What's new

Safe and True link to HBO Documentary - Going Clear: Prison of Belief

ThetanExterior

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks for the link. That's the first time I've seen Going Clear.

After many years in Scientology and many years out of it I thought nothing about it had any power left to affect me emotionally.

And then along came Sarah Goldberg talking about her granddaughter.:touched:

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Much appreciated, Wants2Talk! I've had people asking where they can see it and each link seems to eventually end with a video take down. He's hoping this one lasts so other who don't have cable or HBO can see it! :thumbsup:

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
I finally got to watch "Going Clear". Thanks to Wants2Talk

One caveat if you decide to watch this version is that it is slowed down and it takes 2.5 hours to get through rather than 2 hours. So, if you're wondering why everyone sounds like they had tee many martoonies or they seem slightly off or somewhat retarded and the music plays slower, it's not your imagination. One of the comments at You Tube was that maybe they were avoiding copyright issues by playing it slower.

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron
I finally got to watch "Going Clear". Thanks to Wants2Talk

One caveat if you decide to watch this version is that it is slowed down and it takes 2.5 hours to get through rather than 2 hours. So, if you're wondering why everyone sounds like they had tee many martoonies or they seem slightly off or somewhat retarded and the music plays slower, it's not your imagination. One of the comments at You Tube was that maybe they were avoiding copyright issues by playing it slower.
Thanks! I didn't recall the original being so blatantly slowed down.
It does make the topic even more ominous sounding.
Plus the crazy left right panning made me wonder if my earphones were faulty.
I have seen it before, but going to watch again right now...

Veda

Sponsor
Thanks! I didn't recall the original being so blatantly slowed down.
It does make the topic even more ominous sounding.
Plus the crazy left right panning made me wonder if my earphones were faulty.
I have seen it before, but going to watch again right now...

That was to escape a copyright infringement claim. Apparently, unsuccessfully. It's gone.

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?39561-Going-Clear-doc-on-YouTube-finally!&p=1038537

Who ever slowed it down might try speeding it up, although not quite this much:

[video=youtube;N1a6NNRq8nI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1a6NNRq8nI[/video]

idrizomare

Patron with Honors
I would love to find a legitimate way to view Going Clear. I don't have access to television and would be happy to pay to watch the film.

A friend who knew nothing about Scientology watched it and was both fascinating and thoroughly disgusted by the CoS. I had never told him about my [STRIKE]obsession[/STRIKE] interest in the subject before. We had a long conversation about it.

ChurchOfCylontology

Patron with Honors
I would love to find a legitimate way to view Going Clear. I don't have access to television and would be happy to pay to watch the film.

A friend who knew nothing about Scientology watched it and was both fascinating and thoroughly disgusted by the CoS. I had never told him about my [STRIKE]obsession[/STRIKE] interest in the subject before. We had a long conversation about it.

I believe you can purchase HBOGO as a stand-alone product to watch on your computer. It's roughly the same price as NetFlix. They usually keep their documentaries available in their library for many months.