, the first entry that popped up, was Kristi's Scientology Completions website. Worse yet, it had my name on it, showing I had been involved in it for several years.

I WAS MORTIFIED!

scared-woman.jpg

For months/years after that, I thought whenever a co-worker would occasionally smirk, that they knew my secret, that I had been a "kool-aid drunk" in that bat-sh*t crazy cult.

400_F_8090947_mIyg1eCoAXbCWHZTtDx6TLzABYp90WAd.jpg

For several months, I tried to figure out how I could get my name removed off that list. In the end, I realized that there was little, if anything, I could do about it.

There are a number of things you can do to minimize the damage: you can start going by your middle name instead of your first name, or go by a variation of your first name (eg Bill instead of William) or go by a nick name, or on your business cards put your first name initial (instead of spelling it out), etc.....also you can try to bury Kristi's website with other websites - by signing up for websites that will outrank her website.

But you know what finally did it for me.....

Is when I decided to "out" myself as an EX-scientologist and put my name on the List of People who have spoken out against the abuses of Scientology ( I think it is up to 1500 now). A huge burden was lifted the day I did that.

That website (and several which mirror it) now show up first, ahead of Kristi's website. So anyone looking will see that I have spoken out against an abusive cult. I am so proud, gone is the shame. So I just now regard it as a "character building" experience in my life, and no longer try to hide from it.

I have found since coming "out", that people are very accepting, and like to see a person who admits their flaws and mistakes, and is willing to take responsibility for it.

I hope this helps.......

Good luck,

T&H :yes:

I just love this post, so I just had to quote it in full. :thumbsup:

dianaclass8

Silver Meritorious Patron
Since there is nothing your wife can do about it, better be willing to experience it and just go on with her life.

My name has been smeared worse than Kristy's completion list by some Freezoners 'scientologists' who appear to be of good reputation yet they engage in malicious internet postings. I have been trashed in some 'scientologist' youtube channel left and right, when I asked that youtube person to remove those comments because she knew they were blatant lies and they were using her youtube channel as a platform for their hatred encouraged by a couple of characters who happen to post here on ESMB too; she just refused, she said she believe in what she calls 'freedom of speech', needless to say all those people are on my shit list.

Also there was another Freezoner/Independent/"OT"/? "scientologist" who apparently created a whole blog dedicated to my persona with the most incredible ridiculous lies that no one would believe, this bird went on with the so called hate/blog, which I never bothered to read. Funny thing is that after a while I did not care whatever they said or did and they ended up smeared from their own shit...LOL

Like Pooks there is a website similar to the one she mentioned by the CofS dedicated to smear freezone auditors, my name is on it, thanks to a report Terril Park wrote about me he provided with ammo his friends at OSA, and they put my name, phone number and the names of my children on their lame website. Well, what do you know? I've been getting a lot of calls from friends who have been wanting to get in comm with me and even got a couple of PCs as well...lol..thanks Teril, thanks OSA...idiots!

As for me, I know who I am and don't care about those things anymore, it is just a waste of time, there are always going to be cretins like the above mentioned, welcome to Planet Earth, nobody cares anyway, except those that are full of hatred, it is best just to ignore that stuff and chin up and move on.

Aida

Nicole

Silver Meritorious Patron

And regarding the internet -- NEVER, EVER USE YOUR REAL NAME!

Helena

I have a different point of view. Normaly I don't use my real name in the internet. BUT I do when I talk about my Scientology past and the things I have done etc. I see it as my "task" (Pflicht) to do this with my name.

What I have done, I have done... I can't change this, but (perhabs) I can change the future with using my name and I can fight against this evil cult with my real name.

Each person is different. I decided this is my way to say that is me and Scientology was a part of my life. This is my way in leaving $cientology. I hid my $cientology past very long and this ended in a disaster...

Even the evil cult Scientology :grouch:has made me to that what I am today. THIS IS ME!

Last edited:

justin

Patron
What *whole* truth would you have her publish?

You obviously missed the point of my post.

Also what "lies' is she telling? Did you or did you not complete the course listed on her website? Bear in mind she got the information from Scientology published magazines. She didn't just pull this stuff out of her ass.

I also didn't say she published lies.

Giving one's permission to have the info published in a Scn publication is not
the same as giving permission to have it published on the internet. This should be
obvious to anyone, especially since it's what is being discussed on this thread.

Giving permission to have something published in one specific place is not giving permission
to have it published everywhere. Ask a lawyer if you don't believe me.

You didn't complain when it was published in a Scientology magazine, how can you complain about it now?

Because it did no damage when it was published in a Scn publication, obviously.
Are you really unable to see the difference? If so, I suppose there is no point
in discussing this with you.

Bill

Gold Meritorious Patron
You didn't complain when it was published in a Scientology magazine, how can you complain about it now?

If there is something on that site that reflects badly on you, too bad, ultimately you put it there.

If you didn't go after the church for it then you can't complain about Kristi.
Now, I know the information is out there and will never go away, and I agree that the information is completely factual, there is no violation of any law. I also agree that Kristi's list has been very useful many, many times. But...

Let's stop saying "You asked for it", "You agreed" or even worse "It's all your fault".

Do you know what would have happened if a Scientologist had complained or asked that their name not be published in one of Scientology's publications? Yes, they would have been sent to Ethics and had endless "sec checks" and conditions. All Scientologists know this. So to say all Scientologists "agreed" to the publication of their names simply isn't true. It was done, they had to put up with it.

Certainly, some were happy that other Scientologists would see their name, but not all. No one had (or has) a choice. The fact that a Scientologist "didn't complain" is not "agreement".

The church's "Success Story" form has a place where a Scientologist explicitly gives an "OK to publish". There is no such authorization when someone completes a course or service. The church publishes everyone's name regardless.

For many, this was pre-Internet. Were all Scientologists supposed to predict the day when even the most obscure, tiny, private newsletter would become broadly published to the world? Did you? Did anyone?

Yes, the information is now out there and there is nothing a person can do about that, but please stop with these justifications "because you agreed" or "It's your fault". Those are the kind of justifications the church uses for their abuses.

Kristi's site is just a factual listing of Scientology completions, we don't have to justify that as if she were abusing people.

freethinker

Sponsor
What evidence do you have that having it published in the magazine didn't cause damage? What damage has been caused now other than your shock that it is there? Have you been denied or discriminated against or ridiculed because of it or is it just the posibilities that you imagine could occur? Have you suffered any loss of reputation because someone went to her site and used it against you?

If you win a lottery part of the condition of receiving the money is you allow your picture and winnings to be published. Now that could be a problem and has been for winners but you can't prevent it if you want the money. The point being everything you do outside of your house is public record. You operate in the public.

The only difference between when it was published in the magazine and when it was re-published on the net is what you now know about the organization but the conditions existed at both times.
Because it did no damage when it was published in a Scn publication, obviously.
Are you really unable to see the difference? If so, I suppose there is no point
in discussing this with you.

The truth of the matter is is that I'm having a hard time understanding why a Scientology completion record can be such a problem.

Your driving record, credit history, arrest record (if any) etc. is a matter of public record.

When I was younger I got into trouble a couple of times. That record never became an isssue. If I wanted to run for public office it might be but we recently had a law maker in this country sending explicit pictures of himself over the internet. At first he denied it which probably made it worse but even after he admitted it he still intended to keep his job. It was only after it came out that he was involved in statutory rape that he decided to resign.

If you participated in Scientology knowing what went on, I could see your concern but without that knowledge you were only trying to improve your life. Why is that so damaging?

I really want to know.
Now, I know the information is out there and will never go away, and I agree that the information is completely factual, there is no violation of any law. I also agree that Kristi's list has been very useful many, many times. But...

Let's stop saying "You asked for it", "You agreed" or even worse "It's all your fault".

Do you know what would have happened if a Scientologist had complained or asked that their name not be published in one of Scientology's publications? Yes, they would have been sent to Ethics and had endless "sec checks" and conditions. All Scientologists know this. So to say all Scientologists "agreed" to the publication of their names simply isn't true. It was done, they had to put up with it.

Certainly, some were happy that other Scientologists would see their name, but not all. No one had (or has) a choice. The fact that a Scientologist "didn't complain" is not "agreement".

The church's "Success Story" form has a place where a Scientologist explicitly gives an "OK to publish". There is no such authorization when someone completes a course or service. The church publishes everyone's name regardless.

For many, this was pre-Internet. Were all Scientologists supposed to predict the day when even the most obscure, tiny, private newsletter would become broadly published to the world? Did you? Did anyone?

Yes, the information is now out there and there is nothing a person can do about that, but please stop with these justifications "because you agreed" or "It's your fault". Those are the kind of justifications the church uses for their abuses.

Kristi's site is just a factual listing of Scientology completions, we don't have to justify that as if she were abusing people.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Just as a minor point-of-order in this discussion;

I believe that the standard Scientology Success Story Form used in Qual and at the Examiner has a little check-box line at the bottom which states that you agree to the SS being published.

It's not quite the same thing as agreeing to the Completion being published but it may be considered in that light seeing as EVERY Completion includes the writing of said Success Story.

justin

Patron
What evidence do you have that having it published in the magazine didn't cause damage? What damage has been caused now other than your shock that it is there? Have you been denied or discriminated against or ridiculed because of it or is it just the posibilities that you imagine could occur? Have you suffered any loss of reputation because someone went to her site and used it against you?

You'll have to take my word for it -- damage has been done to myself and others
as a result of Kristi's site. The idea that I (or anyone) would have to prove that
to you with "evidence" is too absurd to even comment on.

If you win a lottery part of the condition of receiving the money is you allow your picture and winnings to be published. Now that could be a problem and has been for winners but you can't prevent it if you want the money. The point being everything you do outside of your house is public record. You operate in the public.

A lottery? I don't think you understand what the grownups are talking about here.

The only difference between when it was published in the magazine and when it was re-published on the net is what you now know about the organization but the conditions existed at both times.

Completely false. The difference should be obvious but it is evidently not in your
case. Sorry but I don't have the time or inclination to explain the differences to
you beyond what I've already said.

The truth of the matter is is that I'm having a hard time understanding why a Scientology completion record can be such a problem.

I agree that you are having trouble understanding. I suggest you sit this one out
until you have a better grasp of the situation.

If you participated in Scientology knowing what went on, I could see your concern but without that knowledge you were only trying to improve your life. Why is that so damaging?

I really want to know.

I suggest you work that out on your own time -- I don't feel like explaining it to
you. I know that at least some others understand exactly what I'm talking about.

justin

Patron
I believe that the standard Scientology Success Story Form used in Qual and at the Examiner has a little check-box line at the bottom which states that you agree to the SS being published.

It's not quite the same thing as agreeing to the Completion being published but ...

It is not at all the same thing. Period.

freethinker

Sponsor
It's pretty clear you have an attitude problem.
If you learned how to get along you wouldn't have this problem but your too fixated to realize that.
You'll have to take my word for it -- damage has been done to myself and others
as a result of Kristi's site. The idea that I (or anyone) would have to prove that
to you with "evidence" is too absurd to even comment on.

A lottery? I don't think you understand what the grownups are talking about here.

Completely false. The difference should be obvious but it is evidently not in your
case. Sorry but I don't have the time or inclination to explain the differences to
you beyond what I've already said.

I agree that you are having trouble understanding. I suggest you sit this one out
until you have a better grasp of the situation.

I suggest you work that out on your own time -- I don't feel like explaining it to
you. I know that at least some others understand exactly what I'm talking about.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
I guess I'm just not understanding the huge imposition that having your name on a Scientology completions list is to some people.

Also, I'd much rather be known as an OTIII completion than a "cyber terrorist".:melodramatic: :lol:

If you have been discriminated against, inform the appropriate authorities. Religious descrimination is illegal.

Or better still, as has already been suggested, come out of hiding & make a public statement that offsets your Scientology completions mention. Scientology only has the power over you that you give them.

Personally, I'd rather be known as someone who stands up to the cult and does something about it rather than try to change history & pretend I was never involved.

justin

Patron
It's pretty clear you have an attitude problem.

I'm glad that you've had a thought that seems clear to you however if you look
over your posts on this thread you might notice that the unpleasantness in this
exchange began with your criticisms and admonishments of me in post #85.

Perhaps that is how you always communicate -- I don't know -- but it seemed
pretty antagonistic to me. And, now it seems you are blaming me for an exchange
of enmity which you yourself started with your own rudeness.

If you learned how to get along you wouldn't have this problem but your too fixated to realize that.

I get along with friendly folks just fine, thanks.

justin

Patron
I guess I'm just not understanding the huge imposition that having your name on a Scientology completions list is to some people.

Also, I'd much rather be known as an OTIII completion than a "cyber terrorist".:melodramatic: :lol:

If you have been discriminated against, inform the appropriate authorities. Religious descrimination is illegal.

Or better still, as has already been suggested, come out of hiding & make a public statement that offsets your Scientology completions mention. Scientology only has the power over you that you give them.

Personally, I'd rather be known as someone who stands up to the cult and does something about it rather than try to change history & pretend I was never involved.

You're right. You don't understand. :)

Last edited: