ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Featured Riverside Mission

Discussion in 'Stories From Inside Scientology' started by programmer_guy, Jan 14, 2007.

1. HCObringOrder?

HCObringOrder? Silver Meritorious Patron

So spill already.... :cake: (cannot find the popcorn so I went for cake).

What is she doing?
    She is the second Scientologist to "slam" me. (read Yell with full intention).
    The first one was Debbie's apprentice who later pulled a gun on a wog while body routing.

:yes:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  2. skollie

skollie Silver Meritorious Patron

:ohmy:
    Deb has not been on staff for quite a few years. She's in LA working as a loan officer but still very involved with the Church (giving them all her money). I did send her a link to the SP Times but have not heard back.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2009
  3. AnonOrange

AnonOrange Gold Meritorious Patron

Speaking of Riverside,

Ordinance 884 is coming up for revote on Aug 4.

Time to write three minute speeches!

4. HCObringOrder?

So now we know where to go for a loan?
    Hey Deb, I need a loan for an intensive!

I guess that she and Bill split up?
    Last I heard Billy Bud was the ED of San Diego and looking at the completions lists he and Deb were down south for a while.
    After her time over the Comm Course at Riverside, she went up to the HGC and audited.
    She seemed the most happy then.
    :whistling:

5. The Clam

The Clam Patron with Honors

The last thing I heard about Bill was that he was declared and divorced Debby and since they had kids together she was having problems with the church concerning her kids being on lines. This was a while ago

6. programmer_guy

programmer_guy True Ex-Scientologist

There is a Bill Butler on a declare list posted on this message board.
    However, I'm not sure if this is the same Bill Butler that I knew on staff.

7. HCObringOrder?

I believe he is the one and only, but a picture would be nice.

Deb was blond, but I do not remember if her roots were a different color.
    Bill was black or dark brown hair.
    He was also of large build with a hansom face.
    They were a hansom couple.
    I may still have pictures of them from Riverside.

:yes:

8. HCObringOrder?

Also, if it was an old declare, it may have been as a result of the SMI take over of the Riverside Mission.

9. programmer_guy

What I meant was that Bill could not be the ED in San Diego and yet declared.
    Unless you mean that he used to be an ED in San Diego.:confused2:

10. HCObringOrder?

Correct, used to be I was told.
    Watching the completion lists showed him in the south last time I looked.
    What is the declare list?
    :omg:

11. skollie

skollie Silver Meritorious Patron

After Riverside, Bill and Debbie moved to the Palo Alto Mission run by Sarge. When Sarge left the Church, they moved back down South. They are divorced although I don't know when that happened. They were still married when they were living in Redwood City.

The last declare list I've seen is here:
    www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=10486

12. Rmack

Rmack Van Allen Belt Sunbather

I remember the Butlers! Debbie Butler was audited one day in front of the course room as a demonstration.

I didn't spend a lot of time with everyone because I was a night watchman. I left in the morning when everyone showed up.

A funny anecdote;

One night back in the late Seventies, I was there in the middle of the wee hours with the janitor Eric Betcher (not the right spelling, but it sounded like that) being bored, and I got the bright idea to fill a plastic garbage bag with gas from the stove, and set it off.

This was a big trash back full of gas, you understand. We took it out to the middle of the empty parking lot, and someone else that was with us, forget who, put a lit cigarette next to it, and we ran. A few seconds later it sounded like someone had nuked Riverside! Not in my wildest dreams did I think it was going to be that loud!:omg: I thought we would just see some fire!

This wasn't a well thought out diversion, as you might have already gathered, as it didn't take into account the fact that we were next door to a fire station with lots of firemen sleeping inside.:duh:

We came out (back out) at about the same time that the firemen did to see wtf happened, so they didn't suspect us, until they looked at my scared shitless indicators,:nervous: and then the head firefighter just sort of squinted at me, obviously suspecting something. Long story short, we parted with a mutual agreement that we hoped it would never happen again.

:thumbsup:

13. HCObringOrder?

Between the "Stand UP!!!", "Sit Down!!!" TRs in the Gym on the Fire Station side of the building and the Gas bag explosions, those poor firemen had a difficult time with the neighbors.
    :nervous:

As I have mentioned before, the TRs in the Gym sure seemed to me a horrible PR image.
    :omg:

14. programmer_guy

Our band practice sessions on the weekends in the former handball court out in the back were far worse for them. More than once one of them would come over and tell us to turn our amps down. (Apparently, some of them slept in the fire-station during the daytime.)

15. I missed this bit of gunplay

Hey guys, back up a minute...I want to hear this story! :drama: Do tell all!

16. Mark A. Baker

Mark A. Baker Sponsor

LA Area (Pasadena) Freezone & Friends Convention

There is an LA area convention planned for the local Freezone. It's being referred to as Freezone & Friends as non-freezoners are invited to attend. The event is intended to be as much for fun & reconnection with old acquaintainces as any other purpose. It is hoped that guest speakers from Knowledgism & Idenics will be in attendance.

I'm posting the notice on this thread in the event any former Riversider's should care to attend. A session dealing with SMI & the events of the 1st & 2nd Mission Holders Conferences is under consideration. Anyone with the ability to contact Bent Corydon is invited to forward this notice as his contributions in this matter are especially desired.

The convention is slated for the first weekend in October, i.e. 2-4, October, 2009. The convention is to be held at the Pasadena Hilton.

Pasadena Hilton
    168 South Los Robles Avenue
    Pasadena, CA 91101
    (626) 577-1000

I've been told that the cost is:
    Tickets in advance: $100.00
    Otherwise tickets are: $120.00

Not sure of the "cut off" date for advance purchase. Costs are only to cover the expenses associated with organizing the event.

For those preferring local Mass Tranit options:

LA Metro Rail (Gold Line)

Del Mar Station
    230 S. Raymond Av. Pasadena 91105
    The Hilton is east on Del Mar & North on S. Los Robles.
    Distance is approximately 4 blocks or 0.6 miles.

The 686/687 Bus - Metro Local Line - Direction: 686 New York - Allen, runs by the metrorail station and stops at Colorado Blvd. & S.Los Robles. That cuts total walking distance to approximately 0.2 miles, although it is a much less direct route.

17. Oh Goodie, another gathering!

Roger, willco Mark! Thanks very much for letting us know about this. :thumbsup:

18. HCObringOrder?

Ok, I will tell this story.
    Watch this thread....
    :D

19. Waiting patiently.....sorta.

20. programmer_guy

Joanie Michaelson mentioned this on OCMB a long time ago. (i.e. some Riverside Mission staff moved up there.)
    Some other staffers went to the Buenaventura Mission instead (e.g. Cathy and Tom Steiner, and Jim Hamre).

Scroll down to the post by jmichaelson (Joanie Michaelson) where she says "Larry, you sure have a good memory" - there she mentions Sarge.
    http://ocmb.xenu.net/ocmb/viewtopic.php?t=7026&postorder=asc&highlight=sarge&start=30

BTW, at the Riverside Mission, I supervised the HSDC with Rodney, her husband.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2009