ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

Scientology’s Vanished Queen

Discussion in 'David Miscavige and Current Management' started by Cat Daddy, Apr 9, 2015.

1. Cat Daddy

Cat Daddy Silver Meritorious Patron

http://www.vanityfair.com/style/2014/03/shelly-miscavige-scientology-queen-de-throned

Except of long article is long:

2. Thrak

Thrak Gold Meritorious Patron

There's just too many stories I can't keep up.

3. idrizomare

idrizomare Patron with Honors

Quick article summary: it describes Shelly's early life as a messenger, how she and Miscavige met, their working relationship, and proposes a reason for her fall from grace and exile, with likely location.

I'm not that familiar with Shelly's story so I don't know if any of this is news. Still, it's nice to see a publication like Vanity Fair taking up the "Where's Shelly?" question.

4. Little David

Little David Gold Meritorious Patron

5. Panda Termint

Panda Termint Cabal Of One

This is hardly breaking news.

My take on this whole "Where's Shelley?" business is, were an FBI investigator to ask her directly whether or not she wanted to escape scientology, she'd probably say that she was perfectly happy being where she was and doing what she's doing. Scientologists are like that.

Still, it definitely wouldn't hurt for an Investigator to actually check that out with her personally.

6. Cat's Squirrel

Cat's Squirrel Gold Meritorious Patron

You're probably right, and that's the frustrating thing about the whole business. What's a few years being confined to some dump on the side of a mountain somewhere when your eternity is at stake (or so she believes)?

7. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Gold Meritorious Patron

Yep. "Prison Of Belief" is so apt.