ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Reports of Friday Night Hoopla at Flag, 11-15-2013

Discussion in 'General Scientology Discussion' started by TG1, Nov 16, 2013.

View Users: View Users
  1. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

...if you only knew the amount of time we "experts" spent becoming expert...scares me, too!!

Keep at it and you'll be an expert soon!!

2. Gib

Gib Crusader

In my 52 year experience of life on planet earth.

People are not that fuked up,

but both cults forward people are fuked up. LOL

Would you like to be "clear" and "ot"?

LOL

Both cults create problems for people.

That would be becoming "clear" and "ot".

Per them, that's a problem. LOL

3. Udarnik

Udarnik Gold Meritorious Patron

Not hardly. While I do want to find an e-meter to fuck around with, I don't ever intend to go into an auditing session, and there is no way I could ever match the encyclopedic knowledge of the green and red on whites some of you have.

Nor do I want to. There's only so much processing power left in this old brain.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
  4. Udarnik

Udarnik Gold Meritorious Patron

I don't agree, Gib. I worked on an antabuse project almost 2 decades ago, in patient level research. Some of the stories I heard rival what Clammie talks about from auditing. Some people are that fucked up, and if they self-medicate, it gets even worse.

5. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

Avast routinely reports malware at galac.patra, browse at your own risk. :omg:

6. Operating DB

Operating DB Truman Show Dropout

Good point! I never thought about that until you mentioned this but it's true. BTB's were easy to understand since they were written by good writers. Hubbard's mind was so befuddled by whatever, drugs or his crazy mind, that his writings and lectures were often hard to understand.

Just to clarify - despite all that I've thrown the whole subject out with the bath water.

7. Operating DB

Operating DB Truman Show Dropout

(Weird....double post. How did that happen?)

8. phenomanon

phenomanon Canyon

I'm glad I kept a bunch of BTB packs. Wonder if they, too, will be re-written. lol.

9. Mimsey Borogrove

Mimsey Borogrove Crusader

Yes, they were clearer, like the ones on listing and nulling. Especially when you think of the HCOB called flying rudes. When I decided to study it as if it was written by somebody for whom English was not his first language, it made sense to me.

Mimsey

10. guanoloco

guanoloco As-Wased

It wasn't only BTBs that got purged at that time...it was them (tech vols), the OECs, the tech and admin dictionaries, the R&D series at that time, Dianetics Today, the 2D book, the Volunteer Minister's Handbook, maybe a then-version of WIS (?) and I think various hat packs and course packs.

Just remembering...

11. In present time

In present time Gold Meritorious Patron

my roomate used one of the feshbachs to help her invest her rich daddies money.
    she and i used to go everywhere together, but this guy was cagey about her bringing me along to any meetings... he said his technique was confidential.
    i asked her what he was doing with her money, she had no idea.
    she later got involved with reed slakin, but from the list online now it doesn't seem she lost any money.

12. In present time

I wish I could have met him, if indeed I didn't.
    The "renegade" scientologists were always the most interesting ones, although you knew they were gonna cost you money, one way or the other.
    I mean really, if you're gonna be in a crazy cult... then at the very least, it should be creative.
    In the 80's musician friends of mine who had done OT Doctorate course tours throughout the US were reduced to selling tapes of their music on the curb outside pac, like drug dealers.
    If it isn't fun it isn't... oh, never mind!:hysterical:

13. In present time

and mayo would issue a short email.

Dear Guys,

This is David Mayo.

The only way out of a trap, is out.

Tuck your pockets back in, and know that the only present time is right now.

You don't have to run out trazillions of years of track to aquire it.

Love, the other David.

14. In present time

Duplicate. Not just repeating myself, but actually copy. deleted.

15. Helena Handbasket

Helena Handbasket Gold Meritorious Patron

LRH considered Roosevelt to be the incarnaton of Xenu. He was always ripping on FDR, calling him things like "the little cripple".

Helena

16. Anonycat

Anonycat Crusader

" ... put him in an electronic mountain trap where he still is." -- OT III

I thought Xenu was still alive?

17. Lone Star

Lone Star Crusader

.....and "Frankie the limper".

18. clamicide

clamicide Gold Meritorious Patron

Yeah, my ex never threw out the BTBs and I read them out of sheer curiosity and wondered why they were canceled... it only came back to KSW where LRH said that anything anybody else said was #@$. They were so lacking in the weird wording and such that I did have a wtf? moment or 2, or 12, but, alas, I stepped back into line:eyeroll:

19. Anonycat

Anonycat Crusader

I don't know what their membership is, but in the 1980's a close friend at the time, had been coaxed into (ahem) pre-paying for services. She had a bit of cash on hand, having just won in a rape case. She gave all her money up to the free-zoner, and he ran off with her money. She was understandable mad, first being raped, and then screwed. That is the whole of my knowledge of Bill and his followers. Moonbat scum. I'm sure the rest are lovely people out to save the galaxy. I would never recommend any of that insane crap to anyone, though.

20. secretiveoldfag

secretiveoldfag Silver Meritorious Patron

This was my question also and so far all I found was an approximate figure for the tent crammed full of 4,500, maximum capacity.

But the tent wasn't crammed; somewhere among Black Rob's postings (post 2738 in recent pages of the Thetan in the Bathroom) are several photographs showing half the seats are empty, after the lights are down and the event is in progress.

So it seems possible there were no more than 2500-3500 there, much the same figure as at the Grand [strike]Opening[/strike] Closing Everything Must Go on Sunday.

I would imagine that the two figures were much the same. After all if you come all that way for the weekend you wait for the most important event, don't you?

They are a shabby tired lot.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013