ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Ruminations

Discussion in 'Stories From Inside Scientology' started by Lulu Belle, Sep 7, 2019.

View Users: View Users
  1. Lurker5

Lurker5 Gold Meritorious Patron

Thanks - and holy chit . . . :wow: Right thread to stumble onto, huh :holycow::rubeyes:

Type4_PTS and He-man like this.
  2. Warrior

Warrior Patron with Honors

Attached Files:

3. He-man

He-man Hero extraordinary

That's the green dictionary right? Don't have any of them books left, burned what I had back in 2010.

4. Warrior

Yes, MMTD (aka The Admin Dictionary) is a large green book the size of the OEC Volumes.

dchoiceisalwaysrs likes this.
  5. Enthetan

Enthetan Master of Disaster

I think I still have my original Green vols in the basement somewhere.

6. Warrior

If you do still have them, you might consider donating them to an attorney who litigates against Scientology.

This way they could be put to great use.

strativarius, Type4_PTS and Lurker5 like this.
  7. Enthetan

Enthetan Master of Disaster

Do you have any in mind?

8. Warrior

The first that comes to mind are the attorneys representing Bobette Riales, Chrissie Carnell, and two Jane Does.

Maybe Ray Jeffrey would like a set.

Type4_PTS likes this.
  9. He-man

So that people can make up their own minds on Alan and Knowledgeism I recommend Google which yielded me quite some nuggets.

https://www.forum.exscn.net/threads/the-difference-between-scn-and-knowledgism.7406/

https://whyweprotest.net/threads/knowledgism-the-new-scientology.38732/

https://exscn.net/forum/threads/the-major-flaw-in-knowledgism.11851/

https://knowledgism.com/about/what-is-knowledgism/?v=f003c44deab6

https://www.forum.exscn.net/threads/the-tech-error-of-’62-’63—how-it-went-negative-rogerb’s-fz-presentation-in-pasadena.14524/

To my knowledge Roger B is a great proponent of it.

https://www.mikerindersblog.org/friday-regraded-being-179/

10. Lulu Belle

Lulu Belle Moonbat

I don't know exactly.

Except that "Senior Official in the Church of Scientology" could mean anything. Anyone posted at Int would be in that category.

Same with "Board of Directors CSI". If you dig through the Board of Directors stuff of the Scientology orgs, you'll see all kinds of people you knew to be minions on these boards. I don't know how they determined these people. The ex-CO of my org was on some kind of big Scientology board; I came across it on the internet years later. Didn't mean anything. It certainly didn't give him any kind of clout.

"Most senior official within CSI responsible for “external affairs”, meaning government and media relations, investigations and intelligence operations, as well as all litigation and contract matters. This function is performed by the Office of Special Affairs (“OSA”) and I was the head of OSA for most of this time." Not sure about that either. As I've said, he did move around from CO OSA to D/CO OSA to WDC OSA as well as other places. All three of those positions could be considered "head of OSA", I guess. The operative word is "most" in "head of OSA for most of this time". He definitely wasn't just in OSA. I remember seeing him running around PAC in black more than one time period, as well as his missions (at least one in to AOLA, for one) and stints in RPR.

I didn't read the whole "Texas declaration" you quoted (or any of it except what you quoted, for that matter), but I assume the purpose of his little opening about his Scientology work history was to establish that he knew what went on in OSA. To prove that what he was saying was credible. To that end, it would make sense to establish himself as someone who knew what was going on and called the shots in OSA during that whole vast time period.

Doesn't mean he really did. Doesn't mean there weren't actually gaps. Maybe huge gaps.

Haven't you ever written a resume? You kind of have to smooth over and bridge those big holes when you were unemployed.

This might have been kind of a similar deal.

As I said, my accounts are strictly what I knew, what I saw supplemented with what other people who were there who I knew from the Sea Org knew and saw.

I definitely don't know or remember everything, but I definitely am not making any of it up, either.

Don't have a dog in the fight. I have no issue with Mike Rinder one way or the other.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
  11. Lulu Belle

Lulu Belle Moonbat

Were you in the Sea Org?

12. He-man

Not answering for UM, but imnsho it always seems to be the dividing question on that note.

13. Lulu Belle

Lulu Belle Moonbat

For good reason.

14. He-man

Yeah I think so.

Were we really a world apart from the plebs, sorry, public?

Or is it that they can claim the moral upper ground by never signing their life away to the Sea Org?

15. Lulu Belle

Lulu Belle Moonbat

Yes and yes.

16. freethinker

freethinker Sponsor

PTS Types. i was PYS Type D and H. I would have to find the issue to clarify each one.

17. Caroline

Caroline Patron Meritorious

Here's the policy letter, posted by Suppressive Person Defense League:

18. Caroline

I think this is an important post, thank you. Earlier, Warrior asked "Were you ever told you were "PTS Type H"? Here's what Type H means:
    When you were doing lowers, if you were investigating Ethics, as opposed to doing the formulas wholeheartedly, i.e., with the idea that doing them sincerely would change your condition, you could have been signaling to HCO that you had a "Type F or J sit." Hard to say.

[Emphasis added]

But to be clear, there are many other post assignment criteria besides PTS A-J that determine who gets promoted up the Scientology hierarchy. Obviously a desire for upward mobility has to be present.

Your "true believer" vs. "cynical manipulator" groupings have merit, imo.

19. Caroline

I'd agree with Lulubelle and Emma about those "mandatory" Int events, the speakers and the coma-inducing hypnotic effects. I'd feel more or less the same way during these events (desperately trying to sleep and being repeatedly woken up) as I did during a run of Hard TR 0, toward the end of "Book and Bottle," etc. It was almost impossible to follow the speakers, without going into a confused, dream-like state.

I wonder if Alanzo missed the joke about Rinder's speaking "crimes." Obviously speaking at events is not "criminal" except to the extent that the speakers flat out lied and dissembled, and kept our brainwashing working.

But Rinder and other senior execs have many real legal liabilities about which they are undoubtedly aware, and would want to give themselves and each other an "All Clear" about.

It seems to me that the new Child Victims Act, with the Statutes of Limitation being suspended, would be a serious issue for Rinder, given his insider positions throughout his corporate Scientology career, and because his current relationship with the corporation doesn't save him from legal liability. Rinder and DM share exposure that did not expire when Rinder "blew." Even if Rinder renounced the ideology, which he clearly did not, leaving the corporation means next to nothing in this legal context. (ianal)

It's conceivable that Rinder affiliated with Child USA to help shield him and his co-conspirators from charges they would otherwise face. Scientology executives have never been above using lawfare to benefit their legal and PR standings. Rinder sailed that ship with his Aftermath admissions.

That's why it is so important to the victims that their claims not be diluted or in any way adversely impacted by people whose real interests may remain in conflict.

From legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com:

20. Alanzo

Alanzo Bardo Tulpa

More revisionist history and plausible deniability - from a faulty memory, no less - to obfuscate and distract from the criminal and abusive history of one of the most fanatical people to ever be in Scientology.

We are not "all Mike Rinder", Lulu.

None of us are.