What's new

rare LRH interview

Neo

Silver Meritorious Patron
thats from the 'An Introduction To Scientology' DVD.
interview from the 60s, apparently the last one LRH did. Was one of the major releases from RTC in 2006. They coloured it, hyped the hell out of it. Most Scios on lines would have a copy

its basically 50 minutes of this dribble
:grouch:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
What is the current version like? The interviewer, Tony Hitchman, was involved in the Reed Slatkin scam and fled the country, and I would have thought the CofS would have edited him out somehow, as they do.

Paul

clearcat

Patron with Honors
What is the current version like? The interviewer, Tony Hitchman, was involved in the Reed Slatkin scam and fled the country, and I would have thought the CofS would have edited him out somehow, as they do.

Paul

Guess that doesn't matter if LRH looks good enought by their definition... :melodramatic:

Neo

Paul

Having only seen the early version once, and not sure how much of it, I don't recall enough to compare differences. The current version has the interviewer in it, but my impression of the DVD (both the package and the actual footage) is that it emphasises LRH. I assume the interviewer is the same person, and he hasn't been edited out (not completely anyway), but theres no mention of who he is.
Could probably tell you more, but I'm not willing to sit through it one more time to refresh my memory (yes I'm one of the drones who bought it :bigcry: )

Its certainly marketed as the original just colourised.

clearcat

Patron with Honors
Having only seen the early version once, and not sure how much of it, I don't recall enough to compare differences. The current version has the interviewer in it, but my impression of the DVD (both the package and the actual footage) is that it emphasises LRH. I assume the interviewer is the same person, and he hasn't been edited out (not completely anyway), but theres no mention of who he is.
Could probably tell you more, but I'm not willing to sit through it one more time to refresh my memory (yes I'm one of the drones who bought it :bigcry: )

Its certainly marketed as the original just colourised.

Yeah, they were using it at the orgs as intro video for newbies, black & white was when I saw it many years ago and could not really make out what this is all about... To me it looks like something from the 60's for crying out loud... If you were new to Scn, how could you really make sense of it? :unsure:

WrongPlaceRightTime

Patron Meritorious
is it just me, or does LRH appear to be wearing dentures? notices how his upper palate hardly moves... Not that there is anything wrong with wearing dentures... just a thought

alex

Gold Meritorious Patron
Methinks the philosophy is confused with the church.

I like this video and think LRH say some fairly simple but fudamentally true things in it.

Things that go against the current perception of the chruch, but more importantly go against mans awareness of himself in relation to life.

alex

Thalkirst

Patron with Honors
thats from the 'An Introduction To Scientology' DVD.
interview from the 60s, apparently the last one LRH did.

The very last one was part of a TV programme called the "The Shrinking World of L. Ron Hubbard".

Full Transcript and video here:

http://www.xenutv.com/int/shrinkingworld.htm

For example, he has been caught lying on video as he said he had two wives.

And evaded all questions about the source of his money and certain Swiss bank accounts..

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Methinks the philosophy is confused with the church.

I like this video and think LRH say some fairly simple but fudamentally true things in it...
And I think philosophy, religion, policy, bussiness and hokum is being confused deliberatly to confound the opposition!

One learns on the GO's PR course! - Hehe..

The primary trap that I allude to is found in DMSMH, and stated with less circumnavigation in the video.

It is the idea that you can't trust your own mind! The 'theory' states that you have a Reactive Mind full of Engrams and Implants.. Those are hypnotic commands by all intents and purposes... Containing 'commands' that influences your thinking without you being aware! - This idea yanks your ability to decide about just about anything. If believed literally it completely invalidates your intellect and cognitive powers.

You are left in a very 'receptive' state by this 'knowledge'. You are suggestible!

It is this idea that makes it 'neccessary' to get auditing and get rid of the 'engrams'. Only when your'e 'clear' and the engrams are gone can you trust your own thoughts again. And only when your'e clear can you be allowed to vote again, if Hubbard had it his way!

But when your'e clear.. Hah! - Fooled again! - You have BT's!! - They work just like the reactive mind! See.. They do your thinking for you without you being aware!

It doesn't go on and on.. Only till you run out of money!

:yes:

BTW.. Alex, that was a hoot on Ex Scn Kids! - You attaining SP status with, what? - 7 million posts or something? :hysterical:

alex

Gold Meritorious Patron
And I think philosophy, religion, policy, bussiness and hokum is being confused deliberatly to confound the opposition!

One learns on the GO's PR course! - Hehe..

The primary trap that I allude to is found in DMSMH, and stated with less circumnavigation in the video.

It is the idea that you can't trust your own mind! The 'theory' states that you have a Reactive Mind full of Engrams and Implants.. Those are hypnotic commands by all intents and purposes... Containing 'commands' that influences your thinking without you being aware! - This idea yanks your ability to decide about just about anything. If believed literally it completely invalidates your intellect and cognitive powers.

You are left in a very 'receptive' state by this 'knowledge'. You are suggestible!

It is this idea that makes it 'neccessary' to get auditing and get rid of the 'engrams'. Only when your'e 'clear' and the engrams are gone can you trust your own thoughts again. And only when your'e clear can you be allowed to vote again, if Hubbard had it his way!

But when your'e clear.. Hah! - Fooled again! - You have BT's!! - They work just like the reactive mind! See.. They do your thinking for you without you being aware!

It doesn't go on and on.. Only till you run out of money!

:yes:

BTW.. Alex, that was a hoot on Ex Scn Kids! - You attaining SP status with, what? - 7 million posts or something? :hysterical:

16 million posts....!

I think your hypothesis above is absolutist. I personally never got the idea I counldnt trust my mind, on the contrary, Dianetics would imply that one could trust ones mind to act in certain ways. It is then up to an individual to examine what is there and correct accordingly.

I think the major theme of Dianetics is that there is an unknown aspect.

I dont agree with your conclusion, that it is hypnotic or promoting unawareness, but just the opposite. Identifying the condition that there is an unknown, would prompt most people to look for it. Yes perhaps some people DONT look but just accept it on Hubbards word, but that is not the intent.

And if a person has not looked for themselves, they have never been "in session". I looked, and I saw a mechanism in action in my mind and realized its genesis. No reading of Dianetics or anything else could have provided that experience, at that level of reality. Intellectually sure, gut level? No.

alex

MarkWI

Patron Meritorious
Tony Hitchman

Paul

I tought he was the ED of "I HELP" - International Hubbard Ecclesiastic League of Pastors (What a PR name!!!)

I remember receiving promo letters with his name on.

dr3k

Patron with Honors
Someone find a copy of this for me somewhere so I may mock it appropriately in it's entirety

Neo

I heard that Book commissions have been canceled.

From what I understand, the staff have the book commission pooled amongst those whose stats are up for the week. I believe public still get their commission.
:)